This topic is locked from further discussion.

nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 nascar1
Member since 2005 • 2763 Posts

to anyone that has bought the 120 hdd and transferred data from their original 20 gig hdd:

1- did the transfer go smoothly?
2- how long did it take (with what you had to transfer)?
3- can you play your arcade games without having to be online?
4- are you content with the upgrade...worth it?

i want more space and i'm very interested in the 120 hdd, if there's a good chance i can successfully transfer my existing data over onto it without conditions...

thanks

nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nascar1
doing the bump
Dr_Zeduto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dr_Zeduto
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
I've actually been wondering this myself, as long as my profile and arcade games can get transferred to the new hard-drive smoothly, I'd really like to have that 120GB hard-drive.
184him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 184him
Member since 2006 • 419 Posts
I have been wondering this about that... if you have multiple profiles that have each downloaded stuff, can each profile still use the stuff that the other has downloaded?
ghost5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 ghost5891
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts

1- did the transfer go smoothly? YES
2- how long did it take (with what you had to transfer)?IT TOOK ME AN HOUR AND 11 MINUTES TO TRANSFER 10 GIGS OF STUFF
3- can you play your arcade games without having to be online? YES
4- are you content with the upgrade...worth it? SO FAR...I'VE ONLY HAD IT A WEEK BUT I'M STILL HAPPY I HAVE IT

nascar1
nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nascar1

sweet thanks for the response...i just talked to MS customer support and it appears to be better to do a data transfer from the orig. 20 gig hdd to the 120 gig hdd (sold separately) then to do the data transfer to, lets say the elite (w/120 hdd) ?

simply because the data will be used on the system with the same serial number in which it was downloaded...but you can still do the "one time" data transfer to the elite or do a gamertag recovery on another system (but the conditions are you'll have to be online to play your prior arcade games or to use your d/l content for other games.

i'm going to give it a try...and when the core system gets a price drop i'll buy oneuse my current 20 gig hdd (which will be formatted after the data transfer) for it as a second 360 system...confused, me too (but i'm feeling pretty good about it)

thanks

adams_73717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 adams_73717
Member since 2004 • 1660 Posts
[QUOTE="nascar1"]

to anyone that has bought the 120 hdd and transferred data from their original 20 gig hdd:

1- did the transfer go smoothly? Yes
2- how long did it take (with what you had to transfer)? It took me about an hour and 30min with 12gb
3- can you play your arcade games without having to be online? yes. as long as your using it on the xbox360 that came with your 20gb. if you put your drive on a different xbox: no
4- are you content with the upgrade...worth it? yes. i have had it since it came out. and i have 100gb left. its worth a buy. bc i buy a lot of xbla games and i download a lot of videos and demos