Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

"It's being reported that WWE official Paul Levesque (Triple H) wants WWE's Champions to hold their titles for a lenghty period of time for the forseeable future, so don't expect to see any short-lived title reigns in WWE any time soon. It was reported after WrestleMania that the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus is scheduled to have a long title reign, and Santino Marella has had a longer U.S. Championship reign than most people backstage thought he would as well. So when a Superstar or Diva wins a Championship, don't be surprised if they hold onto it for a while, as Triple H wants the Champions to look strong from here on out.

This being said however, C.M. Punk has been the WWE Champion for over eight months now, so one could assume that he might drop the belt soon, possibly even next week on Raw when he defends it against John Cena. But recent title winners such as the Intercontinental Champion Christian and the Divas Champion Layla El probably won't drop their Titles anytime soon.

As for John Cena winning the Money In The Bank contract, this was actually not something that WWE had been planning very long. In fact, Cena was originally going to just have that PPV off."

Source

- - -

Thoughts? 

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
This is better. Although, I wouldn't want them to have lengthy reigns, unless they are truly interesting and strong characters. Punk is, but he's had it for a bit too long me thinks. Then again, I wouldn't give it to anyone else, except Chris Jericho. So I'd rather Punk just keep it till someone actually seems worthy.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
I love the idea but Punk losing to Cena next week eh? I do no want to see it happen but my gut tells me it is.
Blue_Shield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Blue_Shield
Member since 2010 • 2610 Posts

The term "plans change" comes to mind.

Otherwise, my thought is if they want Cena to be the main event, they should make him champion.

JandSman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JandSman
Member since 2007 • 6703 Posts
Ideally titles wouldn't change to often, it really depends on the champions, challengers, and the direction of the company. For example Kofi and R-Truth are decent champions, but PTP is really good at the moment, so instead of letting Kofi and R-Truth have a long reign, let PTP win the titles. Or another example is Sheamus, they want to build him up as one of the next big guys, but some would argue that SD is bland right now because of Sheamus. So WWE might want to consider taking the title off of Sheamus for a month or two then give it back to him.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts

The term "plans change" comes to mind.

Otherwise, my thought is if they want Cena to be the main event, they should make him champion.

Blue_Shield
Yeah, because for the past 6 months all he's done is main event without a strap on him.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Has Santino actually defended the US title? I certainly prefer this to hot-shotting the belt around every 4-8 weeks, everybody getting a title run (Dolph Ziggler is, in fact, already a former World Champion for some reason), and the inflated numbers of title runs WWE has produced since the Attitude Era. But to play devil's advocate, while this great when the belts are on guys we like (Punk, Bryan), what about when the belts are on guys we don't like? I shudder to think about this place when Cena inevitably gets his belt back (even worse when he does it Monday). Then when you consider how poor the writing is and the difficulty they have building up challengers and memorable feuds when they are stupid enough to hot potato the belts around for shock value... just some thoughts to chew on... ... Also, amused at the way this story is "reported." "WWE Official Paul Levesque (Triple H)." They used his real name so they clearly aren't just making this **** up.