pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
I'd easily consider him 'one of the best', as I can't say with absolute certainty who truly is. He is however one of my all time personal favorites, and I honestly can't imagine the wrestling industry without him. He's amazing on the mic and has the ability to make whomever he's representing look strong (No matter how terrible they may be). This is a rare ability, especially in this day and age. He can also be hilarious 'during' matches, and has arguably produced some of the biggest stars in the wrestling business.

Anyway, what are your views towards this matter?
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
He's like the modern day Bobby Heenan. I cant see how anyone could dislike Heyman's character. He plays the sleaze so well that you boo him even though you're a fan. In this buisness I feel that its the little things that really stand out, and Heyman is a master of them. From facial expressions, to the way he delivers lines, you just never turn away when Heyman's on camera.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts

One of, not "the best" as said by pokajabba

Amazing vibe when he's on camera... Do you guys feel he's been more beneficial to wwe as a manager or behind the scenes guy? 

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
No. If the poll read "Best Manager other than Bobby Heenan" and I'd be more inclined to give it some thought. Heyman definately benefits, IMO, from being the... ONLY effective manager of the last decade... if not more. I mean, you have to go back to, what, Chyna? Cornette when he managed... everybody in the mid-90s? Heyman is certainly an ode to the lost art of being a manager. Managers may be something WWE really ought to consider to try and give their roster something, anything, for people to connect with.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
Definitely the best manager ever. Heyman has managed in quite possibly the most interesting era of wrestling: the social networking age. From the mic to Twitter Heyman has the wit and tenacity to take a relative unknown and turn him into a mega star. Had it not been for Heyman, does anybody believe Brock Lesnar would have ever become as big as he is now? I know that Ric Flair likes to call himself a wrestling god, but Heyman IS a wrestling god.
cryceaye5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By cryceaye5
Member since 2011 • 1190 Posts

In my opinion paul heyman has all the attributes that make him such a sensation.

He is good at commentating a match, good at giving an audience what they want with the utmost diversity and all round very intelligent person that could only lack with in his own skills in the sense of business acumen.

He is by far the only person in the WWE smart enough to know the difference between good and bad. If only he was in charge of the WWE you wouldn't get all the shit you see now. Paul heyman would again diversify the title belt system and still carry on to categorize each wrestler into their specific sections. This would ultimately become a valiant move in which there would be no true one face of the WWE. He would make sure everyone had the right to air themselves in the prime light of the WWE and not just the people you see day in day out. They wouldn't need any mic skills to do it either, only a pure perfection form of wrestling capability.