343 ruining halo 4?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Whoa whoa whoa that may be you're opinion but Halo 3 ODST is mine and every single one of my friends FAVOURITE HALO GAME. As for me I cant stand Master Chief he is like Chuck Norris....A bland tank that charges through stuff with no issues. ODST is #1 and Reach is #2 at least for me and my friends.

Halo was ruined once odst came out :)LessThanMike

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Bungie didnt hand down Halo to 343. Microsoft terminated Bungie after their contract expired and Microsoft gave the Halo rights to 343. Bungie did not.

I've got faith in Bungie's decision to hand down the Halo franchise to 343. People are jumping to, too many conclusions. Sure there are similarities to CoD, but a lot of FPS' recently have pretty much been carbon copies of CoD, why not hate on them? From what I have read, Halo is staying true to it's routes. Loadouts and Armour Abilities (perks if you will) are just an evolution in the genre. Halo has always felt like Halo and I doubt 343 are going to ruin it.xCaseylakes

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

[QUOTE="leathaltaco"][QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Halo was ruined once odst came out :)Wasdie

you are almost right on that one

What are you guys talking about...

ODST is fantastic. I'm replaying it right now. The atmosphere alone is amazing. The whole game feels so unique yet distinctly Halo.

Its another highly anticipated and popular game, the best games always have people trying to drag it down before its even been released, with barely any reason.
Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

So adding more customization to a game some how makes it suck.

Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

Halo was ruined once odst came out :)LessThanMike
Odst was a good game! The soundtrack is one of the best in the series.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Wait till the game comes out before you judge.

I couldnt stop myself from watching some of the leaked footage thats gotten out there and from what Ive seen,Halo 4 may be the best Halo.

TheConsul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheConsul
Member since 2002 • 3855 Posts

All I want is 1-50 ranking system based on SKILL back. No more of this garbage ranking up based on EXP and not being able to rank down. That's what made halo 2/3 so enjoyable. Games meant something... Now I could care less how I do in games; I am still getting EXP for them anyways and that's such a garbage way to go about it.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#58 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I'm ready for change. While I'm not entirely on board with everything just yet I'll wait till I actually play it. At least they aren't just reskinning Reach or 3 and calling it a day.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#59 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Play it first before you judge it.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#60 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Cleary You havn't played it and u know nothing. some of the stuff they been talking about will only be in infinity game modes
leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

UPDATE EVERYONE

I made this thread right after 343 released some info on halo 4( mostly the instant respawning, weapon customization, and sprint)

i just clicked back on this thread since forever and i would like to appologize

i have became more familiar with halo 4 and now i love it and cannot wait, i have heard so many great and wonderful things about this game. i have read an honest review by someone who has played it and he said it was one of the greatest games every created.

although i am still not sure on how the campaign will do, now with a bunch of changes added to them. anyway i hope the game does well and hope it is back on top

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
Pretty much agree with everyone as far as ODST is concerned. I'm actually pretty excited for the direction 343 is taking the Halo series in, especially for the Campaign. I'll hold out to see how Multiplayer feels but from those I've heard and talked to who got a chance to try it out, actually rather liked it.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#63 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
Once again, here is someone who is judging the changes before the game even comes out.Why don't you reserve your comments for when the game comes out.There are too many people these days that want to tell you that the game sucks and that they are ruining the game but they haven't even played it BECAUSE ITS NOT EVEN OUT YET....
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

I've actually liked everything I've seen so far, high hopes for this one!

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#65 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm fully confident that Halo 4 will be great. 343 did a fine job on Halo: CE Anniversary, so I don't think they'll stop there.

NeoDeaf17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NeoDeaf17
Member since 2012 • 42 Posts

I think people are making too much of a big deal out of the weapon customization.

driftingsilvia
I think so too, I believe weapons customization gives other people a good chances to counterattack other people that plays good.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#67 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
Honestly, I felt that the whole "feel" of Halo was ruined ever since Halo 2 was released. Don't get me wrong, Halo 2 was a lot of fun (and brought many innovations to XBL)...it just didn't feel like Halo without the over-powered pistol. Every release after that, I have always found certain changes that I disliked, but at the same time, they have always brought something new and interesting to the table. Both Bungie and 343 have disappointed me so far with Halo ODST, Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary ( Omittance of the original Halo CE multiplayer) to some degree... so I wouldn't mind a bit of change to what they have now.
Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts
Honestly, I felt that the whole "feel" of Halo was ruined ever since Halo 2 was released. Don't get me wrong, Halo 2 was a lot of fun (and brought many innovations to XBL)...it just didn't feel like Halo without the over-powered pistol. Every release after that, I have always found certain changes that I disliked, but at the same time, they have always brought something new and interesting to the table. Both Bungie and 343 have disappointed me so far with Halo ODST, Halo Reach and Halo Anniversary ( Omittance of the original Halo CE multiplayer) to some degree... so I wouldn't mind a bit of change to what they have now. a55a55inx
You are nit picking Halo didint feel like Halo cause it didnt have a OP pistol ? Great way to judge a game .
allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

I liked the first two Halo games, but Reach single player really sucked! I've watched a preview game sequence in-store at Eb Games and it looks promising, can't really judge it until it comes out. Wait and see.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

343 are saving the series, after the sleepy fest that was Halo 3, and the mediocrity of Halo Reach, Halo 4 looks amazing.

Only Halo game I enjoyed between Halo 3 and 4 were ODST (bearly) and CE Anniversary.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Venom951

I liked the first two Halo games, but Reach single player really sucked! I've watched a preview game sequence in-store at Eb Games and it looks promising, can't really judge it until it comes out. Wait and see.

allboutkiln
Reach was awful no character development game just felt rushed.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

Halo 4 is going to be intensity in ten cities. I cant wait to get my hands on the all the maps packs at once with the LE. The thing I'm most excited about is the base building which is awesome because they resemble the bases in Halo wars and the mechs. MECHS!!!

allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

[QUOTE="allboutkiln"]

Venom951

Reach was awful no character development game just felt rushed.

Yes, all of the above and $109 for a 7 hour single player campaign was a terrible waste of money, i hope Halo 4 rocks.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

[QUOTE="leathaltaco"][QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Halo was ruined once odst came out :)Wasdie

you are almost right on that one

What are you guys talking about...

ODST is fantastic. I'm replaying it right now. The atmosphere alone is amazing. The whole game feels so unique yet distinctly Halo.

I didn't like ODST too much when it came out, thought it was just so-so, I was playing it 3 player co-op with two of my friends, it seemed to lack challenge, and it's hard to be engaged by story when you're on your headsets chatting it up with friends, however just before Reach came out I decided to do a single player Legendary playthrough of ODST and man I enjoyed it a lot more then, it was a great challenge that way, the increased difficulty really stretched the campaign out. Kind of made me feel like a douche for not having noticed this earlier.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

This is one of the most absurd things I've seen all day....

343 is taking the time to fix all the things Bungie did wrong....

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

After the ODST AND REACH, Halo needs a refreshment. 343 will not fail us. Game seems amazing to most gamers.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Venom951

After the ODST AND REACH, Halo needs a refreshment. 343 will not fail us. Game seems amazing to most gamers.

RiKanKiDD
nope ign gave it a 9.8 and gamespot a 9.0 so critically its off t a go start .
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#78 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Game looks amazing

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#79 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]halo was ruined with reach... I will give halo one more shot for all the enjoyment i had for YEARS with halo 1-2-3-odstCyanide4Suicid3
Reach was 10 times better than Halo 3. Just my opinion though.

i strongly disagree. everything distracted from fair competition in the multiplayer. armor abilities, armor unlocks, a horrible ranking system (carbon copy of CoD)...
C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

Humans are such f-cking idiots... We literally complain about EVERYTHING...

OP you are such a tool... If you weren't crying about it changing/being new and they made this one the same as the others... I bet you would have been the first idiot to make a "343 making the same old halo?" thread with complaints about how stale everything is and how you want them to innovate and add new things...

Jesus f-cking christ people. Why the hell can't you either enjoy the damn game or shut the hell up and let other people enjoy it? If you don't like it and don't want those changes... THEN HOLY SH-T CRAZY CONCEPT INCOMING: DON'T BUY THE GAME!?!???

*inserts mindblown.gif*

EDIT: Before you ask... Yes, I mad.

C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]halo was ruined with reach... I will give halo one more shot for all the enjoyment i had for YEARS with halo 1-2-3-odstpaullywog

i strongly disagree. everything distracted from fair competition in the multiplayer. armor abilities, armor unlocks, a horrible ranking system (carbon copy of CoD)...

Apart from playing MLG rules and/or SWAT removed all of those things from the equation and it became a shooter where people who make headshots/are good succeed.

Playing only the newb modes where those items existed and then complaining about them as if you are forced to experience them at all times is beyond stupid.

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]halo was ruined with reach... I will give halo one more shot for all the enjoyment i had for YEARS with halo 1-2-3-odstpaullywog

See, I really liked the inclusion of armor abilities and the unlockable armor. I hated the ranking system of Halo 3. Im not going to say that Reach's ranking system was amazing, but I do like the exp system. Yes, its nowhere near as accurate as Halo 3 and I dont think people should get a match bonus or such, but I just like the exp system better, lol
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Humans are such f-cking idiots... We literally complain about EVERYTHING...

OP you are such a tool... If you weren't crying about it changing/being new and they made this one the same as the others... I bet you would have been the first idiot to make a "343 making the same old halo?" thread with complaints about how stale everything is and how you want them to innovate and add new things...

Jesus f-cking christ people. Why the hell can't you either enjoy the damn game or shut the hell up and let other people enjoy it? If you don't like it and don't want those changes... THEN HOLY SH-T CRAZY CONCEPT INCOMING: DON'T BUY THE GAME!?!???

*inserts mindblown.gif*

EDIT: Before you ask... Yes, I mad.

C2N2

You are human therfore (according to you) you are a F-ing idiot.

Some of us critisize because we want to start a discussion or we are just simply sharing an oppinion. If you looked later on the OP changed his oppinion. It was a legit concern that 343 ws gonna f halo up, but they didnt.

And, I hate to say it, this is a perfect example of a troll.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Venom951
Well only 48 long hours left till Halo 4 is out .
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
it's not ruined just different. games are always evolving. look at the original Rainbow 6 and the new one. or the original Ghost Recon and then Future Soldier. The games we love change over time with the ages.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I'll let you know when I play it. Its like Modern Warfare, a different dev take on the franchise.