360 better playing laying down or standing up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Warriorboy1990 (3813 posts) -

Hello, my friend recently loaned me his Xbox 360. I'm pretty new to it (being a PS3 owner). I was wondering is it better for it to stand it up or lay it down?

#2 Posted by DesiGhost (371 posts) -

It's better laying down (Horizontal) 'cause when you put the game in, it won't fall out. When you put up vertical, you can barely put it in. Also, when it's horizontal, it lets the hot air escape up into the air.

#3 Posted by Gregoroth (2552 posts) -
Runs cooler vertical (left side/underneath is motherboard facing). Try it horizontal if you want and see for yourself although it probably would have red ringed by then.
#4 Posted by H_U_R_D (4006 posts) -

i keep both of mine vertical

runs a lot cooler, and wont warp discs

#5 Posted by JordanizPro (1912 posts) -

ALWAYS lay your 360 down horizontal and make sure you install the games you play most and you will be set :D

#6 Posted by InjuredStraw (151 posts) -

lay it flat on the ground (horizontal)

#7 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

There is a better chance of the disc getting messed up if vertical among other things. It is much better for the 360 if placed horizontal. And whoever said there is more of a chance for it red ringing if horizontal, you are ignorant and unintelligent

#8 Posted by travisstaggs (10562 posts) -

I always have mine laying down, looks better to me.

#9 Posted by Xx_Hopeless_xX (16562 posts) -

better to play sitting down..

#10 Posted by goki1012 (449 posts) -
Vertical. IMO the Xbox gets ventilated the same way either way
#11 Posted by IzzieWaru (905 posts) -

Isn't there an exact same thread that's even on the same page? : \

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27379997&tag=topics%3Btitle

#12 Posted by goki1012 (449 posts) -

[QUOTE="IzzieWaru"]

Isn't there an exact same thread that's even on the same page? : \

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27379997&tag=topics%3Btitle">http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27379997&tag=topics%3Btitle

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Notice how that thread says "vertical, horizontal" while this one uses "standing up, sitting down". I guess the first phrases were too difficult to comprehend.

#13 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37597 posts) -

It's better laying down (Horizontal) 'cause when you put the game in, it won't fall out. When you put up vertical, you can barely put it in. Also, when it's horizontal, it lets the hot air escape up into the air.

DesiGhost
lol i have had mine vertical for years, never had a game 'fall out' and let the hot air escape into the air? what does it just circulate in the console when vertical? what absolute nonsensical reasoning
#14 Posted by chaoscougar1 (37597 posts) -

ALWAYS lay your 360 down horizontal and make sure you install the games you play most and you will be set :D

JordanizPro
why always? had mine vertical for years, never had a problem with it