600 pounds preorder They can keep it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Hi Amazon.co.uk has the XboxOne on for preorder at £599 with no games just the box and kinect. If the PS4 is going to be this much then they can keep both. Why is it when game consoles in the US is $500 or $600 they have to sell it at the same price in £ and not price it up as the difference in the exchange rate as $600 would be around £450 which is still a big price for a console. But why dont they do the price like that?.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

Hi Amazon.co.uk has the XboxOne on for preorder at £599 with no games just the box and kinect. If the PS4 is going to be this much then they can keep both. Why is it when game consoles in the US is $500 or $600 they have to sell it at the same price in £ and not price it up as the difference in the exchange rate as $600 would be around £450 which is still a big price for a console. But why dont they do the price like that?.

skipper847

microsoft is an american business and is one of the worlds largest monopolies. so because the dollar is taking a beating when going up against the pound, they want to milk as much money from the people in the UK as possible.

idk for sure but that's my guess.

and btw - i own an xbox 360 and really enjoy it, but i'm not even considering buying an xbox one if it costs any more than $350 dollars and doesn't offer a cheaper version that doesn't force kinext 2.0 on me.

Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I'd take that price with a pinch of salt as it is most likely a placeholder price until an official announcement is made on the actual price of the console.
Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1650 Posts

Hi Amazon.co.uk has the XboxOne on for preorder at £599 with no games just the box and kinect. If the PS4 is going to be this much then they can keep both.skipper847

You didn't read all of the information on that Amazon.co.uk website did you? The £599 price they have put on there is a priceholder, it's not going to be nearly £600. Amazon states the following regarding the price of Xbox One:

"Please note that Microsoft has yet to announce cost prices for Xbox One products. The price stated above is therefore liable to change prior to the release date. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price."

The PS4 is also down as £600, that too is a priceholder price. The more likely UK price will be £300-£350.

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

It's called a placeholder price. It's not going to cost 600£.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Yes like everyone has said its just a priceholder.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Yes like everyone has said its just a priceholder.

sukraj

Actually it's been quite evenly split between priceholder and placeholder.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Amazon has a preorder promise, if something ends up costing more than what you preordered it for they'll match the price. They've been burnt on this before when they put WiiU's up for £200, so they're obviously just taking precautionary measures this time around by choosing a price that's the absolute maximum either console should cost.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
placeholder price.
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
Prices for the next generation consoles have yet to be announced. Business that have a pre-order option for the consoles are just using a placeholder (I.E- $600) amount until the prices are revealed. Dont worry, the Xbox One is supposed to be cheaper at launch than the Xbox 360, which was (If memory serves me correct) $400.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

skipper847
I read they just put that steep of a price up there so they could start gathering preorders, but at the same time didn't want to say, "The Xbox One will be $300/$400/$500" and it be higher. They know it wouldn't be higher than $600.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShaineTheNerd
[QUOTE="skipper847"]

ShaineTheNerd
I read they just put that steep of a price up there so they could start gathering preorders, but at the same time didn't want to say, "The Xbox One will be $300/$400/$500" and it be higher. They know it wouldn't be higher than $600.

Look at my dumb ass. Slapping some knowledge on a post when other already had it taken care of. Idiot.
KillMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 KillMaster
Member since 2003 • 383 Posts
When Xob 360 came out i paided 500$
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

It's a place holder price, quite a lot of different stores, both on and offline, have different prices at the moment, since MS haven't announced a price yet. When this happens the stores will correct themselves. Unless of course I've missed an article or two, I haven't been watching the site properly for a few days.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShaineTheNerd
When Xob 360 came out i paided 500$KillMaster
You did something wrong.
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
You don't wanna have a fridge inside you Xbox One OP?
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

If you're willing to believe that place holder price than you can keep your money.

Kaizorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kaizorn
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

skipper847
Definitely a placeholder price, but I assume it will be relatively expensive. My guess is 500 for the "better" console, and it won't make sense to buy the "core" one.