tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Black for the original xbox is a must buy for anyone, even if they have sigma or the orignal!
Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
What he said.
kingdomarbiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#4 kingdomarbiter
Member since 2005 • 5239 Posts
it's really hard and therefore frustrating but it's a great game once u get the ropes
Avatar image for PerfectParadox1
PerfectParadox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 PerfectParadox1
Member since 2006 • 1506 Posts
buy it but in my opinion good game
Clippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Clippi
Member since 2006 • 399 Posts

Hardest game i've ever finished on hard. I was damn proud when I finished it though

some frustrating bosses aswell.

Easily a 10/10

Cedric169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Cedric169
Member since 2005 • 2138 Posts
is a great game...buy it
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#8 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
For an Xbox owner to not have Ninja Gaiden, that person is missing a REALLY great game. Get it it's cheap now.
SeamonkyNG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 SeamonkyNG
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Ninja Gaiden is one of the best Xbox games out there. If you like Ninja's, Sexyness, and Competition, then this game is definitly for you. :)
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

I borrowed it from a friend, and I've been trying it... Be warned: You will die. A lot.

But it's one of those classics, I guess. Kind of like having an Nintendo 64 without the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts
a good but very hard game
dan_plus_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 dan_plus_o
Member since 2003 • 2240 Posts
Hell yeah!! My of my favorite games.
henri1960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 henri1960
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
that's one of the best game i ever played
robonator3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 robonator3001
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
Its a great game but its very hard. I cant get pass the first boss lol
nghtcrwlr821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15 nghtcrwlr821
Member since 2004 • 1217 Posts
It was fun but I considered it to be a little overrated. I got more frustration than excitment out of it. I did manage to finish the game though.
toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#16 toolzz360
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Ninja Gaiden and Ng Black are must buys plus they can be found very cheap now i bought ninja gaiden for 12.99 a month ago
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts
The game is kind of a two face if you ask me. When you hacking and slashing stuff you have a pretty good time. But tack on some frustrating platform jumping and annoying adventure elements and you get a pretty mum action game. Also the last part of the game gets pretty tedious. It's weird how the enemies usually get tougher and cooler but near the end you biggest foe are... ghost fish (yes it's as ridiculous as it sounds), which are not fun to fight at all. Cast magic let them run into you rinse repeat.
GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts
I loved it on Normal mode...Hard mode's just frustrating at some point. :P
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

seriously, you have to be joking? You ask a question like this about a game that scored a 9.4????

of course the game is VERY GOOD. It is arguably the BEST xbox game you can get. There might be a few people that are turned off by the level of difficulty (even on normal), but come on, that would still not make the game bad.

You just asked the forum, because you are too lazy to look up the score on Gamespot and then rent the game.

I would say just go buy it, you shouldn't be disappointed.

the_zero_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_zero_one
Member since 2004 • 149 Posts
best game on the box bar a sheer mile yes it is bastard hard but its worth it. seriously. beat this on hard or master ninja and you are officially a don, god, or any overlord you choose. but yes you will die a load especially on the first boss. took me a week to get him. my advice is to get in get out and then bugger off. and theres a potion in the back of the room in a jar. ONE LOVE
HiredGunMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HiredGunMan
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm still playing the game and haven't passed it. It's a great game and IMO, a must buy!:D
brkr12002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 brkr12002
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
i'd buy it again. Sometime frustrating especially when reenteringa room and having to kill the same enemies again.
ShadowFFVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 ShadowFFVI
Member since 2004 • 378 Posts
I wouldn't call it a must buy...its a very solid action game which your actually likely to get bored of because of the difficulty level IMO
Nagalux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nagalux
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
I'm playing it now for the first time and i like it. I have not gotten very far but it is a cool game. If you like ninjas you should get it;)
exquixotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 exquixotic
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
Strange that people have absolutely no qualms about recommending this game ... although it is quite beautiful and the fight system is exquisite, this game is brutal!! I started it two years ago, had my ass kicked for weeks, made it up to Alma and after days of trying gave up. A friend of mine who I lent the game to gave it back after two days and just said "they forgot to put the fun in that f**king game." At times it is really really really NOT FUN. And then you get past whatever it was and you get to utilize Ryu's great fighting skills again. I finally bought Black and am playing the game on Ninja Dog ... finally getting through the thing. Maybe you think I should be embarassed about that, but this game is so hard it is almost constantly in danger of being thrown in the trash in a flurry of curses and rage. I feel like Homer Simpson pulling the rotting sandwich back out of the trash and saying, "oh you, I can't stay mad at you." If that sounds like the kind of experience you're looking for, jump in.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muthsera666

Strange that people have absolutely no qualms about recommending this game ... although it is quite beautiful and the fight system is exquisite, this game is brutal!! I started it two years ago, had my ass kicked for weeks, made it up to Alma and after days of trying gave up. A friend of mine who I lent the game to gave it back after two days and just said "they forgot to put the fun in that f**king game." At times it is really really really NOT FUN. And then you get past whatever it was and you get to utilize Ryu's great fighting skills again. I finally bought Black and am playing the game on Ninja Dog ... finally getting through the thing. Maybe you think I should be embarassed about that, but this game is so hard it is almost constantly in danger of being thrown in the trash in a flurry of curses and rage. I feel like Homer Simpson pulling the rotting sandwich back out of the trash and saying, "oh you, I can't stay mad at you." If that sounds like the kind of experience you're looking for, jump in. exquixotic

I agree. I started it on Normal, I think. Aned my goal was to make it past the first boss without having to use the Amulet of Rebirth. I'm still working on that. Though I did once make it to the samurai horseman boss...

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

[QUOTE="exquixotic"]Strange that people have absolutely no qualms about recommending this game ... although it is quite beautiful and the fight system is exquisite, this game is brutal!! I started it two years ago, had my ass kicked for weeks, made it up to Alma and after days of trying gave up. A friend of mine who I lent the game to gave it back after two days and just said "they forgot to put the fun in that f**king game." At times it is really really really NOT FUN. And then you get past whatever it was and you get to utilize Ryu's great fighting skills again. I finally bought Black and am playing the game on Ninja Dog ... finally getting through the thing. Maybe you think I should be embarassed about that, but this game is so hard it is almost constantly in danger of being thrown in the trash in a flurry of curses and rage. I feel like Homer Simpson pulling the rotting sandwich back out of the trash and saying, "oh you, I can't stay mad at you." If that sounds like the kind of experience you're looking for, jump in. muthsera666

I agree. I started it on Normal, I think. Aned my goal was to make it past the first boss without having to use the Amulet of Rebirth. I'm still working on that. Though I did once make it to the samurai horseman boss...

You guys are making this game out to be harder than it really is. You can beat the first boss just by doing a jump off the wall and slashing. Got to time it right. You won't get hit once. That also works with the Samurai Horseman.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]

[QUOTE="exquixotic"]Strange that people have absolutely no qualms about recommending this game ... although it is quite beautiful and the fight system is exquisite, this game is brutal!! I started it two years ago, had my ass kicked for weeks, made it up to Alma and after days of trying gave up. A friend of mine who I lent the game to gave it back after two days and just said "they forgot to put the fun in that f**king game." At times it is really really really NOT FUN. And then you get past whatever it was and you get to utilize Ryu's great fighting skills again. I finally bought Black and am playing the game on Ninja Dog ... finally getting through the thing. Maybe you think I should be embarassed about that, but this game is so hard it is almost constantly in danger of being thrown in the trash in a flurry of curses and rage. I feel like Homer Simpson pulling the rotting sandwich back out of the trash and saying, "oh you, I can't stay mad at you." If that sounds like the kind of experience you're looking for, jump in. GodLovesDead

You guys are making this game out to be harder than it really is. You can beat the first boss just by doing a jump off the wall and slashing. Got to time it right. You won't get hit once. That also works with the Samurai Horseman.

No, I'm stating how hard it was for me. I don't know how hard it is for everyone else. I have a very difficult time with games that require skilled and timed manipulations. So, this game is very difficult for me. No exaggerations needed.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="muthsera666"]

[QUOTE="exquixotic"]Strange that people have absolutely no qualms about recommending this game ... although it is quite beautiful and the fight system is exquisite, this game is brutal!! I started it two years ago, had my ass kicked for weeks, made it up to Alma and after days of trying gave up. A friend of mine who I lent the game to gave it back after two days and just said "they forgot to put the fun in that f**king game." At times it is really really really NOT FUN. And then you get past whatever it was and you get to utilize Ryu's great fighting skills again. I finally bought Black and am playing the game on Ninja Dog ... finally getting through the thing. Maybe you think I should be embarassed about that, but this game is so hard it is almost constantly in danger of being thrown in the trash in a flurry of curses and rage. I feel like Homer Simpson pulling the rotting sandwich back out of the trash and saying, "oh you, I can't stay mad at you." If that sounds like the kind of experience you're looking for, jump in. muthsera666

No, I'm stating how hard it was for me. I don't know how hard it is for everyone else. I have a very difficult time with games that require skilled and timed manipulations. So, this game is very difficult for me. No exaggerations needed.

then you guys have bought the wrong game IMO. ok ninja gaiden is hard but NOT THAT hard. the difficulty level in the game is somewhat higher than others. If you dont like it, go play mario.

anyway to TC: you should buy it. best xbox game ever. cant wait for NG2

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="GodLovesDead"][QUOTE="muthsera666"]

[QUOTE="exquixotic"]Strange that people have absolutely no qualms about recommending this game ... although it is quite beautiful and the fight system is exquisite, this game is brutal!! I started it two years ago, had my ass kicked for weeks, made it up to Alma and after days of trying gave up. A friend of mine who I lent the game to gave it back after two days and just said "they forgot to put the fun in that f**king game." At times it is really really really NOT FUN. And then you get past whatever it was and you get to utilize Ryu's great fighting skills again. I finally bought Black and am playing the game on Ninja Dog ... finally getting through the thing. Maybe you think I should be embarassed about that, but this game is so hard it is almost constantly in danger of being thrown in the trash in a flurry of curses and rage. I feel like Homer Simpson pulling the rotting sandwich back out of the trash and saying, "oh you, I can't stay mad at you." If that sounds like the kind of experience you're looking for, jump in. killerfist

then you guys have bought the wrong game IMO. ok ninja gaiden is hard but NOT THAT hard. the difficulty level in the game is somewhat higher than others. If you dont like it, go play mario.

anyway to TC: you should buy it. best xbox game ever. cant wait for NG2

Whoa, chill down. No need to get defensive. Maybe I do have the wrong game. And it is that hard, if it is that hard. You saying it isn't hard doesn't make it less hard for me, okay? And I believe that I did pretty much say that it was harder than most games. I didn't say I didn't like it, though I do get upset with the continual failure.

Besides, what Mario games can you get on Xbox?

exquixotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 exquixotic
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts
sheesh ... look it is a tough game and a lot of serious gamers have walked away from it. How long did it take you to figure out the jumping off the wall thing with the first boss? And how did you feel when he first grabbed you while you were blocking and starting beating you on the head and there was nothing you could do. Yes, all games can be beaten ... but just because you're a golden game god doesn't mean that the majority of people are not going to have a tough time with this one. I reiterate: it is the challenge of this game (aside from its beautiful graphics and machinery) that makes it so satisfying ... and equally frustrating and despicable. It is a classic love / hate thing ... and, hey, I don't think the only option is Mario and that's exactly what this is all about ... other, possibly better choices for people who don't want to have a heart attack.
Ganodon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ganodon44
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
Yes its a very good game.. its just reaaaally hard
SolidSnaku401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidSnaku401
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
Yes defniitely buy
EskimoJoe33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EskimoJoe33
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
its neither good or bad...its great
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
The game is so good its still a must buy even with its challenging difficulty. Hell, I have a hard time getting past the first few levels but I love it so much. Yeah its hard but its not cheap though, it just rewards you as you developing your skill at it. Definitely a must have, more so than Halo!
dirty01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dirty01
Member since 2007 • 261 Posts
That game is the bomb and will never get old, get it.
TheMotherBrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheMotherBrain
Member since 2007 • 284 Posts

I have the original Ninja Gaiden, and it's still awesome. Buy either version of the game, either way you're going to get a great experience.