WWE Saturday Night Main Event Date and more....

shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts

*credit to www.pwinsider.com*

My old friend Georgiann Makropoulos is reporting over at WrestlingFigs.com that WWE's Saturday Night Main Event is scheduled for March 18 at Detroit's Cobo Hall.

For those who noted the "coincidence" that TNA debuts in the Detroit market with a house show on March 17, well, let's just say you aren't alone. I find it hard to believe that WWE just picked going to Detroit, on that date, out of a hat. On the flip side, at least TNA knows that WWE sees them as competition. i>Ted sent this one. ... There's an interesting article in the Mansfield News Journal about former WWF developmental wrestler Russell 'BJ' Payne. He had to retire because of a neck injury three years ago and has returned to football as a coach. He was apparently pretty good in football - playing for Mount Union - a Division III college in Ohio that is a perennial powerhouse that almost always wins the National Title - they have won 8 of them. Payne was hired Monday as the Head Football Coach at Lexington High School. It's near Mansfield, Ohio which is about halfway between Columbus and Cleveland. Some interesting tidbits about his time in OVW and some of the guys he worked with.

Todd Dilley sent this one. ... I'm sure this is just what everyone was looking for... Tim White has his own superstar page, which includes videos of his failed "suicide" attempts. If you have time to waste, check out this link.

Well, that is a strange coincidence that the WWE is going to Detroit the day after TNA. 
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
Out of a hat? BS.
shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts
Out of a hat? BS.hbk91

no kidding man. 
BTW: Sorry about the black text.  I tried to fix it but it wouldn't change to white.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
Well when I first saw this thread I was pumped up b/c I watched SNME as a kid... but now seeing where it's booked I don't know what to think.  Even though I think it's low of WWE to book the same area as TNA's first house show, they are doing what any company would do.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

It does seem to be a little bit of a coincidence.

I wonder if WWE will stack the hell out of that card, for good measure.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

I wonder who will be on the Card, and if it is a Smackdown or RAW show

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
TNA will still sell out. 
BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BATMAYNE
Member since 2005 • 3225 Posts

WWE wouldn't have done that if those people didn't call in.

Avatar image for nintendogamer19
nintendogamer19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendogamer19
Member since 2006 • 4676 Posts

i think the TNA house show is gonna flop unless they advertise the hell out of it

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts
Sure, that is low move by WWE, but personally...I am glad to hear that WWE is doing that, in sense.

In one sense, it means that WWE sees TNA as more "legit" competition. However, in another sense, I do not like it...it may be competition, but that is obviously some "dirty" competition on WWE's part.

Anyhow, hopefully...this will start to lead to more of effort on both of the companies' part (perphas I am asking for too much, probably).

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
Sure, that is low move by WWE, but personally...I am glad to hear that WWE is doing that, in sense.

In one sense, it means that WWE sees TNA as more "legit" competition. However, in another sense, I do not like it...it may be competition, but that is obviously some "dirty" competition on WWE's part.

Anyhow, hopefully...this will start to lead to more of effort on both of the companies' part (perphas I am asking for too much, probably).

Link256

Yep WWE is WCW this time, they have more money.
boylcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 boylcp
Member since 2005 • 3811 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"]Sure, that is low move by WWE, but personally...I am glad to hear that WWE is doing that, in sense.

In one sense, it means that WWE sees TNA as more "legit" competition. However, in another sense, I do not like it...it may be competition, but that is obviously some "dirty" competition on WWE's part.

Anyhow, hopefully...this will start to lead to more of effort on both of the companies' part (perphas I am asking for too much, probably).

keiblerfan69

I hope that they start doing some good "wrestling matches" now that they are considering TNA as competition 

RamboneForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 RamboneForever
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
Maybe SNM will be a crossbrand show,RAW has heat as a second show and Smackdown has Velocity and since they have been moved to WWE.com,maybe this will be the show that will even the shows out.
Semper_Fi13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Semper_Fi13
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts
[QUOTE="Link256"]Sure, that is low move by WWE, but personally...I am glad to hear that WWE is doing that, in sense.

keiblerfan69

ok do you people not realize how far in advance a taping or a show like saturday night main event is booked.  it is a good year in advance and since tna just decided tio start doing house shows they actually booked the it after wwe already had the arena booked in the first place.

and you you honestly think wwe sees tna as a threat.  becuase think about it sense they ahve more money alot more money then tna if they saw thema s a threat why would they not just take all of or most of tna's talent that is not signed to a contract.  and leave them with practically no body.  say bye bye to most of the x division and alot of there tag teams plus the alot of the other people.  so if they actually did see tna as a  threat it would be very easy to eliminate them from sight. 

heck if anything tna is hopeing to get more people to show up to the house show byt booking it in the same place as wwe.

manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"] [QUOTE="Link256"]Sure, that is low move by WWE, but personally...I am glad to hear that WWE is doing that, in sense.

Semper_Fi13

ok do you people not realize how far in advance a taping or a show like saturday night main event is booked. it is a good year in advance and since tna just decided tio start doing house shows they actually booked the it after wwe already had the arena booked in the first place.

and you you honestly think wwe sees tna as a threat. becuase think about it sense they ahve more money alot more money then tna if they saw thema s a threat why would they not just take all of or most of tna's talent that is not signed to a contract. and leave them with practically no body. say bye bye to most of the x division and alot of there tag teams plus the alot of the other people. so if they actually did see tna as a threat it would be very easy to eliminate them from sight.

heck if anything tna is hopeing to get more people to show up to the house show byt booking it in the same place as wwe.

A great anti-Tna rant there
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

ok do you people not realize how far in advance a taping or a show like saturday night main event is booked.  it is a good year in advance and since tna just decided tio start doing house shows they actually booked the it after wwe already had the arena booked in the first place. Okay, you make good point there.

and you you honestly think wwe sees tna as a threat.  becuase think about it sense they ahve more money alot more money then tna if they saw thema s a threat why would they not just take all of or most of tna's talent that is not signed to a contract.  and leave them with practically no body.  say bye bye to most of the x division and alot of there tag teams plus the alot of the other people.  so if they actually did see tna as a  threat it would be very easy to eliminate them from sight. 

Semper_Fi13

Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were both offered contracts from WWE and they have both turned them down. I remember hearing about how WWE management was interested in AMW little over year back, but obviously, AMW is still in TNA. As for the rest of the roster, WWE is obviously not interested or TNA workers have turned them down.

If you automatically think that all of the TNA roster would go to WWE simply because money, than you are sadly mistaken. Sure, some will probably end up going to WWE because of money and "opportunity," but WWE cannot grab anyone from TNA roster as easily as you think.

Most of the TNA roster is their for passion of the business of wrestling and to make the company more successful, not money. Guess what? WWE is not know as being that kind of place, to say the least. There have numerous reports on how locker morally is at all-time low. Also, as for the x-division workers, they know for fact that the cruiserweight division in WWE is seriously under-used and if they were to go to WWE, their career's would be buried, most likely.

Yes, I agree with you that WWE does not see TNA as serious thread, but they seem as minimal treat non-the-less. Word is that WWE is grabbing up any workers who TNA is interested in, so if that is not sign that WWE sees TNA as semi-treat at the very least, I do not know what is?

Avatar image for nintendogamer19
nintendogamer19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendogamer19
Member since 2006 • 4676 Posts
[QUOTE="Semper_Fi13"]

ok do you people not realize how far in advance a taping or a show like saturday night main event is booked.  it is a good year in advance and since tna just decided tio start doing house shows they actually booked the it after wwe already had the arena booked in the first place. Okay, you make good point there.

Link256

Samoa Joe and AJ Styles were both offered contracts from WWE and they have both turned them down. I remember hearing about how WWE management was interested in AMW little over year back, but obviously, AMW is still in TNA. As for the rest of the roster, WWE is obviously not interested or TNA workers have turned them down.

If you automatically think that all of the TNA roster would go to WWE simply because money, than you are sadly mistaken. Sure, some will probably end up going to WWE because of money and "opportunity," but WWE cannot grab anyone from TNA roster as easily as you think.

Most of the TNA roster is their for passion of the business of wrestling and to make the company more successful, not money. Guess what? WWE is not know as being that kind of place, to say the least. There have numerous reports on how locker morally is at all-time low. Also, as for the x-division workers, they know for fact that the cruiserweight division in WWE is seriously under-used and if they were to go to WWE, their career's would be buried, most likely.

Yes, I agree with you that WWE does not see TNA as serious thread, but they seem as minimal treat non-the-less. Word is that WWE is grabbing up any workers who TNA is interested in, so if that is not sign that WWE sees TNA as semi-treat at the very least, I do not know what is?

i agree with everything you said, but i dont think Vince see them as a major threat at this point in time, im pretty sure everyone with WWE knows that is TNA tried to go on Monday night it wouldnt be close to WWEs ratings.

I think now that TNA has Sting, Hardy and Cage Vince knows something is up

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
WWE needs to change their city location for Saturday Night Main Event. Why not go to the Manhattan Center in New York City where they started the first RAW. Of course, date and location is always subject to change.