360 Failures- Not RROD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IAmDazzle
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

So, I was playing a rental copy of Mass Effect, and it froze, so I turned off the console, checked the disc, had some scratches, buffed it, put it back in, started playing. It froze at a part about 30 after the inital one. Took it out, took off my Intercooler thinking it might be causing some problems, put it back it, pressed start at the menu, froze again.

I turn the console on and off, and it freezes on the 360 logo screen (first thing that comes up when you turn it on). I decided to take the Mass Effect disc out, thinking it may be causing some problems. I grab Halo 3 and stick it in. I get to the Halo 3 main menu and select campaign. It freezes right after I select it.

My question is, WTF? I didn't get any red lights or anything, I tried another game, so whats the jig man? Is this an early sign of failure? Another question, if I do get the RROD and have to send it in, will I have to pay if I never purchased Microsoft's warranty plan?

Thanks for the help.

spartanjohn912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 spartanjohn912
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
My friend has a similar problem but only on like half the games he plays. He hasnt done anything yet.
BlGSLlCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlGSLlCK
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

that happend to me..except i got a message when i put games in saying "to play this disc put it in a xbox 360 console"

i sent it in..its currently in repair .

ObjectiveTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ObjectiveTruth
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
I always thought those intercoolers caused hardware problems?
gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
your system is dead. I had the same thing happen to me. I couldn't get any game to load past the start screen. I never got the RROD.
deadFalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deadFalling
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts

i had the exact same thing, and mine got the rrod within a week. trust me it will come..... and i dont think u have to buy the warrenty but im not sure

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IAmDazzle

your system is dead. I had the same thing happen to me. I couldn't get any game to load past the start screen. I never got the RROD.gagit811

Well I read the Microsoft help section. I removed all components and replaced them, without the HDD. It worked fine. So I threw it back on, and it worked fine. Played Mass Effect for ten minutes and the screen just went black in the middle of it.

_vacant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _vacant_
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts
yea, youre pretty SoL.

but dont feel bad. Ive had my 360 for 3 months but have only been able to play for a week and a half. 3 dead consoles, 3 dead HDDs, just set up a new repair order.

the red ring should come. as for paying. if it does red ring, youre covered, it will be free.

if not, it depends if your warranty has run out or not. just register your console on xbox.com. youll be able to check your console status to see if its still in warranty.
KGrimm03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KGrimm03
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts
that happ. to me but i then never played it for a month then tried it again and 5 min later i got the red lights ):
IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IAmDazzle
Well, it appears to be working fine now... I bought some canned air, so I am going to go over my whole entertainment area and wipe and blow everything down just to be safe.
Cityboi415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cityboi415
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
In my experience, it was the inter-cooler that killed most of my xbox consoles,So I stopped using it and wow my Xbox is running like brand new still.
harrylily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 harrylily
Member since 2005 • 1437 Posts

So, I was playing a rental copy of Mass Effect, and it froze, so I turned off the console, checked the disc, had some scratches, buffed it, put it back in, started playing. It froze at a part about 30 after the inital one. Took it out, took off my Intercooler thinking it might be causing some problems, put it back it, pressed start at the menu, froze again.

I turn the console on and off, and it freezes on the 360 logo screen (first thing that comes up when you turn it on). I decided to take the Mass Effect disc out, thinking it may be causing some problems. I grab Halo 3 and stick it in. I get to the Halo 3 main menu and select campaign. It freezes right after I select it.

My question is, WTF? I didn't get any red lights or anything, I tried another game, so whats the jig man? Is this an early sign of failure? Another question, if I do get the RROD and have to send it in, will I have to pay if I never purchased Microsoft's warranty plan?

Thanks for the help.

IAmDazzle

if u try more u will get a RROD what happens most of the time before geting a RROD

purified-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 purified-7
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
get the power brick off the ground put it on an open box or suspend it somehow
Aeronautical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Aeronautical
Member since 2005 • 2039 Posts
This very same thing happened when I was playing Halo 3. It kept on freezing on launch day, but it eventually worked long enough for me to finish the campaign. But when I went to get the Orange Box with my friends, I put it in and got the RROD.
vannacut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vannacut
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts
its not the intercooler, i have the same problem for a long time now, it says 'to play this disc put it in an xbox360' and i try 10 to 15 times to get it read my disc, and for the freezing every 15 to 20 mins it freezes, it gets worse by the new coming games, even tho it s been a long time i havent got any red lights yet, out of warranty...
shotgunweilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shotgunweilder
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Yeah, if you get the rrod, Microsoft will repair it for free. Only the rrod though.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#17 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
if you didnt you will soon thats what happened to my 360 before it got rrod