Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

...I feel like bashing him, so how about it? :)

Besides, with all of the Triple H bashing that appears to have happened lately in the IWC, I think it should plain be reminded that the dude, to steal pharse, "is not the lone gunman." :idea:

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

I don't have too much to bash Taker on these days. I mean, sure, the ol' "doesn't lose" chestnut's still there. And the bi-yearly comeback hasn't changed. And his entrance still hasn't ended. Everyone still has to look that they are about to pee themselves when he appears to make him look good. His mystic powers are still dumb. But, the guy did give Edge an unexpected win. He's also wrestling at about the highest and most consistent level in his career, ya know, when he's wrestling, so I'm a little kinder to him these days.

Maybe its because I haven't been forced to hear a Colegasm for Taker in a while.

BadMrSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BadMrSnake
Member since 2005 • 2500 Posts
Can't wait to see him lose his win streak to Dibiase at wrestlemania!
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Link256

I don't have too much to bash Taker on these days. I mean, sure, the ol' "doesn't lose" chestnut's still there. And the bi-yearly comeback hasn't changed. And his entrance still hasn't ended. Everyone still has to look that they are about to pee themselves when he appears to make him look good. His mystic powers are still dumb. But, the guy did give Edge an unexpected win. He's also wrestling at about the highest and most consistent level in his career, ya know, when he's wrestling, so I'm a little kinder to him these days.

Maybe its because I haven't been forced to hear a Colegasm for Taker in a while.

The_Dude14

No, I think you are right, and right on all of what you say. Not to mention, all bias aside, while sense of legit threat was not there as it was some what with Randy Orton, I thought they did great job at the WrestleMania 24 of selling the idea that Edge kept getting closer, and closer, to ending The Undertaker's streak, but just could not quiet do it. And therefore, I will admit that I would say Edge was put over by The Undertaker in that instance, as well.

Whatever the case, I suppose my point of my thread is that just get annoyed when people act if Triple H is the "lone gunman," regardless of the fact that, yes, as of late, both Shawn Michaels, and The Undertaker, have been doing what is right for the business.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Dude14

Whatever the case, I suppose my point of my thread is that just get annoyed when people act if Triple H is the "lone gunman," regardless of the fact that, yes, as of late, both Shawn Michaels, and The Undertaker, have been doing what is right for the business.Link256
My internal jury's still out on HBK, right now. I'm definately not giving him a thumbs up until after Jericho walks out of... whatever that next PPV is, with the big gold belt.

And with both Taker-Edge and HBK-Jericho, I think it is as much a testament to the talent of Edge and Jericho that they've not just been able to get away unscathed, but actually get elevated from their feuds as it is HBK and Taker "doing the right thing." Neither Edge nor Jericho are sporting an impressive win-loss against Taker and HBK, respectively. I've maintained that when Triple H wants to put someone over, the man does it right (To this day, does Trips have a win against Batista?) (Also, I still call BS on Trips "putting over" Jeff at Armageddon).

I mean, with me, you're preaching to the choir when it comes to, for whatever reason, HBK and Taker getting a free pass where Trips does not (I mean I am apparently the one person on this planet that hates HBK-Flair and I place the blame for that completely on the shoulders of HBK). I agree completely.

Of course, I'd wager that part of it lies in the fact that, of those three, only one of them has a stranglehold on a big gold belt right now.

Also, I honestly wish WWE would at least dub in some new commentary on the Edge-Taker Wrestlemania match on DVD, if not go crazy and dub in some crowd noise. I really liked that match, but it is so handicapped by the Cole-Coach team, in addition to the flat crowd. The effort in the ring deserves to be remembered as a classic, and it is the things outside of the wrestlers' control that keeps that match underrated.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Link256

I mean I am apparently the one person on this planet that hates HBK-Flair and I place the blame for that completely on the shoulders of HBK.

The_Dude14

While I would say the match was vastly overrated, and that build flat-out sucked, I think "hate" is too strong of word. The only emotion in the match was pre-set emotion of legacy of Ric Flair, and that is it. That was going to be there, even if there was zero build. And even if that were the case, I do not see how Shawn Michaels is too blame?

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Dude14

I do not see how Shawn Michaels is too blame?Link256
I had a big write-up of why I hated the match and HBK's role in that right around when I watched 24 (you may have been out of the game at the time), but the Cliff Notes of it is that I thought HBK stole Flair's thunder. I don't think it was necessarily intentional, in fact I believe the intentions were the opposite, but when HBK busts out a ridiculous moonsault stunt, among other things, he takes the focus off Flair and puts it on himself, which gather him support from the crowd. Along with the absolutely ****ty build and the complete impossibility of Flair winning, there were only about seven total seconds of the match where people bought Flair might have a shot. Not at all aided by HBK's ability to survive any submission 8 years longer than any other man.

When HBK storms off at the end, I believe the intention is to give Flair the spotlight, but it reminded me so much of Montreal in 97.

I think that HBK was just, flat out, the wrong opponent when it was all said and done. It should have been a heel who could have put the focus on Flair. I hated that it was "poor, conflicted" HBK vs Flair.

And there may not be a thing in wrestling I hate more than "I'm sorry, I love you." I just ****ing hated that (Conversely, Batista's "I'm not sorry. I don't love you" is one of my favorites).

Plus, no Flair flop in his last match?

kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts

[QUOTE="Link256"]I do not see how Shawn Michaels is too blame?The_Dude14

I had a big write-up of why I hated the match and HBK's role in that right around when I watched 24 (you may have been out of the game at the time), but the Cliff Notes of it is that I thought HBK stole Flair's thunder. I don't think it was necessarily intentional, in fact I believe the intentions were the opposite, but when HBK busts out a ridiculous moonsault stunt, among other things, he takes the focus off Flair and puts it on himself, which gather him support from the crowd. Along with the absolutely ****ty build and the complete impossibility of Flair winning, there were only about seven total seconds of the match where people bought Flair might have a shot. Not at all aided by HBK's ability to survive any submission 8 years longer than any other man.

When HBK storms off at the end, I believe the intention is to give Flair the spotlight, but it reminded me so much of Montreal in 97.

I think that HBK was just, flat out, the wrong opponent when it was all said and done. It should have been a heel who could have put the focus on Flair. I hated that it was "poor, conflicted" HBK vs Flair.

And there may not be a thing in wrestling I hate more than "I'm sorry, I love you." I just ****ing hated that (Conversely, Batista's "I'm not sorry. I don't love you" is one of my favorites).

Plus, no Flair flop in his last match?

Dude WWE failz horrible in creating heelz we enjoy..other than ortan/morrison/shelton to name a few WWE Tends to make the guys who standout faces.John cena was suppose turn back heel 2 summers ago...same for Batista.The publuic doesnt wanna watch a bunch of muscle heads run around saving the world.Remember NWO,The Nation(rocks version),the Corpration and Mcmahon& Helmsley. viewership was at an all time high becuz act like that.but it sadden me the wwe will never regain ther form
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Shelton Benjamin? A good heel? Wow. My perception of "good" must be wrong

Anyways, enough with the Taker/HBK bashing. Let's tear Carlito, Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, and HHH a new one.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Link256

Anyways, enough with the Taker/HBK bashing. Let's tear Carlito, Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, and HHH a new one.

sephy37

Sounds good, beyond Trips.

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#12 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

sephy37

Carlito -Doesn't work hard enough (or maybe thats just me)

Ken Kennedy - Gets injured too much

Jeff Hardy - Gets high too much (for WWE's liking)

HHH - ...Triple H...

That is all.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Dude14

Anyways, enough with the Taker/HBK bashing. Let's tear Carlito, Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, and HHH a new one.sephy37

Carlito- Who?

Kennedy- I might... have more... to bash him on... if... he wasn't... hurt all the dame time... time.

Jeff Hardy- I want Matt

HHH- ...

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link256

You know, stupid as those Halloween entrances were on one hand, on the other, in my humble opinion, it did help to add speculate feeling that WrestleMania is known for.

Otherwise, with the way Trips looked, the only way they could have hit the nail harder on the head is if they had him come out as Alexander The Great.

[QUOTE="sephy37"]Anyways, enough with the Taker/HBK bashing. Let's tear Carlito, Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, and HHH a new one.Link256
Sounds good, beyond Trips.

You know, I take that back. That piece of ****ing **** BERRIED the **** out of Umaga. Where is the Warrior when you need him? :(

CWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 CWood
Member since 2002 • 3760 Posts
Can't we all agree that Mark Henry is the worst "wrestler" to ever set foot in a wrestling ring?
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="sephy37"] Shelton Benjamin? A good heel? Wow. My perception of "good" must be wrong

Anyways, enough with the Taker/HBK bashing. Let's tear Carlito, Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, and HHH a new one.The_Dude14

Carlito- Who?

Kennedy- I might... have more... to bash him on... if... he wasn't... hurt all the dame time... time.

Jeff Hardy- I want Matt

HHH- ...

Is he really holding bottled water lol

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Link256
Can't we all agree that Mark Henry is the worst "wrestler" to ever set foot in a wrestling ring?CWood
giant.gif picture by ForPhotoStuff
jaxx1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jaxx1980
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts

[QUOTE="CWood"]Can't we all agree that Mark Henry is the worst "wrestler" to ever set foot in a wrestling ring?Link256

Point made I think.

tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts

[QUOTE="Link256"][QUOTE="CWood"]Can't we all agree that Mark Henry is the worst "wrestler" to ever set foot in a wrestling ring?jaxx1980

Point made I think.

Worse then Khali?
jaxx1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jaxx1980
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts
Yeah, I'd argue the case that Giant Gonzales was even worse than Great Khali... the match Gonzalez and Taker had at Wrestlemania was some of the most god-awful work I've seen in a ring. You know it's bad when Taker cant get at least a half decent match out of even some of the most horrible workers in WWE history. Granted, Khali isn't much better, but was at least deemed enough of a performer to get his hands on a World Championship. The overall package for Gonzalez was just abysmal really... but admittedly, Khali's not far behind.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Link256

Yeah, I'd argue the case that Giant Gonzales was even worse than Great Khali... the match Gonzalez and Taker had at Wrestlemania was some of the most god-awful work I've seen in a ring. You know it's bad when Taker cant get at least a half decent match out of even some of the most horrible workers in WWE history. Granted, Khali isn't much better, but was at least deemed enough of a performer to get his hands on a World Championship. The overall package for Gonzalez was just abysmal really... but admittedly, Khali's not far behind.jaxx1980
The mere idea that The Great Khali, in my humble opinion, has not even hit level of sheer suck that WrestleMania 9 match was on, is enough for me to say he is not as bad. That, and for the lack of better way of putting it, I would argue Khali has more mobility than Gonzalez. Otherwise, if there is match worse than that WrestleMania 9 match, which I am not even sure is possible, I do not want to even see it. This match, by itself, is enough to make me wish I were not a wrestling fan. I do not know any other way to put it. Just makes me feel depressed.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Dude14

The thing about Mark Henry that is so inexcusable to me is the fact that he's been a professional wrestler for over a decade now and has shown no noticeable improvement in that time. Mark Henry today wrestles like the Mark Henry of 5 years ago who ain't any better than the Mark Henry when WWE signed him to that ludicrous contract.

Say what you will about Khali, but the guy has improved. Now "improve" is relative and its not like he's improved much, but the guy can at least do what he's supposed to do (which isn't much more than "be big"). He ain't going to busting out 5* matches or 630s, but give him someone who can move around him and he can almost be watchable. I mean there was a time where even f'n HBK couldn't do anything with him.

Also, I'll continue to stick with this Khali>Henry with this: I'll take the Cena-Khali matches over the Angle-Henry matches.

And in both of their defenses, neither had to wear an f'n spraypainted muscle jumpsuit with some kind of hair crotch-underwear thing.

Also, I was slightly amused by the "Taker couldn't carry him" comment. Taker has had plenty of bad matches with good wrestlers