360 on the side or standing up.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZeldaFan091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZeldaFan091
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
I've always been a nintendo fan but i got the elite cuz 360 is pretty bad ass. but i can only open it till xmas. =(. I was just wondering since I'm new to 360, is it ok to stand it up when you play it because it looks cool like that imo. But all my friends say to put it on its side because it messes the disk up if you play it standing up.
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
I've done it both ways and it doesn't really matter. Though you gotta make sure you keep it cool so it doesn't overheat.
Hihatrider87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Hihatrider87
Member since 2007 • 1042 Posts

On its side ftw.

Just sitting there vertically its stable enough, but if it gets knocked over somehow its game over for your disc. with electronics, always go with safetyover style. it doesn't really look that bad sideways by the way.

habitation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 habitation
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I wouldnt suggest standing it up. I stood it up when i first got it and it scratched the crap out of my game. The same thing has happened to some friends as well.

amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
it doesn't matter, just don't sit it on carpet or in an inclosed space. if it breaks, there is nothing else you can do but complain to microsoft like the rest of us.
pentamaroonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pentamaroonis
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

my xbox is extremely loud when vertical.....so i tend to keep it horizontal,

the disk tray rattles when its upright :S not sure why, but id keep it real and put it horizontal if i were you..

Ottosmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Ottosmann
Member since 2006 • 7058 Posts
On the side definitely, play it safe. I once heard about a guy who had it standing up and when he put a game in it got shredded and messed up his disk drive.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I've had mine standing up since I got it, and it's been fine. No scratched disks, no nothing.
amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

I've had mine standing up since I got it, and it's been fine. No scratched disks, no nothing.metallica_fan42

exactly, you either get a frigged up console or you don't. it has nothing to do with how you place it.

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stevenmejia007
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

I've always been a nintendo fan but i got the elite cuz 360 is pretty bad ass. but i can only open it till xmas. =(. I was just wondering since I'm new to 360, is it ok to stand it up when you play it because it looks cool like that imo. But all my friends say to put it on its side because it messes the disk up if you play it standing up. ZeldaFan091

either way

and never move the 360 while you have a game on it

Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
i have it laid down, its awesome!
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
On the side definitely, play it safe. I once heard about a guy who had it standing up and when he put a game in it got shredded and messed up his disk drive.Ottosmann
lol i might have to agree with that but it hapenned when i first got the pro console, alot of scratches when standing up
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i had my 360 standing up for the first 2 months i had it it then i started to hear the disc

but

i started to lay it down the disc runs better um what i mean is it get less damaged so ya but bottom get hotter so sit on some think is good with letting heat escape

i heard some people even take 2 items and and put it on both sides and and sit the 360 on top and it get less hot lol

maby you got the 65mn chip which well help alot

RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Horizontal
unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Okay, I had mine verticle since I bought it (1+ years) and I've had to replace 2 dvd drives, Im on my third. So about a week ago it started making little scratchy noises while playing ME, same noises the other ones made before fail. I got a wild idea to see if the drive made that noise while horizontal. So I took the game out, turned it off and put it horizontal, it has been whisper quiet ever since. Can't help but wonder if thats why Im on my 3rd dvd drive in the first place...

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
oo ya i had some dude told me he had his 360 stading and when he open it the pins was loser and his friends was lying down and the pins inside holding the harddrive and all that was tighter and he thinks it was the heat melted the glue while it was standing whitch made it lose
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
I used to have mind standing up, but I changed it to lieing on its side because of all the ventiliation holes on the bottom, they llooked important
lasagna435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lasagna435
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts
The side is the best option.
SentientGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 SentientGames
Member since 2004 • 633 Posts
I dunno man. I'd play it safe and keep it horizontal.I've had my games get scratched up by standing up the console.
apersoninmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 apersoninmd
well, I keep mine vertical, but that just because it fits better next to my tv like that. I supposehorizontalis more stable simply because there's more surface touching the ground. One thing to remember though, never stand it up or lay it down while it is turned on with a disc inside! This is aguaranteedway of having a messed up disc.
HATEtheSTUPID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 HATEtheSTUPID
I perfer to lay it down, easlier to switch out games and it looks funky standing up
nyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 nyoe
Member since 2005 • 2527 Posts
i dunno just dont change the orientation of the box while yer playing a game thats how you scratch discs ive always had mine verticle and have never had any disc scratching problems although my gears of war disc did mysteriously get a huge natty crack goin down the middle but im blaming this on a careless friend
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
ya id say put on horazontle just in case its better to look not cool then to have scratched disk
ltfan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ltfan15
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
either way is good i have my sitting down sometimes and i have mine standing up some times. ive had it for like a year probably half the time side ways half the time vertical no scratched discs nothing
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts

On the side definitely, play it safe. I once heard about a guy who had it standing up and when he put a game in it got shredded and messed up his disk drive.Ottosmann

That happened to me. Madden 07, Perfect Dark Zero and NBA 2k7 were ruined...

I wouldnt suggest standing it up. I stood it up when i first got it and it scratched the crap out of my game. The same thing has happened to some friends as well.

habitation

Happened to me...Since I plced it flat, no problems. Could be just a major coincidence, but I keep it that way just in case.