360 e74 error fix cost?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by psufootball (151 posts) -

I've been looking for a 360 for a while, and the other day I saw one on Craiglist for 45 bucks. The catch? It has the e74 error. It comes with all cables and everything, and console looked to be in perfect condition. So my question is, is that a good deal? Can I fix it myself? If I couldn't fix it myself, how much would it cost to get it fixed?

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 Posted by YankeeDan345 (1430 posts) -

I think its 100$ flat repair fee. At least thats the only price I've ever heard.

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
#3 Posted by Javieralijandro (2667 posts) -
without warranty its over 9000! had to do that, i would say about 100 bucks. buy a ps3 or an arcade model is what i would recommend instead.
#4 Posted by D0ub13_5c0r3 (2084 posts) -
Well, if they had the warrenty up, then you could get it fixed for free because the warrenty for the E74 has been moved up to 3 years.
#5 Posted by EmperorZeruel (4207 posts) -
[QUOTE="psufootball"]

I've been looking for a 360 for a while, and the other day I saw one on Craiglist for 45 bucks. The catch? It has the e74 error. It comes with all cables and everything, and console looked to be in perfect condition. So my question is, is that a good deal? Can I fix it myself? If I couldn't fix it myself, how much would it cost to get it fixed?

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

thats a good deal because that is covered in the warrenty. i just got the same thing as they are fixing it for free
#6 Posted by psufootball (151 posts) -

I thought they extended it to 3 year warranty only for the RROD?