360 Hard drive question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

phimseto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 phimseto
Member since 2003 • 267 Posts

I asked this question in another thread, but I am curious about the answer so let me make it its own topic.

My understanding is that, because of the core 360 systems, Microsoft discourages/disallows companies from developing games that use HD space (the way Oblivion on the PS3 packs a few gigs of material onto the HD).

Does anyone know if Microsoft is going to start allowing companies to utilize HD space for their games more frequently/readily? I ask because I'm mulling over whether or not to get a regular 360 or Elite.

Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Raz0redge
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
If you don't get a HD, you'll still n eed to get a memory card if you want to save your savegames. Without a HD, you can't have XBL arcade games, or play demos. So regardless of what MS chooses to allow or disallow, not having a HD is no good in the long run. Additionally, that being the case, you're better off buying the Premium or Elite version, the core is really not worth it..
phimseto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 phimseto
Sorry, I should have qualified that more. I will get at least the premium. My question is whether or not the Elite's hard drive is worth the hundred extra bucks. Thanks for the response.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Some games will use it in the future. I am not sure if GTA IV will or not, but I know a game coming out for the PS3 and 360 will.
phimseto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 phimseto
It's rough trying to decide, especially with supposed price drops around the corner.
masprague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 masprague
Member since 2006 • 614 Posts

It's rough trying to decide, especially with supposed price drops around the corner.phimseto

where do these "supposed price drop" rumours come from? They already dropped the price once......and you do realize how many people have preorder halo right? I am sure Halo is going to sell plenty of systems for MS this holiday....they would have to be stupid to lower the price again.

just go get the elite