Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]Did he just blow out an electric lantern?TheGm86

Where the %#@& have you been? 

Visiting Parts Unknown Has 3MB ever actually won a match?
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 The_Dude14
Los Matadors... That... might just be dumb enough these days to work.The_Dude14
Also begs the question, does Tito (Chico) Santana have a son that's being punished with Dad's old gimmick.
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]Los Matadors... That... might just be dumb enough these days to work.The_Dude14
Also begs the question, does Tito (Chico) Santana have a son that's being punished with Dad's old gimmick.

Heard they are Primo & Epico. 

Make of it what you will.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#54 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
Don't like the Doesy Doe?TheGm86

Ohhhhhh, so that's the name of the thing TruthTellers likes to practice each night when alone with his *cough*sex*cough* doll.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 The_Dude14

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"][QUOTE="The_Dude14"]Los Matadors... That... might just be dumb enough these days to work.TheGm86

Heard they are Primo & Epico. 

Make of it what you will.

At least I won't have to hear their awful entrance music again. This has been an oddly paced show.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pokajabba
This segment would be a lot better if Triple H didn't repeat the same sentence over and over.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
How long can this guy talk?
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

This segment would be a lot better if Triple H didn't repeat the same sentence over and over.pokajabba

That would hardly be a HHH promo now would it.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pokajabba
^Oops, my bad. Wouldn't want to hurt his ego now would I XD
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 pokajabba
Loved the fighting spirit Daniel Bryan brought to the table and enjoyed this segment overall. I feel something was missing though, and I can't quite put my finger on it. There were some decent moments to this RAW, but like The_Dude said, the pacing felt rather off.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 The_Dude14
The somewhat rambling nature of Trip's initial promo was a slight flaw, but I loved that segment. Among the things I loved about that segment, Trips calling DB "a nice little technical wrestler", Orton's look during Steph's hug, and Trips urging Bryan to get in the ring after the Shield's beat down. So far so good with the McMahon-Helmsley Reality.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I was really entertained by that show
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 pokajabba
This begs the ultimate question -- Just which storyline/segment felt stronger to you guys personally? Did you prefer where things were going with Paul Heyman and CM Punk, or perhaps you found Daniel Bryan vs The McMahons to be the strongest thing going tonight. I am going with Daniel Bryan vs The McMahons. I feel the only thing that may have been missing during that segment was a certain ferocity on Bryan's part, but he established a brilliant fighting spirit nonetheless.
Ocelot619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ocelot619
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts
I fouht the show was prety crappy but whatever
Ocelot619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ocelot619
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts
This begs the ultimate question -- Just which storyline/segment felt stronger to you guys personally? Did you prefer where things were going with Paul Heyman and CM Punk, or perhaps you found Daniel Bryan vs The McMahons to be the strongest thing going tonight. I am going with Daniel Bryan vs The McMahons. I feel the only thing that may have been missing during that segment was a certain ferocity on Bryan's part, but he established a brilliant fighting spirit nonetheless.pokajabba

Heyman-punk
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 The_Dude14
This begs the ultimate question -- Just which storyline/segment felt stronger to you guys personally? Did you prefer where things were going with Paul Heyman and CM Punk, or perhaps you found Daniel Bryan vs The McMahons to be the strongest thing going tonight. I am going with Daniel Bryan vs The McMahons. I feel the only thing that may have been missing during that segment was a certain ferocity on Bryan's part, but he established a brilliant fighting spirit nonetheless.pokajabba
DB vs the McMahons is a little stronger, IMO. It's fresher and there's so many places it can go with potential. With Punk-Heyman, while the delightfully personal nature of the feud and fire is there, without Lesnar it loses a lot of steam. Axel is just not a strong proxy when Lesnar isn't around.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
During the last segment while Triple H was talking, I was watching Vince the entire time realizing that, had this been ten years earlier, that would have been Vince talking and that Vince has finally passed the torch, at least in an on-screen authority role, to Triple H. The look on Vince's face and his body language told me that he was completely comfortable and confidant in Triple H jumping into this new position and that Vince, who turns 68 on Saturday (the day of my birthday hangover), is getting ready to put those awful sport coats on mothballs. I don't know how Vince is going to go out; I believe that unlike the norm around WWE being big sendoffs, Vince is just going to be there one day and the next he won't. Days will turn into month's and the month's into years and you'll come to the realization that you'll never see him again. He'll go into the sunset and try to catch up on the last 30 years of the world because for all the money he's made, he's spent every hour on building his company and the world has passed him by.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TruthTellers
Raw was okay tonight. I'm starting to get tired of the Heyman-Punk feud, and there was no reason for Punk to cuss out the fan who booed him. Punk starting to lose popularity points with me, especially following his assault on the fan last year and now this recent outburst. It seems that Punk's been on edge lately, following his hiatus after Wrestlemania, which was to heal his banged up knee, but also him claiming to be "burnt out" Punk just looks to be dissatisfied with his standing in WWE. I don't see why he's not content: he's getting paid big bucks, he's banging Lita, the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, etc. Anyway, ADR vs RVD is gonna ROCK! These two guys are insanely athletic, but I don't think Ricardo should be involved in this feud at all. Shame to see that Ziggler is still getting buried. Who'd he piss off? PTP turns face... overnight. Okay... Please release all of 3MB. Sin Cara is sad. Rhodes and Sandow should be Smackdown only. WTF is up with Ryback? He was pushed so hard last year only to be stuck with a bully gimmick. Goes to show that Creative just doesn't know how to book people. It's amazing that fans still watch with all the booking mistakes WWE has made the past 2 to 3 years. The only one that seems to have worked out is DB's and the jury is still out on that.
SAVE_US_KYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SAVE_US_KYJ
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

Shame to see that Ziggler is still getting buried. Who'd he piss off?TruthTellers

If you think that was a burial you clearly don't know much about wrestling.

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

The Corporation's Champion, whom Triple H referred to as "the future of the WWE", is a man who's been in the company longer than John Cena has.

Makes sense. 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 JML897

The Corporation's Champion, whom Triple H referred to as "the future of the WWE", is a man who's been in the company longer than John Cena has.

Makes sense. 

Redders1989

If you actually think hard about this storyline there are a lot of plotholes. At least it's entertaining. 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"] Shame to see that Ziggler is still getting buried. Who'd he piss off?SAVE_US_KYJ

Really? Going from a WHC reign to a beat down by the Shield in less than two months isn't a burial? You don't know sh*t about wrestling. Now get the f*ck outta here b*tch.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 pokajabba
^Somebody's turning into cryceaye5 XD
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JML897
[QUOTE="SAVE_US_KYJ"]

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"] Shame to see that Ziggler is still getting buried. Who'd he piss off?TruthTellers

Really? Going from a WHC reign to a beat down by the Shield in less than two months isn't a burial? You don't know sh*t about wrestling. Now get the f*ck outta here b*tch.

He was beaten in a 3-on-1 handicap match. That sort of thing could have happened to Stone Cold at the height of his popularity if he pissed Vince off or something. 

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 The_Dude14
IMO, last night was a considerable step up for Ziggler. Getting involved with the McMahon-Helmsley story is vastly preferable to continuing his feud with AJ and Big E. But I wouldn't be getting too worked up over whatever WWE does with Ziggler. If Daniel Bryan grades out at a "B+", I think WWE grades Ziggler as a "C". I haven't seen any indication that WWE has any confidence in Ziggler as anything more than a nice talent to have around.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 pokajabba
I know Ziggler didn't get a huge reign or anything, but during the short amount of time he was champion he did nothing new, nor interesting. I dunno about you guys, but shouldn't some of the most interesting stuff happen just after you win a championship? That's usually when you would be at your freshest. Then when you begin to get stale, somebody new takes the lead and they spend time building towards the title switch from the challengers perspective. 

Ziggler can have some really good matches from time to time, but I feel people just want to see him champion for the sake of it, rather than having any rhyme or reason for wanting him to be at the top. Now I'd like to see where he goes while being a face, as it feels quite fresh for the moment. He may begin to show signs of someone who can wear the championship and feel legitimate -- if his recent 'good guy' stance gets built on correctly. Honestly though, his first title reign felt rather empty, even before things started going wrong for him.

Now to get on the subject of Ziggler being buried or whatever. I'm honestly surprised anyone could look at what's been happening to him lately and call that burying. Look at all of the other talent on roster and check-out how horribly treated they are (People like Rhodes, Antonio, Christian, and Wade Barret), and it becomes apparent (At least to me) that Ziggler is being treated like royalty in comparison. His match with The Shield the other night made him look pretty strong. He stood his ground and put on a strong performance. Saying he's been buried because of that would be like saying Austin got buried when he took on the McMahons in that Handicap match from king Of The Ring 1999 (Prior to that he lost the WWF Championship to The Undertaker). 

Obviously this is just how I personally feel about the subject :P
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JML897

I haven't seen any indication that WWE has any confidence in Ziggler as anything more than a nice talent to have around.The_Dude14

To be perfectly honest that's kinda how I've felt about Ziggler lately. For a midcard guy he's pretty good but I don't have much interest in seeing him as one of the top guys.

Like...he's competent and he has no huge flaws. If he's in a match with another solid wrestler you know the match will at least be fine. He's decent enough on the mic but he also never delivers any truly memorable promos. I think his current place on the card is more or less where he should be most of the time.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JML897

I know Ziggler didn't get a huge reign or anything, but during the short amount of time he was champion he did nothing new, nor interesting. I dunno about you guys, but shouldn't some of the most interesting stuff happen just after you win a championship? That's usually when you would be at your freshest. Then when you begin to get stale, somebody new takes the lead and they spend time building towards the title switch from the challengers perspective.pokajabba

To be fair to Ziggler his reign was kinda f*cked right from the beginning since he got injured right after winning the belt. Maybe they had somthing interesting planned but threw everything out the window after that (especially since concussions are different from other injuries where you don't know just how soon the guy will be fully healthy, etc). 

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 pokajabba
^On the basis of that (I didn't realize he was already injured straight away), WWE could have instead built Ziggler in a different way. For instance, everyone already knows he can be pretty good in the ring, so this would seem like a logical moment to make him feel stronger as a character and not just as a wrestler.

Back in 2003 Triple H was severely injured and couldn't really compete in any matches (Hence how he won the Summerslam Elimination Chamber without much participation), and due to this WWE kept him restricted to mic work. Now Triple H isn't the best when it comes to mic work, but he does 'feel' legitimate as a champion and can display the ferocious nature of his character when talking into the mic. I mean people complain that he was champion for too long, rather than because he was actually a 'bad' champion around that time. At least his mic work was decent enough to buy him time for when he was ready to compete again. It certainly was nowhere close to becoming the best mic work, but he still 'felt' legitimate. I feel they should have taken Ziggler down that sort-of route (IMO).
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TruthTellers
Like...he's competent and he has no huge flaws. If he's in a match with another solid wrestler you know the match will at least be fine. He's decent enough on the mic but he also never delivers any truly memorable promos.JML897
This describes Orton perfectly. Yet, he's an eight time champion and has been with WWE a few years more than Ziggler.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JML897

[QUOTE="JML897"]Like...he's competent and he has no huge flaws. If he's in a match with another solid wrestler you know the match will at least be fine. He's decent enough on the mic but he also never delivers any truly memorable promos.TruthTellers
This describes Orton perfectly. Yet, he's an eight time champion and has been with WWE a few years more than Ziggler.

That's a pretty good point. Maybe that's why I dislike Orton so much, he was always at the top of the card despite the fact that he's always just been "okay". Talent-wise he was replaceable but WWE didn't seem to think so.

I do think what he's doing now is pretty interesting though. 

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 The_Dude14
Chalk it up to the arbitrary nature of WWE. Orton was one of WWE's "chosen ones" from practically the first day he stepped out on TV, even more than Cena and only slightly less than Lesnar. Then you consider Ziggler, who started out in the Spirit Squad. It's kind of the case of the guy a sports team uses a first round draft pick on versus the over-achieving 7th rounder. Right or wrong, teams tend to give the first rounder every benefit of the doubt for a variety of reason. Orton was a first rounder, Ziggler's your 7th.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
The last three years may not have produced many memorable Orton moments on the mic, but his heel promos back in 2009 were incredible.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TruthTellers
Orton was a third gen wrestler born into the business. As is the case with EVERY FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS, it's not what you know, but who you know. Sorry, people getting preferential treatment over hard working people who just aren't as fortunate p*ss me right the f*ck off.
Avatar image for StaticKornSlipX
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 StaticKornSlipX
Member since 2003 • 8261 Posts
Orton was a third gen wrestler born into the business. As is the case with EVERY FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS, it's not what you know, but who you know. Sorry, people getting preferential treatment over hard working people who just aren't as fortunate p*ss me right the f*ck off.TruthTellers
Well, I hope Natalya gets some more preferential treatment because that woman can wrestle.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]Orton was a third gen wrestler born into the business. As is the case with EVERY FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS, it's not what you know, but who you know. Sorry, people getting preferential treatment over hard working people who just aren't as fortunate p*ss me right the f*ck off.StaticKornSlipX
Well, I hope Natalya gets some more preferential treatment because that woman can wrestle.

Are you kidding me? Natalya is one of the top Divas I want released because of how horribly she's been treated and booked. If I could ever speak to her in person, I'd tell her, "Hey baby. I know the money is good, but you've got a talent few others have and for you to sacrifice that talent and your dignity solely for a good paycheck is an insult to yourself. You're better than this and you know it. Money isn't everything and you can find other ways to make good money in the future, but once you lose your dignity, you'll never get it back. Now, can I see your t*ts please?"
Avatar image for StaticKornSlipX
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 StaticKornSlipX
Member since 2003 • 8261 Posts
[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="TruthTellers"]Orton was a third gen wrestler born into the business. As is the case with EVERY FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS, it's not what you know, but who you know. Sorry, people getting preferential treatment over hard working people who just aren't as fortunate p*ss me right the f*ck off.TruthTellers

Are you kidding me? Natalya is one of the top Divas I want released because of how horribly she's been treated and booked. If I could ever speak to her in person, I'd tell her, "Hey baby. I know the money is good, but you've got a talent few others have and for you to sacrifice that talent and your dignity solely for a good paycheck is an insult to yourself. You're better than this and you know it. Money isn't everything and you can find other ways to make good money in the future, but once you lose your dignity, you'll never get it back. Now, can I see your t*ts please?"

She could threaten to leave because she does have a crucial role behind the scenes, training the other divas to wrestle. Maybe that would get her better storylines which means ending bizarre love triangle she has going on. Ultimately, I don't really see her getting released. She could back out of her contract but she's too much of professional to do that. I guess the one good thing that could come out of Total Divas is seeing her in more matches. I hope we continue seeing more of her and less of Khali and Hornswoggle....
Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

For being virtual nobodys, and having no real face turn, PTP as faces were pretty damn over for their postion, all things considered.

Granted, it was a good crowd on Monday. 

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro on NXt, 2/3 Falls tonight!!!! 
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Full_Metal1923
DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THAT? HOLY CRAP!! I honestly wasn't sure about this after the first two falls, but as one whole match, HOLY CRAP!!!!! That's all I can say right now. Frickin' AWESOME! :D
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 JML897
I'll watch later, I heard really good things about that match
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Full_Metal1923
Despite its length, it packs a lot in there. Let us know what you think! :D
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts

Ending of Zayn vs. Cesaro

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]  

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 pokajabba
If anyone can link the match it would be much appreciated (Couldn't find it on youtube) :)
FruityPebble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 FruityPebble
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
NXT is now FREE on Hulu.Â