Do you feel like you're playing in a desert when playing your Xbox?

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
Since most people have jumped to the 360, whenever I play it's like I feel no one elses is playing it, and I'm just sitting there all alone. Do you guys feel this? I'll be playing Rallisport 2 or Dead to Rights just to think no one else is playing it. Like walking into a ghost or something. Sheesh.
coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts
not really
Azteroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Azteroid
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
No, it's not extremely hot and I dont believe I am dying of thirst?....
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I think I know what you mean. Playing an outdated system when everyone has moved on. But in a few months you'll feel normal again when most of everyone has a next-gen system. I really just miss the N64 and PS days.
dwilson65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dwilson65
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts
What?
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Who?
ChipsDubbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChipsDubbo
Member since 2003 • 8393 Posts

Wait, so if you don't keep up with the current-gen systems, all of a sudden that makes you uncool and not like the rest or something? Don't succumb to that kind of social pressure. Play whatever you feel like playing.
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

I think I know what you mean. Playing an outdated system when everyone has moved on. But in a few months you'll feel normal again when most of everyone has a next-gen system. I really just miss the N64 and PS days.xTheExploited

Ya the n64 was the best.If I buy some used n64 games maybe it will bring back some memories.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I don't feel like I'm playing in a desert when I play my Gamecube, which is probably more obsolete than the Xbox now... heck, I still enjoy games on my GBC.
mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
Yea I kno exactly what you mean. its weird you almost feel lonely playing.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts
Yep the old Xbox has been forgotten these days I play Xbox 360 mostly these days. 42 of my old Xbox games work on Xbox 360 for the rest of the games that are not backward compatible. I can use the Xbox and when I turn it on a Tumbleweed goes rolling by, crickets start chirping...
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

no, i don't really game a lot, only really play battlefield. and find the $499 price of 360 to be a little high, so i'll gladly wait for it to drop (or atleast come out with a bundle i find worth the price)

if it was $399 like the yankee one, i'd probably have one. i don't understand why it's $100 more.

orinjharez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 orinjharez
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
Not at all.  I ALWAYS find matches online on the games I play.  And if you read some of the Xbox threads in here, you'll find that there are still a whole lot of people playing the original Xbox.
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
Well the fact that there's no more new games feels like I'm riding on a train that stopped running. Or I'm riding a parked car.
Morphumax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Morphumax
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts

Playing Halo 2 online might get rid of that feeling! That's still a very "busy" place for the Xbox! 2 new maps, too. Of course, a lot of it has to do with a lot of people "moving on," but objectively speaking, this doesn't matter a whole bunch. With the Xbox being as cheap as it is, my friends and I still have excellent LAN nights with four of them, even though half of us own 360's. 

If you've got it in the back of your head to wait it out and get a newer console when the prices go down, more power to you. In the meantime, Xbox has a great catalog and the price of old games couldn't be better.  I tell people all the time that there's so many great Xbox titles out there that nobody could possibly have played them all. Until the Halo 3 beta came out, I spent about a month checking out old Xbox games that were backwards-compatible on my 360 . The fact that there are no new games might be a downer, but I suspect the Xbox is no desert yet!