So...Gamespot is kinda screwing us over.

• 57 results
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6413315/?skipmc=1

No more unions. There also won't be any user-created boards so we can't just move WWEv to a UCB. WWEv is gonna be dead whenever Gamespot makes this transition. 

So...what're we gonna do now? Do we just make some sort of wrestling megathread in Off-Topic whenever Gamespot makes this switch? Do we all just go our separate ways? I'll miss WWEv even if it's currently a shell of its former self :/

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
It's absolutely ridiculous that they bring up the reduced user counts for unions. It is their bloody fault that people left GameSpot, many of which who were union members. I have been a member here since 2005 (under different names), and not once have they made any sort of attempt to fix this site or the issues unions have faced. It has only gotten worse, and as such, people have left. It's such a load of BS! 
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897

It's absolutely ridiculous that they bring up the reduced user counts for unions. It is their bloody fault that people left GameSpot, many of which who were union members. I have been a member here since 2005 (under different names), and not once have they made any sort of attempt to fix this site or the issues unions have faced. It has only gotten worse, and as such, people have left. It's such a load of BS! Full_Metal1923

Yeah I completely agree. I remember when the dude who ran the Headcrab Union tried so hard to get Gamespot to make improvements or at least fix unions and Gamespot either ignored him or just said "yeah yeah we'll get to it". That was probably like 7 years ago and they've done nothing about it

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
This news sucks hard. The only reason I joined Gamespot for the most part was to talk about various topics on different Union boards. Other than that, I guess I sometimes watched their reviews?

I really like this Union and have generally enjoyed every moment I was part of it (No matter how quiet it can get at times). Especially when it comes to getting to know you guys, and gradually understanding your views and where you stand when it comes to wrestling. I guess we can all find some sort of way to create an Off-topic megathread like JML897 suggested, or perhaps join/create a board on another site. I have no idea... But I definitely know I don't want this all to end. I mean, there must be something we can do?
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
Go take over a dead social board on GameFaqs.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pokajabba
Edit: Yeah, basically what you said up above. The wrestling megathread would definitely be frustrating because of how many people in OT are anti-wrestling asshats.JML897

Lmao!

Thanks, JML897. I went to check what WOTU had to say about everything, just to find that JML897 is actually one step ahead and really trying to find solutions to this problem. 
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JML897

Okay that wrestling megathread in OT might not be the best of ideas. OT is full of people who like to go "herp derp wrestling is fake" and so I feel like half of that thread would just be arguing over whether it's okay to enjoy wrestling or not.

I'm warming up to the idea of making a forum on proboards, zetaboards, or something like that. The problem is that I also realize we're going to lose members and activity by doing that. We're already a fairly inactive union so losing even more activity would be a problem. For that reason I went over to our "good friends" at WOTU and floated the idea of creating a joint "forum" where the remaining members of both of our unions can talk about wrestling and whatever else. 

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Full_Metal1923

[QUOTE="Full_Metal1923"]It's absolutely ridiculous that they bring up the reduced user counts for unions. It is their bloody fault that people left GameSpot, many of which who were union members. I have been a member here since 2005 (under different names), and not once have they made any sort of attempt to fix this site or the issues unions have faced. It has only gotten worse, and as such, people have left. It's such a load of BS! JML897

Yeah I completely agree. I remember when the dude who ran the Headcrab Union tried so hard to get Gamespot to make improvements or at least fix unions and Gamespot either ignored him or just said "yeah yeah we'll get to it". That was probably like 7 years ago and they've done nothing about it

I think Greg Kasavin was the only one who really paid attention to us, and he split before the whole review scandal happened. I remember when the HeadCrab Union moved out, however, I do not if it still exists. I haven't seen or heard from sntinelrv in a long time.  

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JML897

Well, I'm PMing a dude from WOTU and it sounds like a new forum is definitely going to be made. I think/hope I'll have some input so it can be a fusion of WWEv and WOTU and not just "WOTU 2".

I gotta be realistic though, I don't know how long the new forum will be active. It's probably asking a lot to ask so many people to migrate to a completely new place. I just don't know what other options we have. 

As soon as I get the link I'll post it here

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
Wrestlingforum > Gamespot
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JML897

Most things > gamespot

Fvck wrestlingforum though

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pokajabba
If things ever did get insufferable and it truly does feel like a WOTU 2 board, we could always branch off and make our own place. I mean we will undoubtedly lose a few people in the change as it is, but if we moved away from the other board (Not saying that this is going to happen) there is also the potential to pick a few people up. 

Now I'm not saying we should just immediately branch off, because I'm interested in seeing how this process turns out. That's just making a plan-B in-case of a worst case scenario. I'm looking forward to the prospect of joining other people and the type things we can accomplish together as one team -- not two separate ones. I just hope I'm given the freedom to actually contribute what I enjoyed doing in this union. And I hope others can too.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sephy37

Most things > gamespot

JML897

Who russled your jimmies there? 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JML897

What I was sort-of thinking was that a new forum could have three sections:

1. A general section where we talk about today's wrestling. Raw threads, PPV threads, stuff like that. This will be with WWEv and WOTU members

2. A section where WOTU members post whatever misc. stuff they want

3. A section where WWEv members post whatever misc. stuff we want

People from section 2 would still be able to go in section 3 (and vice versa) but the mods of the WWEv section would be the officers here and the mods of the WOTU section would be WOTU officers. Maybe down the line once people from the two unions get to know each other better we can just merge the sections into one. 

Thoughts? 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897
[QUOTE="JML897"]

Most things > gamespot

sephy37

I don't know. I remember really disliking this one guy who called himself Roman King or something like that. Roman...something

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JML897

Also I haven't really gone there much since I was like a sophomore in HS and even then I only went there to look for pictures of Trish Stratus

That was probably 10 years ago when it was still WEforums

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pokajabba

What I was sort-of thinking was that a new forum could have three sections:

1. A general section where we talk about today's wrestling. Raw threads, PPV threads, stuff like that. This will be with WWEv and WOTU members

2. A section where WOTU members post whatever misc. stuff they want

3. A section where WWEv members post whatever misc. stuff we want

People from section 2 would still be able to go in section 3 (and vice versa) but the mods of the WWEv section would be the officers here and the mods of the WOTU section would be WOTU officers. Maybe down the line once people from the two unions get to know each other better we can just merge the sections into one. 

Thoughts? 

JML897

That actually sounds like a really well thought out idea. Are you sure this other website actually works in that way, though? Because if so, I think it sounds pretty great.

On another subject... I just realized that all of the history here will be deleted and that we won't be able to read old comments. All the memories and moments will go missing. I'm not going to lie, but I actually liked going back (Even to posts that were made before I was part of the union) just to read the kind-of stuff that went on. It's such a shame.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JML897
I think the new board should be able to allow something like that. I'm not totally sure
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pokajabba
I'd just like to point out that I'd be happy to create and pay for a website. I mean I'm not an expert designer, but if JML897 and the people he's talking to on the other end want to explore this idea, I'd certainly be open to helping out with expenses. 
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JML897

Well here's what the new forum looks like right now. The other guy told me not to link anyone else yet so I won't. This is very much a rough draft, we just started it like 15 minutes ago

I'm still not that optimistic about this new forum being a success, but eh

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JML897
And btw knowing Gamespot they still might not kill unions for months. The new board is just so people who want to be a "part of this union" will still have somewhere to go when things do shut down.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sephy37
Where is Keiblerfan (Zach) when you need him? He'd have a board set up in 2 seconds. AND there would be nudes already.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pokajabba

Well here's what the new forum looks like right now. The other guy told me not to link anyone else yet so I won't. This is very much a rough draft, we just started it like 15 minutes ago

JML897

Although it doesn't look like much, it's somewhat accurate to what you said it might become earlier. I won't get my hopes up quite yet, though. At least it sounds like they are giving you some leeway in order to make everything fair. That's one of the things I'm most worried about at this precise moment (Obviously losing this union in general is stuck in my mind, too).

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sephy37
[QUOTE="sephy37"][QUOTE="JML897"]

Most things > gamespot

JML897

I don't know. I remember really disliking this one guy who called himself Roman King or something like that. Roman...something

lol Roman King. Your next post where you mention Trish Stratus pictures makes so much sense.

RK was the mod of the "Women of Wrestling" section where everyone just posted pictures. He's notorious for being that guy that always said "7/10, but I'd hit it" or whatever.

He's been gone awhile. 

WF is awesome tho. There ARE lots of trolls, but with 2,000+ members on at one time you can expect it. But there are some amazing wrestling posters (Mystery, DesolationRow, Will94, etc.) that put The_Dude to shame. 

Funny story, last month the administrator "hid" the TNA Section and made a thread saying "Wrestlingforum has decided to get rid of the TNA section to help improve its image, we wish it luck in its future endeavors. Please post about TNA here." and links to a single thread in "Other Wrestling" where people talk about Indies and Puro. The TNA fans threw a f****** fit for a day and it turned out it was a big prank. But in all honesty, the TNA forum is (not surprisingly) a hotbed for terrible posters and trolls (and not even WWE fans trolling TNA fans, just terrible TNA fanboys).

Also, they do have tons of wrestling media (and non-wrestling media) to download free for members. Just caught up with Breaking Bad btw.......Also, the Entertainment and Video Games sections rock and Rants is hilarious. Truthtellers would have been made a b**** in Rants by now.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JML897
[QUOTE="JML897"]

pokajabba

Although it doesn't look like much, it's somewhat accurate to what you said it might become earlier. I won't get my hopes up quite yet, though. At least it sounds like they are giving you some leeway in order to make everything fair. That's one of the things I'm most worried about at this precise moment (Obviously losing this union in general is stuck in my mind, too).

Well it doesn't look like much because we haven't touched the layout aspect yet, shit's still new.

They seem to be giving me a lot of input, they made me an admin and everything

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sephy37

Who's "the other guy?"

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pokajabba
That's great that they made you an admin :)

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Hopefully the world doesn't catch on fire while I'm sleeping, although news can't exactly get any worse at this point.
Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Full_Metal1923
Functionality is most important, presentation is secondary. A notion that GameSpot has not realized for years!
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
Wherever we end up, I'll be there! Really enjoy hearing everyone's opinion!
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
I'll go to the new one, when it comes up.. I've also been spending a lot of time on the r/SquaredCircle on Reddit. Very active. Obviously not a forum, but still.
Avatar image for StaticKornSlipX
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 StaticKornSlipX
Member since 2003 • 8261 Posts
Hi, I'm Static. I am an active member in the WOTU. I'll make sure to be active in your union. Think of it as an olive branch and the WOTU keeping open a line of communcation with you guys. I'll join in on your weekly tv thread discussions and post in additional threads. I just want to get to know the peeps I might be moving in with. :P
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
Didn't we used to have a WWEv alt website?
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
Well this sucks.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pokajabba
Hi, I'm Static. I am an active member in the WOTU. I'll make sure to be active in your union. Think of it as an olive branch and the WOTU keeping open a line of communcation with you guys. I'll join in on your weekly tv thread discussions and post in additional threads. I just want to get to know the peeps I might be moving in with. :PStaticKornSlipX

Awesome :)

We're not the most active thread in the world, but we do sometimes get flurries of activity around weekly shows and PPV's. Most of us love getting into serious conversations about wrestling (I'm sure WOTU is the same), and some of us love to help keep the board alive with a distinctive sense of humour (I'm looking at you Sephy37 and The_Great_One2). I just hope you don't get put off by our main heal of the union. He may seem like someone to avoid, but I assure you it's just his 'style' of writing, rather than him actually being a douche. I'm sure you'll find out what I mean soon enough XD
Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

Well... this is no use for my (farily infrequent) posts on this union!

In all seriousness though, I hate this news - I was the leader of another union for 4 and a half years previously and that, along with this union, are pretty much the only reason I use GameSpot on a frequent basis. Clearly anything moving forward I want to be a part of, so I'll make sure to keep an eye on what you guys are doing too, but forgive me if I'm a little pre-occupied with my other union! 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JML897

Didn't we used to have a WWEv alt website?TheGm86

Yeah but it was/is run by people who aren't active anymore. If it even still exists

The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Great_One2
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

Screw weforums. I've been banned more times than I can count just for expressing my opinion on CM Punk. 

'Nuff Said.  

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#38 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
They are royally screwing us over
Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

To be honest, I am not surprised. If anything, I am surprised this did not happen sooner.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JML897

WOTU's leader was just banned from GS...:|

The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Great_One2

WOTU's leader was just banned from GS...:|

JML897

I lol'd. Screw WOTU anyways. The average IQ of a poster over there is about 12. We don't need 'em.

'Nuff Said. 

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JML897

Without WOTU a new forum would probably be inactive and there are some decent people in WOTU.

btw WOTU's leader was banned for sending someone a death threat. Uhhhh

The_Great_One2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 The_Great_One2

keiblerfan69.proboards.com 

Boom. There's are new home. TGO2 does it again.

'Nuff Said.  

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JML897
I still think it'd be better to make a new forum so we can have more control over it, sticky topics, blah blah blah. Aren't all the admins at WWEv: alt guys who don't come here anymore?
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sephy37

Nice, I knew Zach had another one besides WWEv Alt.

TGO comes thru again in the clutch! 

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sephy37

I still think it'd be better to make a new forum so we can have more control over it, sticky topics, blah blah blah. Aren't all the admins at WWEv: alt guys who don't come here anymore? JML897

Pretty sure it was me, Zach, Darren, Marcin, Dude, Link, Mena, and Ervin.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pokajabba

Without WOTU a new forum would probably be inactive and there are some decent people in WOTU.

btw WOTU's leader was banned for sending someone a death threat. Uhhhh

JML897

And I was in the middle of writing an incredibly long complaint over this situation XD

There are some good posters there (sadly Killerband left but he's been of Wrestlingforum for months now), but it seend the average maturity level there is 12 yrs old or they ARE 12 year olds that just started posting on the internet (you can see the signs of a "newb").sephy37

Let's not start talking down at one another. That's only going to create problems later if/when we have joined them on the new site.