2 expansions confirmed for Forza Horizon 4, included in Ultimate edition this time

#1 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10092 posts) -

Great news reported by several outlets, also verified in the Xbox One store itself.... Unlike Forza Horizon 3, the Ultimate edition of Forza Horizon 4 will include 2 expansion packs to be released later in December 2018 and the 'First half of 2019".

FH3's ultimate edition only included the Car pass and other miscellaneous items, but it did not give you access to Blizzard Mountain or the Hot Wheels expansions. I remember some people did not appreciate that because you would think that getting the "Ultimate Edition" would give you access to the expansion packs as well.

Personally I did not mind simply because the base FH3 game was well worth it for me, but it definitely makes more sense the way they are doing it now with FH4, I just want the quality to remain the same, I don't want to see a drop just because they are offering a better deal now. It's also nice to see the store description for both, it states :

"This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, gameplay"

Maybe one of the expansions could be in Japan, would be cool considering the rumors we had about FH4. Anyways, this is fantastic news and I cannot wait to get my hands on this game.

#2 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18705 posts) -

Awesome... I'll probably be getting the game through Game Pass, so I'll just buy the expansions separately.

#3 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10092 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: sounds good, nice to have different options and I believe you get a discount of 10% off DLC purchases when you are a Gamepass subscriber.

Personally I am just excited this game is getting 2 expansions....anything related to Forza Horizon, I'm getting it. I just figured I would talk about the pricing schemes as well considering some of the changes they made compared to FH3.

#4 Posted by iambatman7986 (2764 posts) -

Good stuff. My most hyped game right beside RDR2 and Devil May Cry 5.

#5 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18705 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

@hrt_rulz01: sounds good, nice to have different options and I believe you get a discount of 10% off DLC purchases when you are a Gamepass subscriber.

Personally I am just excited this game is getting 2 expansions....anything related to Forza Horizon, I'm getting it. I just figured I would talk about the pricing schemes as well considering some of the changes they made compared to FH3.

Absolutely :)

#6 Posted by firedrakes (1936 posts) -

i did not know this. so it does this time make it worth the 99

#7 Posted by Paxelo (8 posts) -

Nice, I can't wait

#8 Posted by I_P_Daily (11438 posts) -

Just the standard edition for me, I will buy the DLC later on.