SmackDown/Royal Rumble Spoiler (HUGE SPOILERZZZZ!!! ACK!)

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Teddy Long will announce tonight during the "Best of 2006" episode of Smackdown that Batista will defend the World Title against the winner of the first ever Smackdown Sprint at the Royal Rumble. The Smackdown Sprint will take place on the first episode of Smackdown in 2007 and will feature a series of matches. Whoever wins their match the quickest will earn the World Title shot.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts
Well well well i wonder who will win?!?!?! I bet Rey Mysterio will come back and win
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

For the first time since he was released, I wish Orlando Jordan was back.  Why?  Because if he faced Benoit, Batista would be facing someone with a shot at carrying him to a watchable match.

This sounds like an opportunity to watch a lot of squash matches.

davidsamta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 davidsamta
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts
mark henry
SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

mark henrydavidsamta

I DREAD the fact that you are most likely correct.

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
Funaki for sure.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

I would say Kane but...I'm not stupid.

Either Undertaker (unlikely but possible) or Mark Henry (who may return or something) will win it in my opinion. I can't think of anyone else that would win it...

Benoit is the U.S Champion, and because he's not HHH WWE won't give him that big of a push.

Jswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jswiss
Member since 2002 • 1702 Posts
It WILL be Undertaker...

Unfortunately, there seems to be a very disturbing rumor about Batista ending Taker's Mania streak, and possibly being the one guy who actually puts that final nail in Taker's career. (considering that 08' will be his & Kane's last year*) I hope it's not true...but, so far...all signs points to yes! >:

I wonder though, could Taker actually make "Slo-tista" look good?!

Hmmm.....?
SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

It WILL be Undertaker...

Unfortunately, there seems to be a very disturbing rumor about Batista ending Taker's Mania streak, and possibly being the one guy who actually puts that final nail in Taker's career. (considering that 08' will be his & Kane's last year*) I hope it's not true...but, so far...all signs points to yes! >:

I wonder though, could Taker actually make "Slo-tista" look good?!

Hmmm.....?
Jswiss

No. It would be hard for Benoit to even make Batista look good nowdays.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I hope the winner is not Mark Henry to face Batista. I just wish they release him because he cannot put together a good match. Someone always has to carry his fat ass in the match to make the match at least good enough. I pray that the winner of this Sprint Challenge matches would be Taker, Kane, or Beniot.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#11 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]Well well well i wonder who will win?!?!?! I bet Rey Mysterio will come back and win

Please no, I am so sick of Rey as champion, he is more boring a champ than Cena. Hoping Benoit gets the shot. But also wouldnt be surprised to see Booker fight someone that just seconds before Finlay beats down backstage to make an easy win.
omerhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 omerhe
Member since 2006 • 1343 Posts
it's prodably going to be some monster dude doing a squash, like kane did before the elimination chamber last year. i say it will be taker, although benoit would have been a great choice.
bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts
Stevie Richards is gonna jump to Smackdown and win it in 12 seconds. Bank on it.
GTAps2SanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 GTAps2SanA
Member since 2005 • 3716 Posts
Stevie Richards is gonna jump to Smackdown and win it in 12 seconds. Bank on it.bulletproofcow
Keep dreaming... C'mon Undertaker.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
[QUOTE="davidsamta"]mark henrySeriousThreat

I DREAD the fact that you are most likely correct.

Yeah, my money's on him too. I can just imagine a return squash.
Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]Well well well i wonder who will win?!?!?! I bet Rey Mysterio will come back and win

Please no, I am so sick of Rey as champion, he is more boring a champ than Cena. Hoping Benoit gets the shot. But also wouldnt be surprised to see Booker fight someone that just seconds before Finlay beats down backstage to make an easy win.

highly disagree, Cena has been champ for to long, getting pretty damn stale, rey rey imo deserves a good title run, since his last one was by far the worst one i have ever seen. Rey needs to win, because smackdown needs a good champion
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgab"][QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]Well well well i wonder who will win?!?!?! I bet Rey Mysterio will come back and winDark_Hylian8

highly disagree, Cena has been champ for to long, getting pretty damn stale, rey rey imo deserves a good title run, since his last one was by far the worst one i have ever seen. Rey needs to win, because smackdown needs a good champion

SmackDown! had a good champion - King Booker. In my opinion, his run has been one of the most entertaining and reviving moments in SmackDown! history, pure and simple. Rey didn't have a good run indeed, no, I totally agree with you there and it wasn't his fault either. However, putting the strap back on him isn't something SmackDown! would need. I feel the brand needs new blood for the World Title, a new contender. Looking at the roster, I'd call another Benoit run or even possibly mix Kennedy in the title situation too.
jamie_w_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 jamie_w_91
Member since 2004 • 4045 Posts
Perhaps it could be Mr. Kennedy? but apparently he is "Injured" at the moment and probably won't take part in the sprint run proceedings. I'm guessing it won't be Benoit as it doesn't look like his fued with Chavo is finished just yet. I think a rank outside may be Fit Finlay, I'd love to see him with the WHC firmly around his waist. I wouldn't mind King Bookah having a 2nd reign either.