WWEv Weekly 2008 - RAW, ECW, iMPACT!, SmackDown: WEEK 8 (No Way Out SPOILERS)

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

Outrage in a Cage

February 18, 2008

For anyone with a sense of family - or decency - having to watch a distraught Finlay carry Hornswoggle's tiny, unmoving body from the ring Monday night must have left them with icy chills and a sad, sick feeling in the pit of their stomach.

A week prior, a humiliated Mr. McMahon arranged a Steel Cage Match with his bastard son after losing to Hornswoggle in a No Disqualification Match. In that bout, Finlay had intervened on behalf of his lucky charm despite threats by the Chairman that he would be fired if he did.

This week, Mr. McMahon ensured solitude for him and his bastard son and dished out the most brutal form of "tough love," thanks to the confines of the steel cage and of all people, JBL. With despair haunting in his eyes, Finlay could only plead in vain to end the cruelty.

But JBL stomped his boot down on the Irishman's plan, attacking him and handcuffing him to the ring ropes. The Lonestar Loudmouth then lumbered into the cage, where he rammed Hornswoggle against the unforgiving steel. The brutality proved so great that even Mr. McMahon was take aback.

Only after the Chairman and JBL had moved from the ring, did Finlay, in a moving display of compassion, free himself and carry his fallen friend to the locker room, where Hornswoggle was evaluated with head trauma and internal injuries (WWE.com will have more updates on his condition as they become available). PHOTOS | WATCH

Bank Shot

The night after nearly winning in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out, Jeff Hardy flew into Raw to prove that he is far from grounded. The "Rainbow-haired Warrior" conquered the yuck-mouthed ogre, Snitsky, to qualify for this year's Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania. PHOTOS | WATCH

Hall Monitor

Shawn Michaels did the honors as he announced that Ric Flair will become the first member of the WWE Hall of Fame clas-s of 2008. The Nature Boy also becomes the first active competitor to be inducted. WATCH

Sibling Revelry

Paul Burchill sure knows how to please his sister, Katie Lea. For the second week in a row, the British brawler defeated his opponent. This week, Super Crazy was sacrificed for Katie Lea's delight. PHOTOS

Big Showdown

After having his nose crushed at No Way Out, the returning Big Show was fuming and ready to confront the man who bloodied him, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather. As the two exchanged unpleasantries, Big Show challenged the "Pretty Boy" to a match, which Mayweather accepted. Stay tuned. PHOTOS | WATCH

Banking On It

Mr. Kennedy may not have retired Ric Flair in their Career Threatening Match at No Way Out, but he did make a statement the following night on Raw. The loudmouth from Green Bay, Wis., defeated Val Venis in the night's second Money in the Bank qualifying match. PHOTOS | WATCH

Playboy 1, Santino 0

WWE fans rejoice! Maria will be posing for Playboy sometime this Spring. In a cynical play, her boyfriend Santino Marella agreed to let her pose if she could defeat Women's Champion Beth Phoenix. The tall order looked impossible until Candice Michelle made her long-awaited return to Raw, and, in an attempt to avenge herself against the Diva who put her on the shelf for four months, she distracted The Glamazon long enough for Maria to take advantage and secure the pinfall. PHOTOS | WATCH

Three's Company

After Randy Orton robbed John Cena of a chance at the main event at WrestleMania XXIV by slapping the referee and getting disqualified in their match at No Way Out, Raw General Manager William Regal arranged a non-title bout between the two Monday with Triple H serving as guest referee. As "The Champ" pinned Orton, The Game intensely stared him down and reluctantly gave him the three-count. Cena's win sets up a Triple Threat Title Match for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania. PHOTOS | WATCH

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chavo retains gold at No Way Out

February 19, 2008

CM Punk's ECW Championship hopes were dashed on Sunday night, when Chavo Guerrero retained the gold at No Way Out. While the Straightedge Superstar entered No Way Out on a winning streak, Guerrero proved to be the dominant one. The self-proclaimed "Mexican Warrior" hit a Frog Splash off the top rope, then pinned Punk for the victory. Will Punk earn another chance to dethrone Guerrero for the ECW Title or has Punk's hot streak come to an end?

ECW will also receive a special visit from the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, who will appear for the first time since being named to this year's list of Hall of Fame inductees. What will the 16-time World Champion have to say?

Also at No Way Out, Big Daddy V took part in an Elimination Chamber Match against Undertaker, Batista, Finlay, MVP and The Great Khali. Eventual Chamber Match winner Undertaker hit Big Daddy V with a DDT on the Chamber floor, allowing Batista to pin the Extree Mastodon. After a loss in the Elimination Chamber, what's next for Big Daddy in the Land of the Extreme? How will the Extreme Mastodon make his Big presence known at WrestleMania XXIV?

On the last ECW, Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney experienced some success when the ECW Original avenged his loss to John Morrison from a week earlier. Still, the WWE Tag Team Champions fired back with vicious attacks. Will the underdogs continue to find success in the ring in their rivalry with Morrison & The Miz? Was Tuesday night nothing more than a fluke?

Also last week, the long-awaited Stevie Richards homecoming took place. He found immediate success in his first match back. How will the ECW Original's return from his road to recovery continue?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY'S "IMPACT!" BROADCAST ON SPIKE TV: KURT ANGLE VS. BOOKER T HEADLINES

This Thursday night, TNA returns to SpikeTV for two hours of Total Nonstop Action! The below is a preview of what you can expect on the broadcast:

In the main event of Thursday's broadcast - for the first time in TNA Wrestling - it will be TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle facing off against Booker T in singles action! Can Booker focus enough to face Angle after what he's been through with Robert Roode in recent weeks? Can Booker pull off the win over the reigning World Champion?

Speaking of Angle, what will be the fallout from last week's ceremony as AJ Sty-les and Karen Angle were pronounced man and wife? Is it really the end of the Angle marriage? How will Karen Angle react to what happened considering she now has a second husband in The Phenomenal One? Tune in and find out as the Angle family drama continues!

Speaking of AJ Sty-les, he and Tomko will defend the TNA World Tag Team Championship this Thursday night against Kip James and "Bullet" Bob Armstrong. The broadcast will also update fans on the condition of BG James after suffering a leg injury at the Against All Odds Pay-Per-View.

Also on the broadcast, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette has promised a special surprise for TNA X Division Champion "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal!

There wil also be a number-one contender's match for the TNA X Division Championship this Thursday as it will be Johnny Devine vs. Petey Williams vs. Sonjay Dutt, with the winner getting the shot at the gold against Lethal at Destination X!

In addition, Gail Kim will make her TNA in-ring return after being injured by Awesome Kong as Gail and ODB will take on Jackie Moore and Roxxi Laveaux. The question is, after their disagreement this past week can Gail Kim and ODB work together as a team?

All this and much more this Thursday night on "iMPACT!' on SpikeTV, including more news and info on March's "Destination X" Pay-Per-View!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1sfsR3YHSs

The Streak vs. The Champion

February 22, 2008

Sunday at No Way Out, Edge retained his World Heavyweight Championship by defeating an injured and, essentially, one-armed Rey Mysterio. The Rated-R Superstar took advantage of Mysterio's torn biceps and exploited the injury to keep the gold around his waist. But Edge's victory may have come at a high price, because the Ultimate Opportunist will go to WrestleMania XXIV and defend his title against Undertaker.

The Phenom stamped his ticket to WrestleMania by defeating five other men in the second of two unprecedented Elimination Chamber Matches at No Way Out. Now, Undertaker will return to the event that has defined his career, and he will put his amazing undefeated record on the line as he pursues the World Heavyweight Championship. What will the Ultimate Opportunist do now that he knows he must face The Deadman and "The Streak" at WrestleMania XXIV? Will Undertaker have anything to say to the champion Friday on SmackDown?

Batista, Finlay, The Great Khali and the United States Champion MVP were all unsuccessful in the Chamber, and will have to make alternate plans for WrestleMania XXIV. How will each Superstar react to not being part of the World Heavyweight Championship Match at the Granddaddy of Them All? What detour on the Road to WrestleMania will each of these men take with the biggest pay-per-view event of the year just six weeks away?

Shocking the world at No Way Out, Big Show returned to WWE after more than a year out of action. In the greatest shape of his career, Big Show - 108 pounds leaner - has promised to make an immediate impact. After his altercation with WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather, what will Big Show's return mean for SmackDown and its Superstars?

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

Well, who is this Triple Haytch William Regal was speaking of? :P

Oh and, MITB Qualifying Match - Jeff Hardy-Snitsky. I seriously, seriously hope Snitsky does not make it in.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#3 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Oh great, Cena going to be in the title match. Hopefully HHH calls a bad match for orton and cena, which leads to orton winning.

Just heard Jeffs new music too, its ok, going to miss his old entrance music though.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrgab

Floyd Mayweather is weird - kept moving around while talking and looking down a lot. Also, who is the face is this match? Floyd was booed a lot.

Also this reminds me of that Rocky movie that had Rocky vs Hogan in it.

LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 LEGOslayer
Member since 2006 • 7664 Posts

"Paul's a pirate *clap-clap-clapclapclap*"

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mrgab
Figured thats what would happen to end it, nice to see Cena pedigreed. :D
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
Anyone else see the "Whiff"er in the wind.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

I loved the set-up to the main event. The execution, on the other hand, was about as poor as i possibly could be. I really think WWE should have taken a week to really hype this match up and play around with the elements that are there to be exploited in the match. They could at least tease that Triple H might consider screwing Cena, which was acknowledged by the announcers and Orton, but never factored into the match. I also they should have made Triple H a far more active participant to the match. Have him jaw back and forth with both men, get more physically active and tease the possibility of screwing over either man.

What I'd really love to have seen was, say, after the STFU and the staredown between Cena and H, Orton catches an RKO. Orton trash talks Trips and tells him to count, Trips either snaps there and Pedigrees him on the spot or does a two count and give Orton the finger and Pedigree him and walk off leaving both men lying. A new ref runs down, Cena scores the FU and the win that way.

Poor execution aside, the match itself was pretty poor. It was fairly obvious that neither man brought their A-Game, another reason I wish they'd have given the match a week to build and done a tag or something.

Overall, it seemed like there was a bit of a hangover coming off No Way Out for just about everybody.

Bad night for new music. Hardy's might grow on me (I remember not being fond of "The Game" when Trips dropped "My Time", but it grew on me) but initial impression sucked pretty hard. Kennedy's new music also sucks on a fairly large scale.

Where the hell were Chris Jericho and Umaga? And with it looking like JBL's moved onto McMahonamania, what exactly is in store for Jericho and Umaga. MITB, I suppose.

And could they have picked a more lackluster pair of qualifiers for MITB. Val Venis whose going on a decade since his last win on Raw and Snitzky, who should never win a match on Raw, period, seriously? At least with Hardy selling the Elimination Chamber like death and WWE's iffy history of booking him there was an outside possibility WWE'd be stupid enough to put. Snitzky in Mania.

I tried to skip the McMahonamania segment. However, since the WWE thinks its audiience has the attention span of an ADD 10 year old on speed, I caught the whole ****ing thing on replays, with the announcers doing the super-serial voices because JBL beat up a midget.

Burchill kinda reminds me of Triple H circa 1996, back before Trips went all Muscle and Fitness and had no charisma.

And its one of those things that so constant that you stop really noticing in, but during one of the close-ups it really struck me all over again, that being that Triple H's nose is ****ing huge. I think that thing would have broken Mayweather's hand if he he and been in Big Show's position.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Raw results added, along with previews for ECW, iMPACT! and SmackDown.

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Anyone else see the "Whiff"er in the wind.trick_man01

Yeah I say it was a real Whiff, that was really sad. :P :lol:

Let me first off say WWE better do better at selling the Mayweather-Big Show match, or this match will be really bad, and now what type of match will it be in a Wrestling match or a Boxing match, I see it being a Boxing match, just for the reason that Show wanted to box in the frist place but, he was turned down by every boxing company, so WWE gets Show a great boxer like Mayweather and they box, end of story.

Raw was also a good for the reason that Candice is back, and now she can take out Bath Phonix, and get her WWE Womens Championship back.

I also like this whole Hornswoggle Vs. Mr.McMahon is going and it looks like WWE is going to possibly, go with Mr.McMahon Vs. Finlay at Maina 24.

Other then those few things and that Raw was ok again, with two MitB matches, and Orton Vs. Cena with HHH as Ref, which IMO I liked the Ending even though you knew that was what was going to happen.

Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Floyd Mayweather is weird - kept moving around while talking and looking down a lot. Also, who is the face is this match? Floyd was booed a lot.

mrgab

Yeah Mayweather looked really nervous and uncomfortable last night. The way he was moving around just came off weird. And I think Big Show is supposed to be the heel, but I was thinking from the start that there's no way they can make Floyd Mayweather a face. The dude is always talking trash, he's like a real life heel. That's why he is getting booed, he is not liked very much.

zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

Rage11

Yeah Mayweather looked really nervous and uncomfortable last night. The way he was moving around just came off weird. And I think Big Show is supposed to be the heel, but I was thinking from the start that there's no way they can make Floyd Mayweather a face. The dude is always talking trash, he's like a real life heel. That's why he is getting booed, he is not liked very much.

I'm not a boxing buff by any means but from what I hear California is De La Hoya country so that is probably a big reason for his heat. He does look very awkward though he looks all jittery and whatnot that was probably the first time he has ever done that though so it's cool.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts
[QUOTE="Rage11"][QUOTE="mrgab"]

zarfbloot

I'm not a boxing buff by any means but from what I hear California is De La Hoya country so that is probably a big reason for his heat. He does look very awkward though he looks all jittery and whatnot that was probably the first time he has ever done that though so it's cool.

Im not a boxing buff either, however I do live in california. And I can atest to the fact that this is Oscar country.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I was at RAW last night and boy did the fans go all out to booed Mayweather! This is definitely Oscar state. The stuff at the live event doesn't come off well on TV. The noise was tone down and it was loud all over and you could barely hear that come across the tv.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link256

Did anyone even watch ECW?

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
I was at RAW last night and boy did the fans go all out to booed Mayweather! This is definitely Oscar state. The stuff at the live event doesn't come off well on TV. The noise was tone down and it was loud all over and you could barely hear that come across the tv.KevyR
Well it doesn't help the Mayweather is an absolute jerk.
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

Link256

Watch what now?

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts

Link256

I did and nothing too special about the show. So we'll leave it at that.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrgab

Link256

Choice between watching ECW and a rerun of Scrubs that seen many times, so went with the obvious choice.... Scrubs. :)

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

Link256
Yes. Better than RAW. It was a fun show if you don't mind absolutely no storyline advancement.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"]

Chicago_Nut

Yes. Better than RAW. It was a fun show if you don't mind absolutely no storyline advancement.

ECW was ok. can't say if it was better than Raw (but then again, anytime i get to yell "Apple Juice!" is a good Raw) but Flair/Punk was the best part (well, the only good part i saw).

Punk: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sephy37

god, TNA was so awful tonight. i'm jealous of anyone that didn't watch it

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

I'm not going to pretend that I watched, but I did skim the review to see I didn't miss anything I'll, ya know, miss... missing (and that's still better writing than TNA can manage, it would seem).

However, I do have one question. How many years too late is a Road Dogg vs Billy Gunn feud? I mean, there was a time that would have been an interesting feud... right?

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sephy37
the only redeeming qualities of Impact was Curryman name dropping Kobashi Kenta and Misawa. that and AJ burning his hand one some small candle during his honeymoon with Karen.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Link256

However, I do have one question. How many years too late is a Road Dogg vs Billy Gunn feud? I mean, there was a time that would have been an interesting feud... right?

The_Dude14

Well, that and while forgettable and brief, already kinda of happened back in 1999...

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Link256

Random thoughts on Heat:

- Is it just me or is Heat still using basically same intro they have been using for, at the very least, last 5 or 6 years?

- With Todd Grisham doing the announcing, I suddenly remembered while I stop watching this program. With that being said, here is Grisham's quote of the day: "Haas is naked from the neck up"

- I am not sure if this is "good" thing or "bad" thing, however, interesting to see Josh Matthews still has job with the WWE, despite the demise of Velocity.

- I will assume by that Frog Slash from Brian Kendrick would have been most likely something else if it was not for WWE's banning of certain high-flying moves.

- You know, its really sad when Kendrick even has to go the route of jobber-duty on web-show, of all things.

- Answers the question to where Carlito was at Monday Night on Raw...

- Speaking of Carlito, whatever happened to him and Santino being the number 1 contenders for the tag-team titles?

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

Thank you very much for makin' this thread, -Karmum-. I took last week off because of some other projects I had to do for college 'n' chit.