Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

09BraggingRightsPicture-1.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

09BraggingRightsSmackDownvsRaw.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

Team SmackDown vs. Team Raw
Chris Jericho, R-Truth, Finlay, Hart Dynasty, Kane, and Matt Hardy vs. DX, The Big Show, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, and Kofi Kingston

09BraggingRightsRKOCena.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

WWE Championship - Anything Goes 60 Minute Iron Man Match
Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena

Stipulation: If Cena loses, he must leave Raw. If Orton loses, he cannot have any rematches against Cena.

09BraggingRightsTakerPunkReyTista.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker (c) vs. CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Batista

09BraggingRightsJohnMiz.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

Non-Title: Champion vs. Champion
John Morrison vs. The Miz

09BraggingRightsRDvsSDD.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

Raw Divas vs. SmackDown Divas
Gail Kim, Kelly Kelly, and Melina vs. Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, and Natalya

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
Cyber Sunday is a much cooler name than Bragging Rights.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Link256
Cyber Sunday is a much cooler name than Bragging Rights.Razor-Lazor
I agree, but the WWE is trying (and will likely fail) to salvage this PPV, because while it does receive some of the lowest WWE buyrates every year, it is a great boost for WWE.com activity.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
[QUOTE="Razor-Lazor"]Cyber Sunday is a much cooler name than Bragging Rights.Link256
I agree, but the WWE is trying (and will likely fail) to salvage this PPV, because while it does receive some of the lowest WWE buyrates every year, it is a great boost for WWE.com activity.

Up until last year when all the voting (except one or two matches) had to take place on cell phones.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link256
Up until last year when all the voting (except one or two matches) had to take place on cell phones.trick_man01
Obvious attempt to milk more money out of this PPV.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#6 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
Can't wait to see who is champion after HiaC, on Smackdown. :)
Avatar image for wonderwaffle111
wonderwaffle111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wonderwaffle111
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts
I would like to see edge face Jericho in this PPV
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

I'd like to see RVD wrestle Jerry Lynn on this PPV... like it was 1999.

And I'm pretty sure there's a better chance of that happening than there is of Edge wrestling on this PPV.

... RVD vs Lynn, that is. The chance that it will be 1999, somehow, is slightly less than Edge wrestling on this PPV.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
Will this be the opposite of Night of Champions? No titles on the line?
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Link256
[spoiler] The rumor I have heard is that there will be triple-treat matches on here, featuring a wrestler from each brand, and the winner of each match will have the "Bragging Rights" for their brand, hence the name of the PPV. [/spoiler]
lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
sounds like a good concept, though the name is just horrible.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wwe4ever_in05

sounds like a good concept, though the name is just horrible.lilhbk

Also with the Name being what it is, and that is the concept, then this should be lame.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trick_man01
[spoiler] The rumor I have heard is that there will be triple-treat matches on here, featuring a wrestler from each brand, and the winner of each match will have the "Bragging Rights" for their brand, hence the name of the PPV. [/spoiler] Link256
Well they did have the champion of champions match on "this" ppv a few years back.
Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts

The WWE "Bragging Rights" PPV is scheduled for October 25th and will apparently be a RAW vs. SmackDown! themed event. The idea is which brand gets the "bragging rights" over the other.

The logo for the PPV will feature red and blue, mixing the colors for both RAW and SmackDown! together.

It's also likely that the elements from the Cyber Sunday PPV (fan voting, etc.) will be used within the PPV theme, as Bragging Rights replaces Cyber Sunday on the schedule.

Link

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kotenks

They should do Champion vs. Champion vs. Champion again. That was kinda entertaining

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts

I would really like if the PPV is a champion vs Champion match through out the ppv.

WWE vs Heavyweight vs ECW champion

Intercontinental vs US champion

Diva vs Womens champion.

I'd enjoy that, probably most of you would not.

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wwe4ever_in05

Is it a good or a bad thing when WWE is getting sponsored on the Weather Channels "Local on the 8's", I was just wondering just cause I saw it today on there, for this PPV, when Hiac isn't till this Weekend.

Weird or Funny. :?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e1459498b931
deactivated-5e1459498b931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 deactivated-5e1459498b931
Member since 2007 • 3719 Posts

The WWE "Bragging Rights" PPV is scheduled for October 25th and will apparently be a RAW vs. SmackDown! themed event. The idea is which brand gets the "bragging rights" over the other.

The logo for the PPV will feature red and blue, mixing the colors for both RAW and SmackDown! together.

It's also likely that the elements from the Cyber Sunday PPV (fan voting, etc.) will be used within the PPV theme, as Bragging Rights replaces Cyber Sunday on the schedule.

Link

Dark_Hylian8
While Vince doesn't care for ECW.
Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dark_Hylian8
[QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]

Link

VanDerSar01

While Vince doesn't care for ECW.

Was it this PPV that tipped you off, or was it every Smackdown vs Raw game, Wrestlemania, or the upcoming Hell in a Cell PPV?

Smackdown vs Raw 2010
...and Oh yeah...ECW is in there too.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
Looks like ECW will have to take the backseat on this event.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e1459498b931
[QUOTE="VanDerSar01"]While Vince doesn't care for ECW.Dark_Hylian8
Was it this PPV that tipped you off, or was it every Smackdown vs Raw game, Wrestlemania, or the upcoming Hell in a Cell PPV?

Smackdown vs Raw 2010
...and Oh yeah...ECW is in there too.

I know that ECW will never be a big thing in anything related to WWE nowadays.

BTW ECW was in 08,09 and featuring in 10. Plus they are always featured as "with ECW" on the game logo sometimes.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trick_man01
[QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]Was it this PPV that tipped you off, or was it every Smackdown vs Raw game, Wrestlemania, or the upcoming Hell in a Cell PPV?

Smackdown vs Raw 2010
...and Oh yeah...ECW is in there too.VanDerSar01

I know that ECW will never be a big thing in anything related to WWE nowadays.

BTW ECW was in 08,09 and featuring in 10. Plus they are always featured as "with ECW" on the game logo sometimes.

In fairness SmackDown! vs. RAW was the name of the series well before ECW came along.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Link256

This Discussion =/ This PPV

Keep it on topic, folks.

I would really like if the PPV is a champion vs Champion match through out the ppv.

Diva vs Womens champion.

I'd enjoy that, probably most of you would not.lilhbk

The only problem with that is sounds more along the lines of a TV special, such as Raw or SmackDown. Otherwise, nothing is on-the-line, and even if it were, you would all but be telling people the result.

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wwe4ever_in05
[QUOTE="lilhbk"]I would really like if the PPV is a champion vs Champion match through out the ppv.

Diva vs Womens champion.

I'd enjoy that, probably most of you would not.Link256

The only problem with that is sounds more along the lines of a TV special, such as Raw or SmackDown. Otherwise, nothing is on-the-line, and even if it were, you would all but be telling people the result

I think lilhbk ment no titles on the line and have the Champions face each other but no titles on the line. (And now I'm repeating my self. :lol::P)

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Dude14

I could buy a Smackdown vs Raw (vs ECW) PPV, but I have a hard time believing WWE would have confidence in a show without having at least one World Title defended.

I'd love to see a WWE vs World vs ECW Champion match, assuming it'd be Cena vs Punk vs Christian. That could be a lot of fun, even though its unlikely SuperCena would lose, even though a win would do him far less good than it would for either Christian or Punk and he wouldn't have to be involved in the decision.

I can also see round 1 of Jerishow vs DX and that'd be a suitable main event level match, but I can't see WWE believing in a Tag match to sell PPVs, even with the starpower. They'd feel they'd need a WWE or World Title match. Maybe they'd do the silly "choose which title is on the line" (to maintain the Cyber Sunday link) which would actually slightly increase Punk's odds.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kotenks

They had the fans vote which belt would be on the line in that Cena vs. Booker vs. Show match

I suspect The Miz wins tomorrow and goes on to face Morrison in a Champion vs. Champion match

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dark_Hylian8

WrestleZone originally reported several days ago that the theme for WWE's new "Bragging Rights" PPV will be Smackdown vs Raw. You can read our original report if you CLICK HERE.

In a second report, which you can read if you CLICK HERE, we reported that the show will feature an undercard of matches that will see the winners of each match take place in a a tag team main event which will be a Smackdown vs Raw bout.

It is now being reported that although WWE had toyed with the idea of making the PPV fan interactive, where the audience would vote on such things as matches and match stipulations, that idea seems to have been scrapped. "Bragging Rights" is replacing the "Cyber Sunday" PPV, which has a history of drawing a lower buyrate for WWE, so it seems as if the company no longer wants to go in the fan interactive direction.

Link

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Link256
The WWE Bragging Rights website is live and can be viewed here.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Link256

Bragging Rights Update:

Stipulation: If Cena loses, he must leave Raw

CWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 CWood
Member since 2002 • 3760 Posts

Bragging Rights Update:

Stipulation: If Cena loses, he must leave Raw

Link256

Iron man match? That's going to be a lot of headlocks!

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Dude14

I am completely serious when I say this, I would love to see John Cena go to Smackdown. It is highly, highly unlikely that he will (no way they would send Batista over if Cena were on the way), but I would actually like to see it.

I still think of Cena as a Smackdown guy, because that was where he built up and that was probably, creatively, where he was at his best. Things didn't start to go wrong for Cena until he went to Raw (though, I think the chinks in the armor were beginning to show).

Maybe, just maybe, a change of scenery would be what the doctor ordered and the Smackdown writing team can figure out how to harness his talents. I mean, Jeff Hardy can barely string enough words together to make a complete sentance and they managed to make him the most popular wrestler in the WWE.

But its not happening. It just isn't.

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dark_Hylian8

I am completely serious when I say this, I would love to see John Cena go to Smackdown. It is highly, highly unlikely that he will (no way they would send Batista over if Cena were on the way), but I would actually like to see it.

I still think of Cena as a Smackdown guy, because that was where he built up and that was probably, creatively, where he was at his best. Things didn't start to go wrong for Cena until he went to Raw (though, I think the chinks in the armor were beginning to show).

Maybe, just maybe, a change of scenery would be what the doctor ordered and the Smackdown writing team can figure out how to harness his talents. I mean, Jeff Hardy can barely string enough words together to make a complete sentance and they managed to make him the most popular wrestler in the WWE.

But its not happening. It just isn't.

The_Dude14

I have a very strong feeling that Cena will go to Smackdown, and I base this entirely off the fact that no one in this union ever thought that Triple H would work on Tuesday nights.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Link256

Even if the WWE were willing to put Cena on SmackDown, I think it is safe to say the WWE is not going to pull a Matt Hardy.

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dark_Hylian8

Even if the WWE were willing to put Cena on SmackDown, I think it is safe to say the WWE is not going to pull a Matt Hardy.

Link256

I'm a little confused by this, please elaborate? The only thing that pops in my head is how Hardy was on all 3 brands.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Dude14

I have a very strong feeling that Cena will go to Smackdown, and I base this entirely off the fact that no one in this union ever thought that Triple H would work on Tuesday nights.Dark_Hylian8
Yeah, but if I recall correctly, Smackdown was changing networks. I don't think they're doing that againg anytime soon.

And also, if I recall, Trips really didn't give the ratings much of a boost (he did probably help to keep the ratings fairly consistent).

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dark_Hylian8

[QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]I have a very strong feeling that Cena will go to Smackdown, and I base this entirely off the fact that no one in this union ever thought that Triple H would work on Tuesday nights.The_Dude14

Yeah, but if I recall correctly, Smackdown was changing networks. I don't think they're doing that againg anytime soon.

And also, if I recall, Trips really didn't give the ratings much of a boost (he did probably help to keep the ratings fairly consistent).

I don't think it was entirely based on ratings. It opens up new storyline possibilities, and since Cena has feuded with EVERY top superstar on Raw right now multiple times, he needs something new. Punk, Undertaker, Jericho, Ziggler.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Link256

I'm a little confused by this, please elaborate? The only thing that pops in my head is how Hardy was on all 3 brands.Dark_Hylian8
It was a reference to the Matt-Edge feud, and more specifically, the "Loser Leaves Raw Ladder Match" the two at during Raw's return to USA. Edge, of course, won, and went on to win the world title a mere 3 months later. Matt, on the other hand, was severely damage, and drifted in mid-card hell, playing the role of jobber to the stars. It was not until Jeff's return several months later that Matt was able to begin the recovery process.

My point being no way in hell WWE is going to make Cena look THAT weak. Rightfully so, I might add. If anyone should be protected, it should be Cena. If Cena were to go to SmackDown, it would be on HIS own terms. If anything, I sooner see Cena winning the match, and going to SmackDown regardless, than I see Cena being Matt Hardyed.

WWE may be dumb, but they are not THAT dumb.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kotenks

Oh Laudy is that Cena vs. Orton for 60 minutes?

Wow.

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dark_Hylian8

Of course Cena won't be buried on Smackdown. He will bury everybody that had a chance of being in the Title Picture. Can anyone believe that John Morrison was in that picture just mere months ago? I won't say Batista killed Smackdown. The Undertaker did.

The new picture on the first page. Orton looks remarkably like Cena.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
60 mins of Cena and Orton is not good. I want to see Cena lose and leave RAW. Enough of him on there. If he is on SmackDown!, I don't know how well that show will do in the ratings but it'll boost a rating or two.
Turk130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Turk130
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts

Does anyone remember the time when Orton/Cena was a match that the majority of people couldn't wait to see...

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Dude14

I highly doubt that Cena-Orton will be a 60 minute Ironman match. Far more likely that it'll be 30.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Link256

I highly doubt that Cena-Orton will be a 60 minute Ironman match. Far more likely that it'll be 30.The_Dude14
Unless they have a change of plans, it will be a 60 Minute Ironman Match. It was announced on Raw as being that much.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]I highly doubt that Cena-Orton will be a 60 minute Ironman match. Far more likely that it'll be 30.Link256

Unless they have a change of plans, it will be a 60 Minute Ironman Match. It was announced on Raw as being that much.

Wow, this PPV is going to suck. One 60 minute match means that there will be a bunch of really short, ***ty matches, especially if that tag team thing is actually going to happen.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Link256

Bragging Rights Update:

SvR.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

SmackDown vs. Raw Bragging Rights Tag Team Match
TBD vs. TBD

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

[QUOTE="Link256"]

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]I highly doubt that Cena-Orton will be a 60 minute Ironman match. Far more likely that it'll be 30.The_Dude14

Wow, this PPV is going to suck. One 60 minute match means that there will be a bunch of really short, ***ty matches, especially if that tag team thing is actually going to happen.

I'm hoping they have a limit of 5 matches for the event. It's a rather (far less) important PPV, no need to squeeze in every single feud. Also...

I am going nuts over the Cena/Orton Ironman match.  :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5e1459498b931
If it's 60 mins and anything goes, i'll gonna think out of ring brawling and Legacy interference. The E pulled the Edge-Cena card out of this and that tells me that Cena will win and decrease the prestige of the WWE Championship again. Jack Swagger's reign in no threat again.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Link256

Bragging Rights Update:

09BraggingRightsTakerPunkReyTista.jpg picture by ForPhotoStuff

World Heavyweight Championship
The Undertaker (c) vs. CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Batista

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

Well, this match could go many different ways. Let me go over each of the competitors.

The Undertaker: The champion going into the match. 'Taker winning wouldn't be too surprising, simply because he is the current champion. However, Fatal-Four-Way is a sneaky way to have someone lose the title without getting pinned, therefore saving face. Either way, I expect The Deadman to reign victorious in this one. He is my first choice to win.

CM Punk: Since they ended his reign, and major push, so quickly, I also would not be surprised if Punk takes the title back. One theory I had about Punk VS. Taker in Hell in a Cell was that they couldn't think of a way for 'Taker to lose, so they just gave him the title with plans to take it off of him at the next PPV. However, right now, Punk is my third choice.

Rey Mysterio: Honestly, the only person in this match who has no chance in hell of winning. Fourth choice.

Batista: As tacky as it would be to give Batista the title so quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE gave it to him here. As sad as it is, don't count out Batista, as he has a good chance of winning this match, in my opinion. Second choice.