360's Play and Charge Kit...Is it worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ieatnoobs18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ieatnoobs18
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts

Is it worth getting? Does it work well? Does it last a longtime?

Thanks in advance.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
[QUOTE="ieatnoobs18"]

Thanks in advance.

It is worth getting. It does work well, a short charge when it is in use or not will recharge the battery for a normal playtime. I bought mine with my launch console and the battery stopped taking charges as well as it used to. I can let it charge for hours now and it still dies fast, but it was worth not needing batteries for all this time and I will be buying another battery in a couple of days.
Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
Of course is it, unless you have no problem burning through batteries. And I'm not talking about Dollar Store batteries either.
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

Just buy rechargeable batteries...

They're cheaper, and last longer in the controller, at least from my personal experience.

Most chargers will charge more than 2 sets of batteries at once, so no need to worry about not being able to play.

Or invest in a wired controller...

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
i would say just buy rechargeable batteries form say, radio shack or any other similar store. that way you will be able to use them for anything, forever
Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts

gats, look at the time that you edited your post. You want to tell us about your time machine. :P

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

100% worth every penny.

Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts

yes, worth the $20

xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
i would say yes. it is worth getting it. i would say get actual rechargeable batteries as they can also be used for other things that use batteries. i should have done that when i bought my charge station. it is an alright deal it's like $25 for a two battery charge station and play N charge kit.
bbx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bbx19
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

i havent bought batteries in months so i would say yes

zombehhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 zombehhhh
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Go for it

kenmha25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kenmha25
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I like the quick charge kit better.Full battery in a couple of hours. The play & charge takes about 4 hours. I'm not sure how long it takes when the system is on

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
one of the best accessories I've bought for my 360. You never have to stop gaming when your pad runs out of charge, and can just leave it charging when you turn your console off so it will be fully charged the next time you play
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

i love mine, i havent had to replace batteries since i got it. I have 3 controllers with recharable packs, and i can cycle through them and never once run dead if that gives you a battery length time. think i might get a second one soon though, there really great.

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I don't have a play'n charge, but I can tell you that those wireless controllers are a pain in the ass. I would just go for a wired controller, nothing's worse than your batteries dying in the middle of a multiplayer session, having to change your batteries or plug in a play'n charge or whatever. Yeah, they piss me off.

MastaP110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MastaP110
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts

I have been through 2 of them the rechargable battery just dies after like 10 months. I just went out and bought a wired controller because of how much of a pain both rechargeable batterys and regular batterys are.

starwa1ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwa1ker
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
Yeah I would get normal rechargeable batteries, I got the play-and-charge kit at launch, both of them are dying on me.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
yup very well worth it i had mines since halo came out still going strong. charge it while playing charge it when your not charge it on your computer so on pretty much anything with a usp power outlet as ppl saying get rechargeable bartterys well dont buy the cheapest ones u can find u need strong ones
gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts

totally worth it

DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

Get the Energizer Power and Play charging system instead. It's MUCH BETTER because you don't have to constantly remove the battery packs which could cause them to break.

The Xbox 360 charger is garbage.

Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

Its very convenient to have. I hated changeing out batteries when they would die on me, this just makes things sooo much easier.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

gats, look at the time that you edited your post. You want to tell us about your time machine. :P

Kcdragon8116
My god... gatsbythepig, you have to save Lincoln!
DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts

Thanks in advance.

ieatnoobs18
yeah its worth it. you'll spend more in batteries in a few months.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

In responce to the people saying about rechargeable batteries lasting longer...I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember my rechargeable batteries never lasted all that long between charges back when I had my Gameboy Advance, and they don't in my Wii remotes either - but there is a lot of movement involved in that so it might be forgiveable.

If it means anything, I rarely ever have to charge my 360's rechargeable controller batteries with the charger - they last a very long time. I have both the plug & play and the stand-along charge kits for maximum chargeness....I didn't even need that much it turns out, one or the other would be sufficient.

boltzcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 boltzcom
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
Yeah, not sure why a lot of you have issues with the battery packs not lasting. I've had 3 of them from launch and got my 4th when I bought an elite and never had an issue. I can play for hours on hours without having to charge---not once had an issue. They are definitely worth it; and MUCH better than a retarded wired controller. Maybe if you knew a little bit about the science/physics behind rechargable batteries and things you should/shouldn't do with them you wouldn't run through them so quickly ;-)
mataphysical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 mataphysical
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

yea bud.
get a charge kit.
its cheaper in the long run. cos batterys will cost you a mint otherwise

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

I love mine and save plenty of cash been almost 2 years for mine and I play average of 10-12 a week.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
Yeah, not sure why a lot of you have issues with the battery packs not lasting. I've had 3 of them from launch and got my 4th when I bought an elite and never had an issue. I can play for hours on hours without having to charge---not once had an issue. They are definitely worth it; and MUCH better than a retarded wired controller. Maybe if you knew a little bit about the science/physics behind rechargable batteries and things you should/shouldn't do with them you wouldn't run through them so quickly ;-) boltzcom
they are like all rechargeable batteries, even like ones in laptops & phones they all work the same. fact is if u recharge batteries consistantly without letting them completly run out then the cells at the end of the battery never get used. without them getting used and then recharged you will find that the cells close up and die. this reduces the capacity of any rechargable battery this is why phones or laptops also loose battery life as time goes by and why mobile phone shops will advise you to only charge ur phone when its almost or totally flat. its a major limitation of all recharable batter cells. so dont put ur pad into charge every night or all the time. your just killing the battery off. its nothing to do with the xbox battery pack. its to do with every single type of recharable battery used for most household eletrics. if you misuse them by charging early, your killing the life of ur battery
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 djrobst
check out this info i found on a site. Memory effect is the term im looking for to describe what i was attempting above Memory effect occurs when a battery is only partially discharged before being recharged. The battery "forgets" that it has the capacity to further discharge all the way down. For example, if on a regular basis, you fully charge your battery and then use only 50 percent of its capacity before the next recharge, eventually the battery will become unaware of its extra 50 percent capacity, which has remained unused. The battery will remain functional, but only at 50 percent of its original capacity. The way to avoid memory effect is to fully charge and then fully discharge the battery at least once every two to three weeks. This can be done by letting your laptop or cell phone run on the battery until it ceases to function. now it says Laptop but it applies to plug and charge battery packs and even rechargable batteries. you probally dont notice with rechargeable batteries as much because you probally dont charge them all the time, only when they are about to run out where with the plug and charge kit its all to tempting if u dont know to just charge them half way through when u see it gets low. this advice is great for laptops, phones, batteries and battery packs like the plug and charge kit.
boltzcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 boltzcom
[QUOTE="boltzcom"]Yeah, not sure why a lot of you have issues with the battery packs not lasting. I've had 3 of them from launch and got my 4th when I bought an elite and never had an issue. I can play for hours on hours without having to charge---not once had an issue. They are definitely worth it; and MUCH better than a retarded wired controller. Maybe if you knew a little bit about the science/physics behind rechargable batteries and things you should/shouldn't do with them you wouldn't run through them so quickly ;-) djrobst
they are like all rechargeable batteries, even like ones in laptops & phones they all work the same. fact is if u recharge batteries consistantly without letting them completly run out then the cells at the end of the battery never get used. without them getting used and then recharged you will find that the cells close up and die. this reduces the capacity of any rechargable battery this is why phones or laptops also loose battery life as time goes by and why mobile phone shops will advise you to only charge ur phone when its almost or totally flat. its a major limitation of all recharable batter cells. so dont put ur pad into charge every night or all the time. your just killing the battery off. its nothing to do with the xbox battery pack. its to do with every single type of recharable battery used for most household eletrics. if you misuse them by charging early, your killing the life of ur battery

I'm not sure what you're trying to dispute hear pal. I never directed my comment about the science behind them towards just the xbox battery packs...i'm pretty sure I said "...behind rechargable batteries...". I'm pretty sure I knew everything you just said, so why don't you read before you come in with your unnecessary two cents please.
Thanos_Greece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 Thanos_Greece
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts

Yes its worth the money althought it should have been included in the 360 package.I bought it 2 weeks ago and I am still playing

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I just use two pairs of rechargeable batteries. Play with one pair and have the other charging/charged.
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts

check out this info i found on a site. Memory effect is the term im looking for to describe what i was attempting above Memory effect occurs when a battery is only partially discharged before being recharged. The battery "forgets" that it has the capacity to further discharge all the way down. For example, if on a regular basis, you fully charge your battery and then use only 50 percent of its capacity before the next recharge, eventually the battery will become unaware of its extra 50 percent capacity, which has remained unused. The battery will remain functional, but only at 50 percent of its original capacity. The way to avoid memory effect is to fully charge and then fully discharge the battery at least once every two to three weeks. This can be done by letting your laptop or cell phone run on the battery until it ceases to function. now it says Laptop but it applies to plug and charge battery packs and even rechargable batteries. you probally dont notice with rechargeable batteries as much because you probally dont charge them all the time, only when they are about to run out where with the plug and charge kit its all to tempting if u dont know to just charge them half way through when u see it gets low. this advice is great for laptops, phones, batteries and battery packs like the plug and charge kit.djrobst

What you said is only true for the older type of batteries which contain cadmium.. The Lithium-Ion batteries which are normally used nowadays do not suffer from the so-called memory effect.

On topic: I think that the Play and Charge Kit is one of the best peripherals for the Xbox 360. The battery life is really good and I like that you can easily recharge them while playing. Definitely recommended.

MrNacaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrNacaa
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
I wouldnt want to be without it. I dont have to spend money on batteries and that little time that I have to play with a cord is totally worth it.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
yes well worth it it can charge the batteries while the xbox is off too.
Slashfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Slashfan10
Member since 2008 • 1242 Posts

Yes, it is worth it IMO. I have had mine for over a year now and it is till working fine. If it dies, just plug it in and you can keep playing so even if it doesn't hold its charge anymore later on, it is still just the same as a wired controller.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 djrobst
[QUOTE="djrobst"][QUOTE="boltzcom"]Yeah, not sure why a lot of you have issues with the battery packs not lasting. I've had 3 of them from launch and got my 4th when I bought an elite and never had an issue. I can play for hours on hours without having to charge---not once had an issue. They are definitely worth it; and MUCH better than a retarded wired controller. Maybe if you knew a little bit about the science/physics behind rechargable batteries and things you should/shouldn't do with them you wouldn't run through them so quickly ;-) boltzcom

I'm not sure what you're trying to dispute hear pal. I never directed my comment about the science behind them towards just the xbox battery packs...i'm pretty sure I said "...behind rechargable batteries...". I'm pretty sure I knew everything you just said, so why don't you read before you come in with your unnecessary two cents please.

lol, i just used quick quote by mistake after reading your post and quoted you by mistake, thats why there was no relevant dispute. rest assured i wasnt trying to teach you a lesson. just people who think there rubbish because they have misused theirs
boltzcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 boltzcom
[QUOTE="boltzcom"][QUOTE="djrobst"] they are like all rechargeable batteries, even like ones in laptops & phones they all work the same. fact is if u recharge batteries consistantly without letting them completly run out then the cells at the end of the battery never get used. without them getting used and then recharged you will find that the cells close up and die. this reduces the capacity of any rechargable battery this is why phones or laptops also loose battery life as time goes by and why mobile phone shops will advise you to only charge ur phone when its almost or totally flat. its a major limitation of all recharable batter cells. so dont put ur pad into charge every night or all the time. your just killing the battery off. its nothing to do with the xbox battery pack. its to do with every single type of recharable battery used for most household eletrics. if you misuse them by charging early, your killing the life of ur batterydjrobst

lol, i just used quick quote by mistake after reading your post and quoted you by mistake, thats why there was no relevant dispute. rest assured i wasnt trying to teach you a lesson. just people who think there rubbish because they have misused theirs

Hah, fair enough. And I totally agree with that, I hate when people complain that their's doesn't last. I have had mine for what, 4 years now, and haven't had a single issue. Just don't be negligent and you won't have any issues! They are a very good quality product and would recommend them to anyone...
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
I got rechargeable pick up and play batteries. They work fine.
CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
Rechargable Batteries are the way to go. Use em for anything... 360 Controllers Wii Controllers Remotes Keyboards Mice Try powering your TV Remote with a Play-N-Charge kit...
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
Of course is it, unless you have no problem burning through batteries. And I'm not talking about Dollar Store batteries either. Sophette
Avatar image for ZeitgeistReview
ZeitgeistReview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZeitgeistReview
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Of course its worth it! Wireless vs wired.
boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

Yes.