CarlosMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 CarlosMind
Member since 2004 • 360 Posts

What was your big time moment when you saw something really great at WrestleMania?

Mines was when I saw for the first time (Mark Calloway) Undertaker, Mean Mark, The Master of Pain, The Punisher, the American Bad Ass, Cain the Undertaker, the Phenom, he's got alot of nicknames, but staying on the subject, when Undertaker defeated Gonzales "The Giant" by DQ at Wrestlemania IX.

What was yours?

AcolyteV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AcolyteV1
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
Mine personally has to be Wrestlermania 12 - HBK Shawn Michaels vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart for the WWF title.  I was a huge Shawn Michaels fan back then, and positively hated Bret XD.  That was just an absolutely awesome match, and is probably (although mostly thanks to the pull of nostalgia) one of my all time favourite matches.  I was 12 myself back then, and stopped up till 3am to watch it live on Sky Sports here in the UK... and man, when Michaels won it was just such a rush, especially with how it ended.  Simply awesome match up.
CarlosMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CarlosMind
Member since 2004 • 360 Posts

Mine personally has to be Wrestlermania 12 - HBK Shawn Michaels vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart for the WWF title.  I was a huge Shawn Michaels fan back then, and positively hated Bret XD.  That was just an absolutely awesome match, and is probably (although mostly thanks to the pull of nostalgia) one of my all time favourite matches.  I was 12 myself back then, and stopped up till 3am to watch it live on Sky Sports here in the UK... and man, when Michaels won it was just such a rush, especially with how it ended.  Simply awesome match up. AcolyteV1
Good memory. I loved that match too. I was a big fan of HBK Shawn Michaels and that match was freaking awesome.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Well, I could go on and on about this one, as there have been some truly great moments, but I'll go with one I'm especially fond of, even though it didn't quite go my way (and may surprise some):

The Ultimate Warrior defeats Hulk Hogan to win the WWF Title and retain the WWF Intercontinental Title.  Now say what you will about both men's ability to wrestle and how nuts the Ultimate Warrior is, but on this night, in the main event of Wrestlemania 6, these two men delivered an emotional roller coaster.  I remember, my older brother was behind the Warrior, I was a card-carrying Hulkamaniac watching as Hogan hulked up as he had so many times before and seemingly had the match won, only to have the Warrior disappear from under Hogan's Big Leg to land a splash on the stunned Hogan, and 3 seconds later, the undefeatable was defeated.  Then, Hogan, in a show of class, hands Warrior the WWF Title and raises his arm, because, on that night, Warrior was the better man.

Mine personally has to be Wrestlermania 12 - HBK Shawn Michaels vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart for the WWF title.  I was a huge Shawn Michaels fan back then, and positively hated Bret XD.  That was just an absolutely awesome match, and is probably (although mostly thanks to the pull of nostalgia) one of my all time favourite matches.  I was 12 myself back then, and stopped up till 3am to watch it live on Sky Sports here in the UK... and man, when Michaels won it was just such a rush, especially with how it ended.  Simply awesome match up. AcolyteV1
Rather funny you should mention that one, because I was the exact opposite.  I loved Bret Hart and legitimately hated Shawn Michaels (The Rockers should have dominated the world and Marty Jannetty is still better :P ).  To this day, I have never actually seen the Ironman match (at one time, out of protest, now because I can't find a tape) and would lose interest in wrestling, for a while, shortly after (After he beat the British Bulldog, I think).

Just a note, I did actually listen to most of the Ironman Match and the finish, through a scrambled PPV channel.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts

Well, I could go on and on about this one, as there have been some truly great moments, but I'll go with one I'm especially fond of, even though it didn't quite go my way (and may surprise some):

The Ultimate Warrior defeats Hulk Hogan to win the WWF Title and retain the WWF Intercontinental Title. Now say what you will about both men's ability to wrestle and how nuts the Ultimate Warrior is, but on this night, in the main event of Wrestlemania 6, these two men delivered an emotional roller coaster. I remember, my older brother was behind the Warrior, I was a card-carrying Hulkamaniac watching as Hogan hulked up as he had so many times before and seemingly had the match won, only to have the Warrior disappear from under Hogan's Big Leg to land a splash on the stunned Hogan, and 3 seconds later, the undefeatable was defeated. Then, Hogan, in a show of class, hands Warrior the WWF Title and raises his arm, because, on that night, Warrior was the better man.

The_Dude14

Holy hell... no way you just said that. That was the first WrestleMania I watched and I was a HUGE Hulkamaniac. I can remember that match and say it was the first of my WrestleMania moments, but it wasn't the biggest.

Mine was at WrestleMania X8. The showdown of all showdowns. Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock. Toronto was electric and for the first time in my life, I found myself rooting against Hulk Hogan, the man who I idolized as a child. When I first watched it live I thought it was the greatest match ever, but now that I have it on my computer I realize it wasn't as great as I thought. But to me, if that match was able to take me to another place then it goes to show how big of a moment it really was and that match will always be cemented in my mind as one of my top 3 favorites. If only Hogan had worn the yellow and red...
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

I have so many really but if I had to pull one out of the hat and make a memorable mention, it's got to revolve around Angle/Lesnar from WMXIX. To be a bit more specific, the "Big Time" moment from the match goes to the shocking Shooting Star Press smoothly performed by Lesnar from the buckle to Angle.

Although it didn't connect as well as it should have, it was a move which I thought was incredible to see done by a near 300lb heavyweight worker. I remember watching it live till about 6AM, and the moment he did it definitely snatched my attention and kept me wide awake to witness the rest of the match (which may I add is a classic in my opinion).

Avatar image for Biggestgeekever
Biggestgeekever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Biggestgeekever
Member since 2004 • 10520 Posts
My big time moment came around 16 years ago when my grandpa dragged me to WM 6, I remember how I cheered on Hogan during the Ultimate Challenge and how emotional I got. I was the first wrestling show I ever saw, and I've been hooked since.
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
A few off the top of my head, uhh....

All the TLC matches. So much stuff going on in those matches to even describe.
Benoit/Michaels/HHH was also a huge moment for me because when Benoit had that crossface in I was literally standing up.
Same with Jericho vs. Michaels.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I have good amount of fond memories from wrestlemania, however, one match stands out from the rest... and that match is The Rock vs. Steve Austin at wrestlemania 15. For whatever reason, this match is often over shadowed by their wrestlemania 17 match. Yeah, I know... the rest of the card was weak, for the most part, but still... that did not stop this match from being classic. On side note, I had watched wrestlemanias before this one, but this was the first in which I was able to watch it live, on pay-per-view.

At the time, I was huge Austin mark, while my older brother was huge Rock mark. The match may have not been technical showcase, but it was storytelling and emontion as its best. Also, to be more specific... the "big time" moment is when squence in which Austin moved out of the way for people's elbow (rock bottom special) and gave The Rock stunner for the 1-2-3. Why? Well, after Austin was down from rock bottom... and Rock was setting him up for the people's elbow (rock bottom special), I thought Austin had lost for sure... However, when he moved out of the way and was able to not only win the match out of nowhere, but finally regain the WWF/E championship... that was turly emotional and very happy moment indeed. 

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#10 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

The Wrestlemania moment that sticks in my mind most was Rock V Austin Wrestlemania 17. That match was amazing, well it was at the time, as i was still relatively ignorant about Professional Wrestling, and i was still somewhat new to it.

I just didn't know who would win, but i was sort of confused about Vince helping Austin. Still an awesome match though.

There are two other favorite moments i have as well. One was the 4-Way Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 2000 (WM 16) and the other was the Kane v Big Show v Raven match for the hardcore title (i'm not sure which WM that was at though, but i think it was Wrestlemania 17.

I have a lot more, but those are my favorite Wrestlemania matches.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
I have to go with the moment that really is WM.  WM 3 Hulk Hogan bodyslams Andre the giant.  That fued and match truly brought wrestling into the spotlight.
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
21 was the first one I saw when it aired, the rest I got on DVD.  Kane's entrance, destroying the ladders, was my big time moment.  And IIRC, one of us was at WM21, cannot remember who, LU4R?
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I would say last years Money In The Bank match with Shelton doing all those crazy moves. I would also add Hulk Hogan vs The Rock and Lesnar vs Kurt.
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

I have 3

#1: Wrestlemania 21: Hulk Hogan returns. Maybe it wasn't great for you, but I had never seen Hogan live. Or at least, never in WWE (I saw him in WCW, and when that closed down, I stopped watching wrestling until WMXX for some reason.) That was awesome.

#2: Actually, this is probably quite a few, but almost all of the off-the-ladder moves in any of the WM TLC matches, especially Edge's spear on Jeff Hardy when Jeff was grabbing the belt.

#3: Benoit finally wins the big one at WMXX: I never really counted Benoit's WCW Championship reign for two reasons. #1: I knew WCW was only giving him the title to make him happy, and #2: Well, if you watch the match, Sid's boot is under the rope when he tapped. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure Arn Anderson was the ref. I'm not sure, but I think with Benoit being an honorary "Horseman" before WCW stopped it, I think some fans (including myself) got the impression that Anderson was helping Benoit by not even checking the ropes.

Anyway, when Benoit won that Triple Threat, I was jumping around (broke a lamp), and I was cashing in on a bet I made with my brother. Wow, my favorite guy won, and I got 50 dollars. Sweet.

ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts

Edit by hbk91; don't just blank quote.

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dRehkJY
Who was it that went to WM21 last year?  Was it LU4R?  I saw his sign :P
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
Who was it that went to WM21 last year?  Was it LU4R?  I saw his sign :P dRehkJY
It was L3M.
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dRehkJY
[QUOTE="dRehkJY"]Who was it that went to WM21 last year? Was it LU4R? I saw his sign :P hbk91
It was L3M.

My mistake, thanks
Avatar image for MetalDragonKing
MetalDragonKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MetalDragonKing
Member since 2005 • 3938 Posts
A WrestleMania Big Time Moment for me would have to be when Stone Cold won the WWF title from HBK at WM 14, I remember seeing HBK go for the Sweet Chin Music(Superkick) and Austin reversing it and hitting his Stone Cold Stunner. I thought for sure that when Tyson got in the ring that he would hit Stone Cold, but he instead he counted the 1, 2, 3, giving Austin the win.