Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

For me its got to be Soul Calibur 2, 

Real nice graphics, super smooth gameplay and fighting system/ controls,

Really good  multiplayer and relay value.

sound is good ; quotes like ' Pretentious Fool' from Mitsurugi crack me up and 'So you want me to knock you out'?

Some top charactors- Maxi, Kilik, Mitsurugi, Spawn, Necrid etc etc

Quality game.

master_blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#2 master_blue
Member since 2003 • 1791 Posts

Street Fighter anniversary simply because street fighter 2 and 3 are the funnest beat em ups.

But also worth a mention is Capcom vs SNK2 EO and Marvel Vs Capcom 2

absolute gems.

still_thinking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 still_thinking
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
mortal kombat shaolin monks
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It wasn't much fun, but it was a little entertaining in co-op.
Avatar image for baltimoreravens
baltimoreravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 baltimoreravens
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
The warriors, or GTAs if u count them
bendotmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 bendotmania
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
MK ARMAGEDDON
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fhoeiuwhdousah

GTA is no beat em up. I recently got Capcom vs Snk 2 and thought it was dissapointing, lots of charactors but the graphics are sketchy and controls are also. Not played armegedden but thought deception wasnt great, fighting system is too difficult (learning combos) and just wasnt a lot of fun to play felt blocky and charactors die and then stand up again wtf? Just not as smooth and playable as SC2 althouh the finishers and death traps are pretty cool.   

supersonic130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supersonic130
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
Soul Caliber was pretty decent but after a while I just got bored as there are many other xbox titles that provide better mulitplayer and single player
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fhoeiuwhdousah
There are definetly games that provide better mulitplayer and single player over soul caliber 2, But i dont think there are any beat em up games that do. Obviousley beat em ups are quite limited to what you can do and will never really have the depth of GTA or Halo but as far as the genre is concerned i think SC2 is the don, and for multiplayer you cant beat Extra Vs team battle 8 v 8 with a mate is pure jokes!
Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
What does Soul Calibur 2 have that DoA:U doesn't have. I'm not talking about the style or the fact that you fight with weapons in SC2 because that hardly matters in terms of gameplay, but what is it that makes SC2 better for you.

So far, the only fighting game I really like is Super Smash Brothers 64 (maybe the gamecube version is as good or better, but I haven't played it yet), because it is all about skill. If you are skilled, you win. Buttonmashers don't have a chance in this game what-so-ever. That's why I love it.

I was searching for a good fighting game for the xbox, so I got Dead or Alive Ultimate, but I didnt like it too much. The fights are way too fast and the skill seems to be about remembering combos rather than actual skill as you need it in SSB. You can counter in DoA:U, but the game is too fast for me so countering is more like a game of luck rather than skill.

I heard that SC2 gives button-mashers a pretty good chance too. So what's the point in getting better in this game? Where is the long-time motivation?

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, I just want to know what you like about that game, or other fighting games.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fhoeiuwhdousah

Ive not played DOA Ultimate but have played DOA 3 & 4 (360). And yes smash bros is a big game well enjoyed it.

Soul Caliber is a really good game you can pick it up and play and aftera  while you can master it and get to know how to link moves and improvise combos. Which makes it quite an even game for anyone whos playing (still somone who has played through the story will always have a big advantage moves wise and tacticley) Thats what makes it so good and also how fluid and responsive the controls are, no beat em up can match that part of the game, good charactors, weapons arenas the lot its just a great fun game from start to mastering it.

I had it first about 2 years ago and played it to death pretty much 100% plus would play multiplayer loads with mates, i did get a bit bored of it and traded it in for a new game.

Recently picked it up again and am well into it its hardley dated at all and the best bit has got to be the fluid moves and ease of pulliing stunning moves and combos. Anyones whos missed out on this game, bag a copy you wont regret it!

Also better charactors and style of game and weapons give more variety to gameplay.

danharr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danharr
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts
Bloodrayne as is defined by the industry as a "beat em up"  most of the games mentioned here are fighting games or 3 person action.
Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

OP, you're confused.  A beat-'em-up is an action game where you pound the living piss out of everything that moves, and you're generally surrounded by dumbass opponents who, while extremely stupid, have abilities that you don't (eg., Double Dragon's ducking goons - for anyone that can remember that far back).

Soul Calibur 2, however, is a fighting game, which is a one-on-one competition where you beat the crap out of each other, and it's purely versus.

Beat 'em Ups on the XBox:

TMNT

Beatdown: Fists of Vengeance

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Final Fight Streetwise

Spikeout Battlestreet

Dynasty Warriors 3

Samurai Warriors

If I'm missing anything, so be it, but these are the shining examples.

Of the beat-em-ups, Dynasty Warriors 5 is, so far, my favourite.

Of the fighting games, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fhoeiuwhdousah

I always thought beat em ups were like mortal kombat, tekken, soul caliber to me thats always going to be a beat em up game.. And what your describing as beat em ups to me are action/ adventure games/ scrolling fighting games or whatever like new gen versions of streets of rage and golden axe.

Im from UK so things are a lil different, its not really the point im getting at anyway. What is the best fighting game on xbox (beat em up) and why?

I dont get how it could be any 2-d fighter, they seem so basic and just retro novelitys to me. Soul Caliber is sooo far advanced from street fighter graphicley, technicley, the lot!

Also whats TMNT?

zabaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zabaes
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts
TMNT

Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles.
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Midway Arcade Treasures 2 comes with MK 2 and 3, both good fighting games, but MK 2 was better IMO.
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts

Hands down Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.  Everybody that has posted this game knows fully well that we aren't talking about Street Fighter II.  It's all about 3rd Strike, baby.

I can't put Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the list because it's impossible to find.

That being said, Soul Calibur 2 is an awesome game,  but I actually feel that 3rd strike is more skill based and a faster paced game.

Avatar image for baltimoreravens
baltimoreravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 baltimoreravens
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

GTA is no beat em up. I recently got Capcom vs Snk 2 and thought it was dissapointing, lots of charactors but the graphics are sketchy and controls are also. Not played armegedden but thought deception wasnt great, fighting system is too difficult (learning combos) and just wasnt a lot of fun to play felt blocky and charactors die and then stand up again wtf? Just not as smooth and playable as SC2 althouh the finishers and death traps are pretty cool.

fhoeiuwhdousah

GTAs are more like Beat em ups then ur Capcom vs Snk.  All of u ppl are talking about Fighting games, not beat em ups.
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fhoeiuwhdousah
Read all the posts eravens then you will see that to me a beat em up IS a fighting game! And GTA is something different,
zabaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zabaes
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts
Ultimate Spider-Man Is also a Genre. Beat-'Em-Up.  It's just not one of those big story-line games.
Woofie_kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Woofie_kun
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
Well, Lord of The Rings Return of the Kings rocks!!! As for fighting games.... I'd say King of Fighters Maximum Impact.
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fhoeiuwhdousah
King of fighters looks weak, Capcom vsSNK is actually not a bad game! Still SC2 is da best!
Woofie_kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Woofie_kun
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
KOF is amazing, the 3D graphics are so cool.... but then again I really really like KOF, even on the N-Gage
Pvt_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Pvt_Murphy
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
The genre of beat'em'ups died soem tiem ago. The old Ninja Gaiden was a beat'em'up for example.

It doesn't matter though, because we all know what was meant by the topic-creator as he gave examples.