343 ruining halo 4?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by leathaltaco (222 posts) -
I hope i'm not the only one who notices that halo is being ruined by 343. They are makeing everything suck. Like the weapon customization, the instant respawn, and a lot more. although i don't mind the armor customization but they are making it EXACTLY like call of duty
#2 Posted by LessThanMike (5363 posts) -
Halo was ruined once odst came out :)
#3 Posted by leathaltaco (222 posts) -
Halo was ruined once odst came out :)LessThanMike
you are almost right on that one
#4 Posted by kungfool69 (2584 posts) -

consider it different. no one is taking the earilier games away from you, but 343 were built to make ONLY halo, so i doubt they will steer it to far. i bet if they didnt make some minor tweaks, everyone would be whinging about it being "out of date" or "archeic" (spelling?)

#5 Posted by Wasdie (53437 posts) -

[QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Halo was ruined once odst came out :)leathaltaco

What are you guys talking about...

ODST is fantastic. I'm replaying it right now. The atmosphere alone is amazing. The whole game feels so unique yet distinctly Halo.

#6 Posted by unbeatable100 (65 posts) -

i don't mind stuff being a little different, i'll wait for a review to tell me if the game sucks or not

#7 Posted by seankane (4076 posts) -

I would wait to see how all these ideas turn out in practice rather than dismissing them from how they sound on-paper.

Anything new was bound to get this sort of response from some Halo fans, though. They are understandably skeptical about somebody replacing Bungie, but we're far away from being able to tell if these fears are founded or not.

#8 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
halo was ruined with reach... I will give halo one more shot for all the enjoyment i had for YEARS with halo 1-2-3-odst
#9 Posted by xCaseylakes (25 posts) -
I've got faith in Bungie's decision to hand down the Halo franchise to 343. People are jumping to, too many conclusions. Sure there are similarities to CoD, but a lot of FPS' recently have pretty much been carbon copies of CoD, why not hate on them? From what I have read, Halo is staying true to it's routes. Loadouts and Armour Abilities (perks if you will) are just an evolution in the genre. Halo has always felt like Halo and I doubt 343 are going to ruin it.
#10 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

[QUOTE="leathaltaco"][QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Halo was ruined once odst came out :)Wasdie

ODST is fantastic. I'm replaying it right now. The atmosphere alone is amazing. The whole game feels so unique yet distinctly Halo.

Everyone complains cause it was a 4-6 hour game with the same multiplayer as the previous game in the series with the regular $60 price tag...oh wait...

#11 Posted by ComBaTsOuL (507 posts) -
i personaly cant wait to see a 343 fresh take on halo....
#13 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
Halo was ruined once odst came out :)LessThanMike
Don't see why Halo fans hate it. Besides the short campaign I thought it was fine, loved the atmosphere which is something I havn't been able to say about a Halo game before.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
#14 Posted by JayQproductions (1804 posts) -

It makes since when you look at how friendly Microsoft has been to the COD franchise, why wouldnt Microsoft change it's popular shooter that it owns, to be more like the most popular shooter they dont own? They already announced ranking system with weapon unlocks, custom loudouts, and no respawn delay. I bet you also die faster, making it a faster paced game like COD, hell I wouldnt be surprised if they added aiming down your sights, laying prone, and killstreaks by Halo 6. It's gonna turn into a futuristic COD with power armor.

#15 Posted by brimmul777 (3291 posts) -

No,I don't think 343 studio's is ruining Halo,I think it will be a fresh change from too many Halo game are mostly alike.You,and many like you are judging a game we still don't know to much about yet.I am hoping Halo 4 will be a Great game and stay a Xbox 360 exclusive.

#16 Posted by firefox59 (4530 posts) -
[QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Halo was ruined once odst came out :)chilly-chill
Don't see why Halo fans hate it. Besides the short campaign I thought it was fine, loved the atmosphere which is something I havn't been able to say about a Halo game before.

I really enjoyed the SP as well.
#17 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7683 posts) -

[QUOTE="leathaltaco"][QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Halo was ruined once odst came out :)Wasdie

bad taste, but the music was the best part of that game............however, Like i care about the secret of new mumbasa.

God bungie sucks

#18 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

It does sound like they are going a little COD with it based off the info I read, but who knows? I don't think they are ruining it, let's wait and see when the actual game comes out first or at least until we get more solid gameplay videos and info, then we can make a better conclusion.

Though I hope they don't make a forgettable short 5-hour campaign that so many shooters are doing nowadays. And mabey I'm in the minority on this but I thought Reach was better than Halo 3, like by alot. Only thing I'm dissapointed in Halo 4 about so far is the graphics, I expected better, like Killzone or Uncharted level graphics.

But at the end of the day it's the gameplay that matters, so we will have to wait and see. I'm sure Bungie left Halo in good hands, I'm sure they didn't just pick some random dev team off the street, so 343 must have some merits.

#19 Posted by andmcq (256 posts) -

The only decent Halo was the original one and maybe (to a lesser extent) Halo 2...

#20 Posted by RAGEofSTUNTS (733 posts) -
I think they are doing a pretty good job from what I seen so far, and ODST was a nice change in setting and I might have gotten tired of Halo. campaign wise, if I didn't get ODST.
#21 Posted by sirk1264 (5881 posts) -
I'll reserve judgement till it comes out. I loved all the halo games and still play reach today.
#22 Posted by SonicX_89 (573 posts) -

I don't think they are ruining the series at all. In fact, this is the most interested I've been in a Halo game. I've been playing the games for a while now and I'm looking forward to what 343 can bring to the series.

#23 Posted by BloooMoonMon (140 posts) -
I have pretty high hopes it'll be good and sill wll.
#24 Posted by Doomminion (42 posts) -

I for one already have this game paid off on pre-order so all I have to do is wait till the midnight launch of the game.And for your information 343 studios is all people who played the hell out of halo when it first came out so give them a chance omg it has perks it a future cod run for your lives really get over it and play the game when it comes out then you can say if they ruined the franchise or not geez

#25 Posted by MathMattS (4012 posts) -

Nah, I wouldn't say that 343 is ruining Halo. I'm more interested in the campaign and story than in multiplayer.

343 did a beautiful job with the revamp of the first Halo game, so I'm trusting them with Halo 4. I can't wait!

#26 Posted by MadVybz (2797 posts) -

Customization is the new thing in gaming now. Just because a game has customization options does not mean it's going to be just like CoD.

Besides, have you actually played the game to come to that conclusion? The only information we have to go by are a few trailers and developer's comments.

Also, all I've heard over the years is that Halo hasn't changed much and people threw negative comments about it left, right and center. Now that 343 is taking over and adding all these new features, making a fresh Halo experience, people are complaining that it's no longer Halo. Like, really? Gamers really are a childish bunch some times.

#27 Posted by Fellix722 (25 posts) -
I wasn't one of the people complaining, I have always played Halo, I played all of them... I hate COD and the very idea that it has anything that resembles COD or changes it from what I love about this what used to be competitive game makes me really mad... What makes me even more angry is that they dont do anything to fix it at all after hearing this outcry from the fans, believe me I have done game development and its not that hard to take out that crap and go back to what is normal, hell they could even leave in the loadouts as a certain game type that people could play while I could still have my balanced competitive multiplayer!!!
#28 Posted by wizdom (10109 posts) -
[QUOTE="leathaltaco"]I hope i'm not the only one who notices that halo is being ruined by 343. They are makeing everything suck. Like the weapon customization, the instant respawn, and a lot more. although i don't mind the armor customization but they are making it EXACTLY like call of duty

How do you know it's going to suck? Have you played it yet? I agree that the changes aren't looking good imo, but to say it sucks is silly, wait until the game comes out before saying crazy things like that.
#29 Posted by driftingsilvia (4089 posts) -

I think people are making too much of a big deal out of the weapon customization.

#30 Posted by CARNAGES41 (314 posts) -

Halo hasn't been good since Halo 2, im glad they are changing it, maybe it will become fun again

#31 Posted by MikeMoose (3079 posts) -

I hope i'm not the only one who notices that halo is being ruined by 343. They are makeing everything suck. Like the weapon customization, the instant respawn, and a lot more. although i don't mind the armor customization but they are making it EXACTLY like call of dutyleathaltaco

I thought the same thing when I read up on what they were doing with the game. Im really hoping it doesn't suck :/

#32 Posted by donsal1976 (25 posts) -
Give 343 a chance to prove themselves. Anniversary edition was just a redo and add-on of multiplayer through the reach server. Let's see how they handle a brand new trilogy before we judge them too harshly. Personally I would like for them to reinstitute the in game communication (trash talking) and make the vehicles more team friendly and stronger just like halo 3. One of the main reasons halo 3 appealed to so many was its ability to let you meet new people and have fun together. The extended time in the game search lobby led to many Xbox friendships that I still have to this day. It was probably the 360s best social game to date and I hope 343 can repeat that environment. Just my 2 cents...3 cents Canadian. Lol
#33 Posted by Busy_Man123 (1430 posts) -

I think they're doing a fine job with it. Was worried about a couple of things, but I decided to research more info about them, and right now, I'm pretty cool with how the game is going to be. People need to understand video games are kind of like a business; if something sets a standard, another game will probably take some ideas of it.

#34 Posted by youngmurk911 (3895 posts) -
[QUOTE="LessThanMike"]Halo was ruined once odst came out :)leathaltaco

o no....he's absolutly right
#35 Posted by slipknot0129 (5832 posts) -

I hope Halo gets more like Call of Duty after each game. It would be like the Future Warfare ive always wanted.

#36 Posted by leathaltaco (222 posts) -

I hope Halo gets more like Call of Duty after each game. It would be like the Future Warfare ive always wanted.

slipknot0129
i guess crysis isn't good enough for you, and cod sucks
#37 Posted by leathaltaco (222 posts) -
ok on a similar subject. is 343 writing the halo story as they go or did bungie already finish the halo story years ago. I don't want to see 343 mess up and show master chief's face, or have like a stupid twist like he's a monkey or something. definatly not a mass effect 3 ending
#38 Posted by slipknot0129 (5832 posts) -

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

leathaltaco

That game like COD? Im gonna buy it when I get my Alienware x51 pc.

#39 Posted by leathaltaco (222 posts) -

[QUOTE="leathaltaco"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

slipknot0129

That game like COD? Im gonna buy it when I get my Alienware x51 pc.

don't get alienware bro. you're paying more for a name. it will save you hundreds to just buy everything the alienware has off newegg.

#42 Posted by JoeJoeLaker (704 posts) -

Halo 4 looks like the best Halo since Halo 2, imo.

#43 Posted by ElPadilla (609 posts) -

I hope i'm not the only one who notices that halo is being ruined by 343. They are makeing everything suck. Like the weapon customization, the instant respawn, and a lot more. although i don't mind the armor customization but they are making it EXACTLY like call of dutyleathaltaco

Halo was ruined by Bungie long before 343 got their hands on it.

#44 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I'll have to play it before I can make any serious judgements.

#46 Posted by wizdom (10109 posts) -
[QUOTE="leathaltaco"]I hope i'm not the only one who notices that halo is being ruined by 343. They are makeing everything suck. Like the weapon customization, the instant respawn, and a lot more. although i dont mind the armor customization but they are making it EXACTLY like call of duty

How can you say they are ruining it when you havent even played it yet? Im sorry your opinion is incredible flawed, wait until the game came out and you know you freaking played it before making silly topics like this.
#47 Posted by SexyPorkins (1222 posts) -
[QUOTE="leathaltaco"]I hope i'm not the only one who notices that halo is being ruined by 343. They are makeing everything suck. Like the weapon customization, the instant respawn, and a lot more. although i don't mind the armor customization but they are making it EXACTLY like call of duty

Oh no! Not change! Let's just release the same game that we did a decade ago!!!
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
#48 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3100 posts) -

The franchise went down hill after "Halo 2".. I waited years for ''Halo 3", only to be dissapointed

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
#49 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (733 posts) -
halo was ruined with reach... I will give halo one more shot for all the enjoyment i had for YEARS with halo 1-2-3-odstk2theswiss
Reach was 10 times better than Halo 3. Just my opinion though.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
#50 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1651 posts) -

Well would you look at that. Someone else out there that can actually see the truth. Yes 343 Insudtries is breaking Halo. They had such potential. While I am still getting Halo 4 it is the last Xbox 360 I am getting period. Thanks to 343 not wanting some stores to do pre-orders for Limited Edition I have to drive 2 hours to pick up the game then 2 more hours to get back. Kill cams suck, Instant Respawn....meh dont have to watch teabbaggers. Custom Loadouts, (COD) No Firefight uhg), BR (Bad Rifle). $100 says a few months after the Map packs have been out for Halo 4 they do what they did on Reach and remove all the freaking DLC playlists. 343 just wants money there is no quality in MATCHMAKING. Yah Campaign, Forge, and Spartan Ops looks amazing. But Matchmaking wise its complete and utter garbage. I played it abit at E3 and Halo Fest. It is absolutly NOT HALO. Doesnt feel right at all.