WWEv Weekly Wrestling Show Thread - WEEK 31, 2012 (JUL 29-AUG 4)

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

RAW2012Header.png

20120730_LIGHT_raw_punkAJ_L.jpg

CM Punk left the WWE Universe in shock on Raw 1,000 when he attacked The Rock, flooring The Great One with a clothesline and leaving him strewn about the mat after a punishing Go to Sleep. Punk's been on radio silence since then, but will The Voice of the Voiceless give light to his actions on Raw this week?

---------------------------------------------------------

WWEvWeekly-WWESuperstars.png

20120801_ss_layla_natalya_L.jpg

On the new "WWE Superstars," Divas Champion Layla squares off with the always aggressive Natalya. Plus, Tyson Kidd battles Heath Slater and high-flying Justin Gabriel has his hands full with Cody Rhodes. Watch the full episode online now!

WWEvWeekly-TNAImpactWrestling.png

0e1a367cb026bf0b666d2ad4ca3.jpg

IMPACT fans barely had time to pack the house before an all-out four man brawl erupted outside the ring. World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries and his partner Kenny King squared off against Bobby Roode and X Division Champion Zema Ion in the evenings first match. Roode and Ion may have ignited the powder keg early, but Aries and King emerged victorious after a devastating spinning slam and pin from King against Zema Ion.

Interim General Manager Sting presented damning video evidence to the crowd against James Storm for the Cowboys involvement in last Thursdays Aces and Eights beatings. Storm defended himself against the accusations from both Sting and Kurt Angle, who had been attacked twice by the gang, setting the stage for a main event with serious implications.

Bully Ray held off the wildly energetic Robbie E and his bodyguard Robbie T for a win by pinfall and seven points toward the Bound for Glory Series.

With reigning World Champion Miss Tessmacher commentating, Tara, Madison Rayne, Gail Kim and Mickie James competed in a free-for-all match to determine the number one Knockout contender at Hardcore Justice. For the second straight week, Madison Rayne appeared to be pinned, but was given the win after referee Earl Hebner, the object of her affection, made a questionable call.

Chavo Guerrero, Jr., made his IMPACT in-ring debut against Kid Kash and did not disappoint. Guerrero claimed an impressive first victory after two tribute moves to his late uncle, Eddie Guerrero. Three straight body slams and a Frog Splash from the ropes later, Guerrero pinned the exhausted Kid Kash.

In AJ Styles absence, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian took to the ring, not to antagonize, but rather to throw a baby shower for Styles supposed mistress. Diapers were gifted and Appletinis were enjoyed by all.

In the evenings much anticipated main event, a slew of IMPACTs finest superstars came out to guard the ring against the Aces and Eights while Kurt Angle and James Storm competed for BFG Series points. A jaw-crushing Last Call Super Kick won Storm seven points toward the BFG Series and the outright series lead, but suspicion continued to mount as the Aces and Eights gang never emerged to face the IMPACT superstars.

Is the Cowboy James Storm really behind the Aces and Eights gang? Who will move one step closer toward being the number one contender at Bound for Glory? Find out next week on an all-new IMPACT WRESTLING only on Spike!

WWEvWeekly-WWESmackDown.png

20120803_LARGE_SD_orton_del.jpg

After two months away, Randy Orton returned to SmackDown and defeated Alberto Del Rio, and brawling World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus had his hands full with the powerhouse known as Tensai.

WWEvWeekly-ROHWrestling.png

VIDEO PREVIEW

This week on Ring of Honor Wrestling--"the Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis faces wrestling legend Lance Storm in their final encounter! Each man has one victory over the other--WHO will be stretched past their breaking point in this rubber match? It's Bennett's ego vs. Storm's self respect!

What'll CM Punk have to say after his actions at the end of RAW 1,000? Will there be a new General Manager of SmackDown? Angle vs. Storm, the guy that Roode pinpointed as the leader of The Aces & 8s. Is Storm really the leader, or is it another one of Roode's ploys? Also, the Knockuts battle for a shot at their title.

Discuss all this week's shows in this thread.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
Raw goes to three hours regularly starting tomorrow. I'll probably fall asleep around the same time between 10:20 and 10:45 then wake up to catch the main event.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
Get hype.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Just so you guys know, Punk is opening Raw tonight.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TruthTellers
Yes! The return of tweener Punk.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TruthTellers
Has everybody forgotten that Raw starts at 8 now? This thread is more dead than Ted Williams' head.
AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 AndyWilliams24
Member since 2005 • 7291 Posts

Punk tried so hard to get heel heat, but the fans just weren't having any of it.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
So apparently a 3-hour raw just means an extra hour of recaps. Woo!
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

Punk tried so hard to get heel heat, but the fans just weren't having any of it.

AndyWilliams24
Telling Jerry Lawler he's a horrible commentator wouldn't piss anyone off.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Tensai got a jobber entrance and Tyson Kidd got a full entrance? Huh.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TruthTellers
I fell asleep again right when I said I would. Does WWE just suck between 10:15 and 10:30 or am I just tired?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897

I fell asleep again right when I said I would. Does WWE just suck between 10:15 and 10:30 or am I just tired?TruthTellers

That's typically the time for the divas match or some other filler (Tensai/Kidd in this case) so it's not surprising.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TruthTellers
Oh sh*t. Did anybody else hear what Kane said? "I'm your anger management therapist." Is WWE actually going to go through with the Bryan-Sheen match at SummerSlam? Oh gawd... they better not. I think I'm just gonna go back to sleep.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897

"I'm your anger management therapist." Is WWE actually going to go through with the Bryan-Sheen match at SummerSlam? Oh gawd... they better not. TruthTellers

They've talked about Charlie Sheen a few times tonight. They're at least teasing it. At this point I just hope it's Kane/Bryan.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897
lol King seems legitimately uncomfortable with how much Punk is ripping on his commentating
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TruthTellers
lol King seems legitimately uncomfortable with how much Punk is ripping on his commentatingJML897
Good. Jerry Lawler brings nothing new to the table (no pun intended). At least Cole tried, and failed with the heel commentator angle. I think Lawler's just playing it safe until he can retire in a few years.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Razor-Lazor
The current plan right now is to have Cena-Punk at SummerSlam, with Lawler attacking Punk, and when Cena is angry at Lawler for costing him the match with a DQ, Lawler turns heel and attacks Cena, too. Lawler goes on to win the WWE Title at the next PPV, where a year-long run with the title is planned.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JML897
"I DON'T CARE, YOU'RE A BAD GM YOU'RE CRAZY" :lol: Seriously though, Punk's kinda right. AJ is not a good authority figure. She delivered her match announcements tonight like she was just reading off a cuecard; she didn't have the same type of "oomph" behind her delivery as Vince/Johnny/Steph/Teddy/etc did when they were authority figures. Maybe she'll get better but not a very good night for her imo
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TruthTellers
The current plan right now is to have Cena-Punk at SummerSlam, with Lawler attacking Punk, and when Cena is angry at Lawler for costing him the match with a DQ, Lawler turns heel and attacks Cena, too. Lawler goes on to win the WWE Title at the next PPV, where a year-long run with the title is planned.Razor-Lazor
Lawler should have won the title a few years ago in that ladder match he had with The Miz. The crowd was wild for King that night but WWE just wouldn't take that chance instead wanting to push an under-performing failed reality tv star over a professional wrestler with 30+ years experience. I know King was/is old, but to put the title on him for a week or even a month wouldn't have hurt.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chicago_Nut

"I DON'T CARE, YOU'RE A BAD GM YOU'RE CRAZY" :lol: Seriously though, Punk's kinda right. AJ is not a good authority figure. She delivered her match announcements tonight like she was just reading off a cuecard; she didn't have the same type of "oomph" behind her delivery as Vince/Johnny/Steph/Teddy/etc did when they were authority figures. Maybe she'll get better but not a very good night for her imoJML897
I find her really arrogant and condescending. It's annoying.

But maybe it's because she's going against my two favorites, Punk and Bryan.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Razor-Lazor
Lawler should have won the title a few years ago in that ladder match he had with The Miz. The crowd was wild for King that night but WWE just wouldn't take that chance instead wanting to push an under-performing failed reality tv star over a professional wrestler with 30+ years experience. I know King was/is old, but to put the title on him for a week or even a month wouldn't have hurt.TruthTellers
It wouldn't have hurt Lawler (maybe), but it would've hurt all of Miz's credibility and the value of the title. Plus, it got Miz some good heat.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TruthTellers
I'll agree w/ JML that it sounded like AJ was reading lines, but it's her first day on the job. Cut her some slack. However, I found it interesting that her name is AJ Lee now. It's a more official name, so does this mean we won't be seeing AJ in the ring for a while? Why is it that WWE buries their good female talent like Beth, Natayla, and the now future endeavored Kharma, yet pushes awful talent like Kelly Kelly, Eve, and Alicia Fox to win the divas title? I swear to it that WWE signs great female wrestlers like Beth, Natayla, Kharma, AJ not to use them, but to make sure they can't use their skills elsewhere; that elsewhere being TNA.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TruthTellers
I was pleasently surprised to see Randy Orton return tonight. I'm not much of a fan of his, but his unexpected comeback was awesome. The crowd loved it, he loved it, Slater... jobbed again. Vicki needs to look into wearing something called a bra. What a bra does is it supports breasts and keeps them from flapping around all over the place. Will anybody here agree that she has a great body for someone her age? Punk should be a permanent addition to the Raw commentating team. "Cinncinatti's on fire tonight." LOL. Was anybody offended by AW's comment: "He's like Kobe in a Colorado hotel, he's unstoppable." PTP is gonna job on NXT for the next 2 months now thanks to him. Therefore, Titus and Young should kick his ass because AW can't just say what he wants out there even though it was hilarious. Being given a mic for so long is too much power for AW and we all know that with great power comes great responsibility.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chicago_Nut

AW's comment is gonna be taken out of context by 99% of viewers, only because the word Colorado was involved.

Funny how a rape joke is far less offensive. 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JML897
AW's rape joke has been getting some press today, not a good sign at all for his future.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Razor-Lazor
I hope AJ as GM does not turn out like this did.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
what y'all think of DB's new direction of being a complete nutcase? i think it's hilarious