Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

wwe.com five point preview:

CM Punk faces Curtis Axel tonight. WWE, stop trying to make Curtis Axel happen. It's not going to happen.

The feud between the Shield and Henry/Big Show will continue

I forgot that last week had RVD and Ricardo Rodriguez join forces. What a weirdass team. 

Where is Kane???

And then obviously more Orton/D-Bry/Corporation stuff

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
CM Punk faces Curtis Axel tonight. WWE, stop trying to make Curtis Axel happen. It's not going to happen. JML897
THANK YOU!!! I've been saying that for months. Curtis Axel just does not have it. Lesnar did, Punk did, but Axel does not connect with the crowd like a charismatic Punk or intimidating Lesnar do.
I forgot that last week had RVD and Ricardo Rodriguez join forces. What a weirdass team.JML897
Yeah, it's a half baked pairing.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
Who wants to bet that Daniel Bryan wrecks that car later? ;)
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TruthTellers
Look at Paul's generosity, giving Randy a Cavalcade. I mean, Randy's been a top star for WWE for nearly a decade, he could never afford that type of vehicle by himself.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TruthTellers
Who wants to bet that Daniel Bryan wrecks that car later? ;)pokajabba
He should be total gangsta and steal the car and sell it to a chop shop. Anyway, I guess Cadillac is a WWE friendly company.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TruthTellers
Oh Gawd. Triple H singing Disney songs. That's worse than his acting in The Chaperone.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pokajabba
Decent segment.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
Awesome! Another Daniel Bryan gaunlet match! :D
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TruthTellers
^ Yeah, but Triple H kicks off yet another Raw with a 20+ min promo. DB should have gotten the promo time and been interrupted by Triple H. I'm starting to get the feeling that this Bryan-Corporation feud is more for getting over a heel Triple H and not for getting over a face Daniel Bryan. Also, Randy is completely irrelevant. He says nothing and does nothing most of the time.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Full_Metal1923
The promo didn't bother me that much. Daniel Bryan is over as you can be right now, and Triple H still gets a pop despite what he's being doing, so I think, in this case at least, it is necessary to get a heel Triple H over. Having him interrupt Daniel Bryan would just feel old. Not to say that what we got was anything special, but it's just a played out set-up that's become far too predictable. As for Orton... we're probably going to get an awesome match from him with Christian. *shrugs*
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TruthTellers
I just hope this main event status for DB is not just WWE buying time with injuries to Cena and Sheamus. Punk's involved in his feud with Heyman, there's no Rock, Lesnar, or Undertaker to do anything either. The depth chart drops to Bryan and Orton to carry the flagship show for now which is okay for now since the last 4 months of the year is usually a lull period for WWE.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Me, I'm digging the New McMahon-Helmsley Era. DB's getting in good lines and WWE's playing to his strengths for the most part. Meanwhile, Trips is great at "playing" a condescending jerk. I don't have a problem with Orton's role either. He may not compare with the Rock as a Corporate Champion, but as a Corporate Puppet, it's rather hard to screw up. Stand there, nod, suck up to the boss and have great matches with the likes of DB and Christian and I'm cool with things.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TruthTellers
Orton's no Rock from 1998-99. That was Rock in "Beast Mode" during the middle of his career, Orton is at the end of his. But yeah, it doesn't take much to be the Corp champion, but I'd rather see a newer guy in that role, like Alberto Del Rio that way Triple H could do all the talking for him.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Dude14
Also, I think the fact that Daniel Bryan came back with a fury to the main event after about a year in tag team purgatory has done a lot to elevate his stature in the eyes of WWE. He may well be there to buy time until the "big guns" return from injury, but so what man? He's still there. Enjoy the ****in' ride while it lasts, instead of missing all the fun looking ahead. Mick Foley had a hell of a career as a "buy time" guy
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TruthTellers
Wow, Heyman is really, REALLY bald.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Dude14
The only thing missing from that segment was someone a lot more interesting than Axel to be Heyman's muscle... meaning just about anybody else. I feel a little bad for Axel... he's just so out of place.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TruthTellers
Oh, I do enjoy seeing Bryan in this role, but I always look ahead to predict what's coming next. It's just the way I am. I was thinking earlier today about how far Bryan Danielson has come in his entire career and how uncanny it is that's he went from absolutely nothing to WWE main eventer. It's the typical rags to riches story, but even though it's a typical story, it's still deserving of respect and deserving of being told. Every fan of wrestling should be proud of Bryan Danielson, a guy whose fought adversity with his lack of size, who never used drugs (that we know of), who has risen to the top by none other than his sheer love of what he does.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]The only thing missing from that segment was someone a lot more interesting than Axel to be Heyman's muscle... meaning just about anybody else. I feel a little bad for Axel... he's just so out of place.

Axel is the antithesis of Daniel Bryan: he got where he is today solely because of his name. He represents a lot of what's wrong with wrestling.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Dude14
Damn Natalya's music! There's no logical reason for me to believe that Bret Hart in his prime is going to come out, but there's always that rush for just a second.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Full_Metal1923
The only thing missing from that segment was someone a lot more interesting than Axel to be Heyman's muscle... meaning just about anybody else. I feel a little bad for Axel... he's just so out of place.The_Dude14
I wish he was replaced with Barrett. Not only is he more intimidating than Axel, but it would also give him some much deserved spotlight - that won't be wasted seeing that Barrett actually has a personality.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TruthTellers
I don't think AJ watched Total Divas last night.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Full_Metal1923

SPEAK THE TRUTH AJ!

Edit: SHUT THE F*** UP BELLA TWINS AND RED HEADED LADY!  

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JML897
Was that supposed to be a heel promo because all that did was make me love AJ
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]The only thing missing from that segment was someone a lot more interesting than Axel to be Heyman's muscle... meaning just about anybody else. I feel a little bad for Axel... he's just so out of place.Full_Metal1923
I wish he was replaced with Barrett. Not only is he more intimidating than Axel, but it would also give him some much deserved spotlight - that won't be wasted seeing that Barrett actually has a personality.

Barrett personifies Extreme much more than Axel does; Barrett has the fighter background and he needs the push much more than Axel does. Axel doesn't need Heyman, because even with him, he is still going nowhere, whereas Barrett with Heyman would go somewhere.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pokajabba
Wow, AJ Lee actually made the woman's division feel legitimate for a moment then. That was great mic work.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TruthTellers
Was that supposed to be a heel promo because all that did was make me love AJJML897
And it made me hate the Bella's even more. They sounded like a bunch of chickens.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Dude14
WTF? Was that just a Divas' Pipebomb?
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Full_Metal1923

Was that supposed to be a heel promo because all that did was make me love AJJML897

Pipe bomb? 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JML897

[QUOTE="JML897"]Was that supposed to be a heel promo because all that did was make me love AJTruthTellers
And it made me hate the Bella's even more. They sounded like a bunch of chickens.

The Bellas are probably my least favorite divas that have ever been in WWE, I can't stand them

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"][QUOTE="JML897"]Was that supposed to be a heel promo because all that did was make me love AJJML897

The Bellas are probably my least favorite divas that have ever been in WWE, I can't stand them

I've hated them for so long. They have no talents at all other than looking attractive. Makes me tremble a little bit seeing JoJo and the other girl knowing that they may be the future of WWE's diva division. Hopefully, WWE realizes that those two are valets at best and girls like AJ and Britani Knight are the future.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Dude14
Barrett really would make a great Paul Heyman guy. I was hoping Barrett would work into a spot in the new McH Era, but the Shield seems to be filling that role. As glad as I am to see RVD looking to get a legit shot at the Super IC Title (or more likely fed to Del Rio), I really want him to get involved in the Punk-Heyman feud before it runs it's course. RVD would seem ideal to team with Punk against Heyman, being they could both qualify as scorned Paul Heyman guys. Plus, if I'm writing it, Punk would lose a match that would make him a Paul Heyman guy again, leading to my RVD-Punk feud.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TruthTellers
Hey Dude: you seem to have very well thought out creative ideas for WWE, why don't you send them a resume?
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TruthTellers
^ Actually don't answer that question. Once I re-read "well thought" I came to my senses.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TruthTellers
I don't know how you guys feel, but I still get a thrill out of seeing RVD back in WWE even though he's been back for a month.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Dude14
I don't know how you guys feel, but I still get a thrill out of seeing RVD back in WWE even though he's been back for a month.TruthTellers
It's going much better than I anticipated. RVD looks motivated (and that makes all the difference with him)and I really appreciate the way WWE's treating him. I hope both hold up for a while longer.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Dude14
Anybody got odds on RR betraying RVD to ADR at NOC?
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Full_Metal1923

Bella Twins, attractive? Can I be serious for a moment? ...ewwww! 

Now onto the subject of women with talent, when is Paige going to graduate form NXT alreadY?  

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TruthTellers
Either Ryback isn't healthy or WWE Creative has the worst booking ideas for him ever. Ryback was over-pushed last year, and now he's fallen farther than Heath Slater's man boobs.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JML897

Anybody got odds on RR betraying RVD to ADR at NOC?The_Dude14

I don't see it happening.
I wouldn't be totally surprised to see RVD win. Why not? Nobody gives a shit about Del Rio and maybe they have a Sandow run planned for the near future.

Bella Twins, attractive? Can I be serious for a moment? ...ewwww!

Full_Metal1923

Agreed

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TruthTellers
Anybody got odds on RR betraying RVD to ADR at NOC?The_Dude14
10:1 odds he stabs RVD in the back. Unless this is WWE's attempt to move RR into in-ring action against Del Rio himself, but separating RR and ADR is destructive to Del Rio who I believe WWE will protect at all costs.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Full_Metal1923

Either Ryback isn't healthy or WWE Creative has the worst booking ideas for him ever. Ryback was over-pushed last year, and now he's fallen farther than Heath Slater's man boobs.TruthTellers

In the weeks leading up to Raw 1000, I actually liked Heath Slater. Boy have things changed. Point is, Ryback is back where he started - filler.  

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Dude14
Either Ryback isn't healthy or WWE Creative has the worst booking ideas for him ever. Ryback was over-pushed last year, and now he's fallen farther than Heath Slater's man boobs.TruthTellers
I'm not looking gift horses in the mouth on that one. If WWE doesn't screw the pooch by turning Ryback heel, Daniel Bryan is probably wrestling ADR or being fed to the Wyatts.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JML897
I still like Heath Slater and the rest of 3MB. They're exactly where they should be on the card and I find their silliness entertaining
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Full_Metal1923

I still like Heath Slater and the rest of 3MB. They're exactly where they should be on the card and I find their silliness entertainingJML897

I don't mind their position in the company, but I feel like they could be doing more! Why don't we actually see them do a "music video," or try to put on a "concert" for the audience? There is so much potential for comic relief with those guys, but all they do is lose matches. On its own, it's just a waste of a gimmick.  

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]Anybody got odds on RR betraying RVD to ADR at NOC?JML897

I don't see it happening.
I wouldn't be totally surprised to see RVD win. Why not? Nobody gives a shit about Del Rio and maybe they have a Sandow run planned for the near future

Now there's an interesting idea.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]Either Ryback isn't healthy or WWE Creative has the worst booking ideas for him ever. Ryback was over-pushed last year, and now he's fallen farther than Heath Slater's man boobs.The_Dude14
I'm not looking gift horses in the mouth on that one. If WWE doesn't screw the pooch by turning him heel, Daniel Bryan is probably wrestling ADR or being fed to the Wyatts.

Face Ryback would be fine against heel Del Rio and heel Ricardo. Face Ryback vs the Shield would be fine because he never really got revenge on them. Face Ryback can work, but Ryback turned heel for one thing: to feud with Cena because Cena had run out of heels to pair up against. Turn Ryback face again and work him up the ladder winning multiple championships like the US, IC, and Tag Titles by himself.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pokajabba
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]I don't know how you guys feel, but I still get a thrill out of seeing RVD back in WWE even though he's been back for a month.The_Dude14
It's going much better than I anticipated. RVD looks motivated (and that makes all the difference with him)and I really appreciate the way WWE's treating him. I hope both hold up for a while longer.

I'm actually pretty surprised how good RVD still is -- especially at this point in his career (Mostly in terms of in-ring work, but perhaps other possible areas). While he may mostly rely upon the nostalgic wrestling moves that helped establish his popularity, I feel he can still put on a better show than a lot of the newer talent right now. He just needs to find someone good to work with. Which is where Alberto Del Rio comes into the equation, as he should be a good opponent for him and they could potentially steal the show at Night Of Champions. I believe Rob Van Dam could easily bring some of the best in-ring work out of Alberto Del Rio (Much like how Christian does) and vice versa -- Meaning RVD could possibly be influenced to perform past the 'nostalgia barrier' he is stuck behind at the moment.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Dude14
I still like Heath Slater and the rest of 3MB. They're exactly where they should be on the card and I find their silliness entertainingJML897
If Drew-Mac had ever shown any indication that his performance in EC 2011 was anything other than a fluke, I might want more for him. I just can't help remembering how people **** all over the Rock and Rave Infection in TNA.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TruthTellers
I mean, when is the last time that WWE had a guy win and hold multiple SINGLE'S titles? Ryback would fit perfectly to do so and in doing so would look like the monster he is. I can see it now: WHC bragging about how great he is and how no one is better than him and out comes Ryback with four belts and says, "If you're so good, why do I have three more belts than you do? BECAUSE RYBACK RULES!"
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

That was an awesome promo by AJ. Parts Pimepomb, parts Wrestlerave. Hopefully this just elevates her to higher places.

Also, the one Daniel Bryan is dating is the pretty one. The other (the one with fake boobs) is weird looking.