WiiBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiBaller
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts

I was thinking about getting a Xbox, and I was just wondering if it would be possible to hook it up using a wireless modem, because my computer and where i would put it are very far away, making a corded connection hard. Thanks in advance for any help.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
I think theres only wireless for the xbox360
Cityboi415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cityboi415
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
You have to buy a Wireless Network Adapter. You can find them in Bestbuy, target, and walmart etc. they look like this http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessnetadapter/default.htm
Cityboi415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cityboi415
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I think theres only wireless for the xbox360MrLions
I dont understand, theres only wireless for the xbox360?
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

[QUOTE="MrLions"]I think theres only wireless for the xbox360Cityboi415
I dont understand, theres only wireless for the xbox360?

Yes, as in that item you linked is for the X360 and not the for the Original Xbox

TC, if you have a laptop with a wireless card, you can always brige your coonection to the Xbox with a cross over network cable.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Yes they did make a Wireless adapter for the Xbox. I really doubt you'll find it in ANY stores however. Try your used game stores, then amazon.com and ebay. It's black and ALOT larger than the wireless adapter for the Xbox360.

p.s. they used to have a link to a picture of it on xbox.com, but they recently changed the website.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Yes they did make a Wireless adapter for the Xbox. I really doubt you'll find it in ANY stores however. Try your used game stores, then amazon.com and ebay. It's black and ALOT larger than the wireless adapter for the Xbox360.

p.s. they used to have a link to a picture of it on xbox.com, but they recently changed the website.

Talldude80

Perhaps you mean this one? http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xboxwirelessadapter/

There are other, more expensive ways as well should you not be able to find one of those suckers.

PowerOfSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 PowerOfSoul
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
Yeah. That is the original X-Box Wireless adapter. It cost about the same as the one for X360 too.
WiiBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WiiBaller
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
Wow, mega exspensive.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

There was an "official" wireless option for the original Xbox that MS suggested, but there are other options as well which are just as good and cheaper.

I use the Linksys WGA11B. Got it cheap on Ebay. I actually use it for both my Xbox and my PS2 through a system selector without any problems at all. The speed is faster then an internet connection so it is more then enough to handle XBL games.

There is also the Linksys WGA54G. This one is still in stock at some online stores and is a bit faster. The extra speed would be nice if you decided to use it for anything else to do local networking with.