360 arcade vs everything else

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anman4707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 anman4707
Member since 2006 • 590 Posts
im looking at buying a 360. the cheapest one i can find is the arcade version. i know once i get allot of games and save stuff ill have to buy a hard drive and ill eventually buy the wireless adapter. but can the arcade version of the xbox 360 do everything the other ones can?
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
The only diff is the HDD space, no HDMI and maybe not the newest parts in them, but I could be wrong about that.
gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gm0n3y
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts
The arcade package is NOT worth it. A hard drive is practically essential. Just get the Premium package. Trust me, you'll be way happier with it.
anman4707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anman4707
but once i have the need for a hard drive, cant i buy one seperatly and hook it on to the 360. and at first i wont have internet cause i dont have the 360 adapter and game saves dont take up that much space right? like how many game saves coud i fit on the arcade without buying a hard drive
gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gm0n3y
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts
You save cartridge will probably fill up pretty damn quickly. Like I said, the Arcade package is not worth it unless you are a verrry basic-type gamer.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
but once i have the need for a hard drive, cant i buy one seperatly and hook it on to the 360. and at first i wont have internet cause i dont have the 360 adapter and game saves dont take up that much space right? like how many game saves coud i fit on the arcade without buying a hard driveanman4707
Are you referring to the wireless adapter? You don't need that to connect online unless you have no other option. It's ready out of the box to connect through a cable, but you would of course need the HDD to be online.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
let me try and make this clear. when you buy the arcade, if you're planning on getting a hard drive, you're really screwing yourself over. buying the premium is only about $60 more i believe, but buying the hard drive separately is $100. besides that though, the arcade can do pretty much everything else, although it requires the hard drive to go online. your memory space will be limited, you can fit a few game saves on there, sure, but no music, movies, or arcade games. BUT ANYWAY, when it's all said and done, a 360 is a 360, and no matter what version you get it's gonna be great. good luck :)
LukePenfold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 LukePenfold
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts

yes it does have a hdmi port

The only diff is the HDD space, no HDMI and maybe not the newest parts in them, but I could be wrong about that.Strife88

anman4707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anman4707

[QUOTE="anman4707"]but once i have the need for a hard drive, cant i buy one seperatly and hook it on to the 360. and at first i wont have internet cause i dont have the 360 adapter and game saves dont take up that much space right? like how many game saves coud i fit on the arcade without buying a hard drivemsjr78
Are you referring to the wireless adapter? You don't need that to connect online unless you have no other option. It's ready out of the box to connect through a cable, but you would of course need the HDD to be online.

well we have wireless internet that works for my wii...and there isnt a plug thing right behind our entertainment center and my mom wont let me have a cord runing through the room so i think in order for the 360 to recieve the wireless signal u have to have the receiver right?

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

[QUOTE="msjr78"][QUOTE="anman4707"]but once i have the need for a hard drive, cant i buy one seperatly and hook it on to the 360. and at first i wont have internet cause i dont have the 360 adapter and game saves dont take up that much space right? like how many game saves coud i fit on the arcade without buying a hard driveanman4707

well we have wireless internet that works for my wii...and there isnt a plug thing right behind our entertainment center and my mom wont let me have a cord runing through the room so i think in order for the 360 to recieve the wireless signal u have to have the receiver right?

Correct. I didn't know what your situation was.
anman4707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anman4707

let me try and make this clear. when you buy the arcade, if you're planning on getting a hard drive, you're really screwing yourself over. buying the premium is only about $60 more i believe, but buying the hard drive separately is $100. besides that though, the arcade can do pretty much everything else, although it requires the hard drive to go online. your memory space will be limited, you can fit a few game saves on there, sure, but no music, movies, or arcade games. BUT ANYWAY, when it's all said and done, a 360 is a 360, and no matter what version you get it's gonna be great. good luck :) ctfvyrsgurbnorn

thank u sir for explaining it more in depthly. after thinking about it i think ill go with 360 pro for only 70 bucks more.

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts

[QUOTE="ctfvyrsgurbnorn"]let me try and make this clear. when you buy the arcade, if you're planning on getting a hard drive, you're really screwing yourself over. buying the premium is only about $60 more i believe, but buying the hard drive separately is $100. besides that though, the arcade can do pretty much everything else, although it requires the hard drive to go online. your memory space will be limited, you can fit a few game saves on there, sure, but no music, movies, or arcade games. BUT ANYWAY, when it's all said and done, a 360 is a 360, and no matter what version you get it's gonna be great. good luck :) anman4707

thank u sir for explaining it more in depthly. after thinking about it i think ill go with 360 pro for only 70 bucks more.

you're welcome, just glad i could help :)
Sedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Sedoras
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
Just one little addition: If you want to get a memory card anyway (the only reason to get one is because that allows you to use your xbox live account in other consoles without having to use the annoying "Account recover" function), then the Arcade + HD maybe cheaper than the Pro + Memory Card. But then again, the Pro is bundled with 2 games (Viva Pinata and Forza Motorsport 2), so it is still the better bundle. I wanted to get an arcade as well but got a pro as no one had the arcade, and i did not regret it - xbox live is worth it for the videos and demos alone.
anman4707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anman4707

the pro im looking at doesnt come with two games heres the link.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020253

Coleman85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coleman85
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
I recently bought a 360 arcade and i really don't see the big deal. For one the 256mb card can fit quite a bit of game saves, I even fit a few arcade games in . At first I had my thoughts because I wanted the music but i got around that by using my ipod, which is more convenient than ripping it on the hard drive. I wasnt into Forza and I already beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance so I used part of the money I saved to buy the networking adaptor I had to buy regardless of which edition I got anyways. If you buy at least a 3 month membership of live at the store they give you a headset. I know this is getting long but it has an hdmi port so i used a cable that i had lying around so there was no need in buying additional cables. There you have it .
Sedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Sedoras
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
Interesting. Seems like an EU-only offer then: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B000WUYR52
bnuss82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 bnuss82
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts

I recently bought a 360 arcade and i really don't see the big deal. For one the 256mb card can fit quite a bit of game saves, I even fit a few arcade games in . At first I had my thoughts because I wanted the music but i got around that by using my ipod, which is more convenient than ripping it on the hard drive. I wasnt into Forza and I already beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance so I used part of the money I saved to buy the networking adaptor I had to buy regardless of which edition I got anyways. If you buy at least a 3 month membership of live at the store they give you a headset. I know this is getting long but it has an hdmi port so i used a cable that i had lying around so there was no need in buying additional cables. There you have it .Coleman85

So can you still get online even though you do not have a hard drive? can you still get achievements and other stuff?

Coleman85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Coleman85
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
yeah sure can I play just like everyone else, true i dont have the space for big map downloads but those updates are not that big. I have orange box which takes 30mb , Halo takes 10 i think and i have COD4 which takes less than 1mb. You can get all the same achievments. I have ran into one problem though, I cant play online co-op on halo 3 for some reason.