WWE Hall Of Fame - March 29, 2008 (AIRING TONIGHT AT 7:30 ET/4:30 PT on WWE.com)

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair, a 16-time World Champion over his 35-year-plus career, was the first Superstar named to the WWE Hall of Fame cl_ass of 2008.

Learn more: Ric Flair | Induction video

Rocky Johnson

Rocky Johnson, who with partner Tony Atlas was part of the fist African-American duo to win the World Tag Team Championship, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by his son, The Rock.

Learn more: Rocky Johnson | Induction video

High Chief Peter Maivia

High Chief Peter Maivia, father-in-law of Rocky Johnson and grandfather of The Rock, will also be inducted by The Most Electrifying Man in Sports-Entertainment.

Learn more: Peter Maivia | Inductor: The Rock

Mae Young

Mae Young, who has been active in the squared circle for eight decades, follows only The Fabulous Moolah and "Sensational" Sherri as the third female inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Learn more: Mae Young | Induction video

The Brisco Brothers

The Brisco Brothers - Jack & Gerald - won nearly two dozen tag team titles as a team. Jack is also a former NWA World Champion, while Gerald is a close associate of Mr. McMahon.

Learn more: Gerald Brisco | Jack Brisco | Induction video

Eddie Graham

Eddie Graham was a successful in-ring performer, but was also the legendary promoter of the Championship Wrestling from Florida territory. He will be inducted into the Hall of Fame by Dusty Rhodes.

Learn more: Eddie Graham | Rhodes | Induction Video

Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie, the legendary voice of Championship Wrestling from Florida and later WCW, will be posthumously inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in his home state.

Learn more: Gordon Solie | Induction video

-------------------------------------------------------------

WWE's Hall of Fame Cl_ass of 2008 will be inducted on Saturday, March 29 as part of WrestleMania weekend.

Stay tuned to WWE.com as more inductees are named in the coming weeks.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/

LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 LEGOslayer
Member since 2006 • 7664 Posts
cheap way to make cash 101, get the Rock to come back for one night by making his relatives HOFers.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I think this year HOF should be interesting. I really like to see Flair speech the most. I know the USA network will give us a cut up pieces of the speech, but nonetheless, I'll pick up the WM DVD to get the full version.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Link256

The following are latest to be announced for induction:

The Brisco Brothers

The Brisco Brothers - Jack & Gerald - won nearly two dozen tag team titles as a team. Jack is also a former NWA World Champion, while Gerald is a close associate of Mr. McMahon.

Learn more: Jack | Gerald

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

i'm disappointed they are calling him Gerald.

Jack & Jerry Brisco will always be cooler than Jack and Gerald.

fun note, Jerry Brisco has also been a tag champ with Rocky Johnson

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Link256
According to an article in the Miami Herald, Triple H will be inducting Ric Flair into the WWE Hall of Fame. The article is available here.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Link256

WWE.com will be streaming the Hall of Fame Ceremony live tonight starting at 7:30PM ET. The final hour of the show will be on USA Network at 11PM ET.

Credit: PWInsider.com

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

wow, that was something special. from The Rock to Ric Flair's speech, it's something i will always remember and cherish watching. what a special moment for the business.

i hope none of you missed it (...looks at Chicago_Nut)

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Link256

wow, that was something special. from The Rock to Ric Flair's speech, it's something i will always remember and cherish watching. what a special moment for the business.

sephy37

The Rock stuff was just plain awesome, in that there was one mark-out moment after another.

As for Ric Flair, it was great to see that even though he so richly deserves the honor that was given to him tonight, the guy still, after all of these many years, has sense of modesty.

Though, with that being said, it has to be asked, where was Arn Anderson?

Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
It was great to see The Rock back on WWE TV, and Ric Flair's induction was just awesome. Nice ceremony last night.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

Well Sky Sports aired an hour of this year's Hall of Fame today and that really was something special. The airing showed The Rock inducting his father and grandfather and skipped to Trips inducting Flair. The Rock was the typical tease he is for the first part - enjoyed his comparison of him in Doom and Cena in The Marine. Now there's a match I'd love to see. Glad Rocky acknowledged Santino too - fine moment! Regardless, a really heartfelt promo he made that touched my heart and brought it back home. Flair's induction was something I'll cherish in my mind for a long time. He is in a c1ass of his own as Hunter got spot on. Again, another heart felt speech which had me on the brink of tears. He's such an honourable man to his family and three wives and I'm glad I saw that side of him today since it's the first I've seen it. Congratulations goes down to this year's inductees this year.