pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#51 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
It's funny how the recent feuds have had more heat from the non-wrestler taking part in the storyline, than the actual wrestler they will compete against later down the line (Heyman/Punk and Bryan/HHH). It feels far more natural in Punk/Heyman's storyline, however (IMO). 

Anyway, here is my own personal analysis on the situation.

Orton's heel persona right now is nowhere near on par with the heel stance he had back around his first few years being in the WWE. It's almost like he has been labelled a bad guy rather than doing anything that makes him truly despicable as a heal (Not leaving me with a true heal impression or entity). It doesn't help that he's standing back and letting Triple H do most of the heal work. This will only lead to Orton and Bryan leaving us with a somewhat weaker encounter later, because the storyline is simply not focusing on them -- In turn making a Championship win from Bryan become less memorable (If he does win). An encounter with Triple H will probably benefit this feud far more, but that still does nothing to help Orton take an important stance within the overall storyline. Basically, there isn't any real way for Orton to contribute to this storyline unless HHH is willing to step out of the picture a little. If he does not step aside, a match with Orton and Bryan may become great, but it will simply be unable to reach its full potential. So while this feud is surprisingly decent for what it is, I personally don't think it was worth Bryan losing his first Championship over. There's simply not enough focus on the actual competitors and the heat they should have created with each other -- which may effect the overall atmosphere and aftermath of an encounter with one another (Daniel Bryan vs Triple H would likely leave a bigger impression when all is said and done). There is still potential for it to swerve in a more dynamic and interesting direction, but right now I don't feel it is quite hitting the mark it wants to swing for. 

This is just my opinion, of course. Like TruthTellers said a week ago, it is great in terms of building a true heal for the company (Triple H), and building a believable face. Which is a better goal for the long-run, but the price of this investment may sacrifice the memorability of Bryan's match with Orton. 

As in... Because of the lack of focus between Bryan and Orton, the match may become a great *** 1/2 - **** encounter. If there had been more focus, it could potentially have reached **** 1/2 stars in spectacle and memorability. I feel Triple H and Daniel Bryan could actually reach those standards if put in the ring together later, since the feud has mainly been focused on them. 

Again, just a prediction on how everything might turn out if continued the way it's going. Perhaps I'm completely wrong and it leads to something amazing. Who knows?

NOTE: I'd like to point out that I am not actually watching this RAW until tomorrow. So certain things may have changed that I do not know about, yet. This means that I may need to adjust certain aspects of what I wrote so that it's up to scratch with current events.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
^ WWE doesn't give a sh*t about Bryan's memorability, WWE has been forced, due to recent high profile injuries, to thrust Daniel Bryan into the top face slot simply because he's next on the depth chart (apart from Punk, but he's busy with Heyman and "Greased" Axel.) Daniel Bryan is only there for the short term, while Trips is being built up for the long term. Once Cena returns, he'll be Triple H's new whipping boy and Bryan will be competing for the Cruiserweight championship.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
I'm trying to figure out where I stand on the Triple H-Heyman segment. On the one hand, when you're such a heel that other heels don't like you is a good thing, so Heyman being such a sleazebag that Trips doesn't like him is significant (although, not that it really helps Axel or Axel helps anything at the moment). However, it seems like a logical way to transition Punk from a feud with Heyman to a feud with the McH would be for Heyman to sell his soul to the McH... or the McH to sell their souls to Heyman... or something. There would be some kind of exchange of souls... if they even have any souls remaining to barter. Well, not like one little segment precludes this possibility. It seems like Trips's "Best for Business" axiom can be used to answer away any non-sensical behavior (hence why he and Orton are now BFFs). But Heyman joining the McH just seems to make sense. It transitions Punk to feud with the McH and gives the McH access to Lesnar whenever he's available.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TruthTellers
^ I started to get the tiniest of inklings that the exchange between Trips and Heyman could possibly be the planting of seedlings of a Heyman face turn. Heyman, in storyline, does not like the McMahon's or Triple H for that matter, and Heyman is really the only guy who could match wits with the Cerebral Assassin leading me to think that a Heyman Guy's stable vs the McH could be a possibility... a very small, microscopic, size of an electron possibility. A Heyman face turn necessitates a turn for a Lesnar, who would be a great anti-hero, as long as Heyman is his manager, and a Punk heel turn, seeing as how Punk despises Heyman, he would join the McH and be a "spoke on the wheel" and be the main guy to oppose Bryan, the newest Heyman guy. Either a Heyman face turn or we could have two massive heel stables in the McH and the Heyman Guys combining their powers against a Punk, Bryan, RVD, a returning Cena, a retiring Undertaker, a one time only returning HBK and Stone Cold to form a Wolfpack-lite stable to oppose the two Mega Powers heel stables.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 pokajabba
I enjoyed that RAW, but can anybody explain why there were random Y2J chants at one point. It didn't seem like the type of rowdy crowd that would randomly chant different things, so I was quite taken aback when those chants started for a brief moment.

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes - *** 1/2

Rob Van Dam vs Damien Sandow - ***

Probably my favourite part of the show came from that segment when Cody Rhodes was leaving the building. The guy rarely gets many backstage interviews and he really seemed like he was on top of his game when Josh Mathews asked him those questions. 
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Probably my favourite part of the show came from that segment when Cody Rhodes was leaving the building. The guy rarely gets many backstage interviews and he really seemed like he was on top of his game when Josh Mathews asked him those questions. pokajabba

Yeah when it happened I said it was a great interview by him. I wish we were able to see that side of Cody more often.

I enjoyed that RAW, but can anybody explain why there were random Y2J chants at one point. It didn't seem like the type of rowdy crowd that would randomly chant different things, so I was quite taken aback when those chants started for a brief moment. pokajabba

I don't know, I think they were just bored with the segment or something. It seems like Raw crowds more often than not these days try to be "wacky" at one point or another even if they're not a particularly rowdy crowd. Just be glad we got through a show without the crowd trying to force those chants for the announcers again. 

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts

I think they just wanted a surprise reunion of JeriShow to make the save / rail against Steph.

Cody Rhodes' backstage segment *****  

-CoMBaT-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 -CoMBaT-
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts

I enjoyed that RAW, but can anybody explain why there were random Y2J chants at one point. It didn't seem like the type of rowdy crowd that would randomly chant different things, so I was quite taken aback when those chants started for a brief moment.pokajabba

Well, Stephanie was on screen at the time and who has insulted her as much as Jericho? The man has all kinds of details about her, ranging from her home planet to her prior choices in men such as the popcorn vendor in the 15th row.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pokajabba
^Ha ha XD

I wonder if Louie is still an employee of the WWE? More importantly, I wonder if he is still getting some from the filthy, dirty, disgusting, brutal, bottom-feeding trash-bag hoooooooooe!!!
FruityPebble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FruityPebble
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="pokajabba"]I enjoyed that RAW, but can anybody explain why there were random Y2J chants at one point. It didn't seem like the type of rowdy crowd that would randomly chant different things, so I was quite taken aback when those chants started for a brief moment. JML897

I don't know, I think they were just bored with the segment or something. It seems like Raw crowds more often than not these days try to be "wacky" at one point or another even if they're not a particularly rowdy crowd. Just be glad we got through a show without the crowd trying to force those chants for the announcers again. 

There were impersonators in the crowd of different wrestlers, and the crowd was chanting for each one of them. The camera never picked them up.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#61 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
On to Impact, wonder if the crowd will do DB Yes chants again in the impact zone.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TruthTellers
^ If only WWE fans would chant "WE WANT JOE!" then we'd be in business.
RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

2 to go

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points