WicthBalder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 WicthBalder
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

Now i know that there will be some mixed opinions on this, but i just want to get this rant of my chest. When i was tweleve years old, i never even knew about the WWF... i mean WWE, until i watched a match between the rock vs stone cold on Raw (is war). During the "Attitude Era", that was when i used to watch every WWE program every night. During the years, the "Attitude Era" had everything done right. Great preformers, good storylines and lots of exciting action. However, my real reason why i became a WWE fan was because of The Rock. But now that Dwayne would no longer wrestle in the ring, to me the WWE has been boring. You see in my opinion, the WWE was just doing fine until they went PG. I understand that this has been done for many reasons such as making this sport fun & entertainment for eveyone (and by everyone i mean little kids and their families), making more money and to promote this company worldwide. Before we go on about the "PG- format", i have learned a history about the WWE and i have found out that THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME THIS COMPANY WENT PG.

The WWE has been promoting this company to kids during the late 80's and the early 90's. That was during the rise of Hulkamania. But now because of this strict PG Setting, backstage politics, crappy storylines, boring superstars and making John Cena the mascot of the WWE, they are having problems such as unhappy employees and fans who think that the pg idea stinks.

I'm now watching TNA since most of the fun and exciting storylines are gone from WWE. If the WWE does well in promoting for the kids, then good for them. I guess that if the WWE gets more storylines like they used in the "Attitude Era", then maybe they will get more fans and exposure thought the globe.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i think they were more patient with building talents. Some of the main guys today were rushed to fast there. Like Sheamus, Bobby Lashley to mention a few
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

Nothing to see here guys. Just stupid smarks trying to pretend they are industry smart when in reality they have no ******* clue about anything in the wrestling business.

Also, if you're saying PG has ruined WWE, then you have been a mark for most of your life. The Attitude Era had more bull**** going on than right now. Nostalgia isn't your bestfriend. 

sephy37

uhm, why are you so rude and unpleasent?

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts

You "learned a history"?

Seriously, each era has had boring storylines, failed characters, unhappy employees, and mascots. Do I miss No DQ matches when you'd see a chairshot or something similar? Sure. But WWE is just stale overall, not just because of being PG

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Last_Ride
Yeah, i miss most of the dq matches from the Era days. Yeah it is kind of true, but without the pg, they could give characters a lot more free room to roam
prostreet678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 prostreet678
Member since 2009 • 421 Posts

Aww come on, are we still crying it being PG? Get over it, Attitude era is gone. But if you want to know what I think, look at my profile banner.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

Nothing to see here guys. Just stupid smarks trying to pretend they are industry smart when in reality they have no ******* clue about anything in the wrestling business.

Also, if you're saying PG has ruined WWE, then you have been a mark for most of your life. The Attitude Era had more bull**** going on than right now. Nostalgia isn't your bestfriend. 

The_Last_Ride

Been thinking this for months. 

SoulNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SoulNefarious
Member since 2009 • 1134 Posts
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="sephy37"]

SonicRenegade84

Been thinking this for months. 

He may be a dick, but he speaks the truth. WWE has had many things gone wrong in the past, so it's not like this is the first time it's ruined itself. 

Actually, I'm sure he means this: Attitude Era was far from perfect. Yea, most wrestlers were involved in storylines, but not only were they excessively childish, most didn't even make sense and rarely ever did we see any conclusion. The only reason people remember the attitude era so fondly is because of the successful Austin storyline, and the building up of DX and The Rock. Besides those things... the Attitude Era did pretty much nothing. If you want to talk about successful time, the years of WWE from 2002-2005 were really some of the best, since it had the most coherent storylines. The main weakness of the Attitude Era was the constant moving around of superstars, and that every single storyline was almost always childish and overly retarded to appeal to the majority of "dumb males".

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
Ya'll bein' trolled by Gary up in here.
SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
My thoughts on the WWE: It sucks. Badly.
Blue_Shield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blue_Shield
Member since 2010 • 2610 Posts

During the years, the "Attitude Era" had everything done right.

You see in my opinion, the WWE was just doing fine until they went PG.WicthBalder

Please, do yourself a favor, and remove the blinders. For everything the Attitude Era did right, it did a lot of stuff wrong, and ultimately, I would blame that era of wrestling being the starting point behind many of the major issues with today's product, whether it be devaluation or overexposure of belts, PPVs, win/lost record, talent or stipulations, among other issues, all of which, were issues long before Raw ever went PG. SmackDown, for the record, has been PG from the start.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

Storylines in the Attitude Era were ****ing retarded and so were the gimmicks, and the wrestling was way worse than it is now.

And TNA? lol ok

prostreet678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 prostreet678
Member since 2009 • 421 Posts
My thoughts on the WWE: It sucks. Badly.SeriousThreat
Then leave the group dumbass.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride
Yes, WWE may have had problems during the Era. But pg isn't doing the storylines any favors
Avatar image for SonicRenegade84
SonicRenegade84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SonicRenegade84
Member since 2009 • 6096 Posts

Off-Topic: So i'm a troll, huh? Well, i'll just show you how much of a troll I can be >: D 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e1459498b931
deactivated-5e1459498b931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 deactivated-5e1459498b931
Member since 2007 • 3719 Posts
Isn't WWE PG doing the same as WWE Attitude Era. The many title reigns, for example.
YoungMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#20 YoungMaverick
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

I don't think it's about storylines or being PG, not at all. I think it's all about superstars. You know, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels and Kane are gone. The Undertaker and Triple H are semi-active now, and they'll retire very soon. So who's gonna take their place? Edge? Randy Orton? Or Chris Jericho? You must be kidding me! They are great superstars and I respect them so, but you know, in 10 years from now, I will still remember Stone Cold or The Undertaker, but I won't probably remember someone named Randy Orton even existed! These new semi-superstars are never ever gonna take their place!

IMPORTANT!!!

*** Kane is gone ladies and gentlemen, that guy is not Kane, he's just a jerk whose ring name happens to be Kane, that's all!!***

Vipersbabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vipersbabe
Member since 2010 • 690 Posts

I don't think it's about storylines or being PG, not at all. I think it's all about superstars. You know, Stone Cold, The Rock, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels and Kane are gone. The Undertaker and Triple H are semi-active now, and they'll retire very soon. So who's gonna take their place? Edge? Randy Orton? Or Chris Jericho? You must be kidding me! They are great superstars and I respect them so, but you know, in 10 years from now, I will still remember Stone Cold or The Undertaker, but I won't probably remember someone named Randy Orton even existed! These new semi-superstars are never ever gonna take their place!

IMPORTANT!!!

*** Kane is gone ladies and gentlemen, that guy is not Kane, he's just a jerk whose ring name happens to be Kane, that's all!!***

YoungMaverick

You're right Honey, those superstars were athletes and entertainers then became stars then SUPERSTARS that we could never forget, who could forget all of the epic things Stone Cold has done? He epitomized the employee who was fed up with his boss and beat his ass, as well as the rock going from group to group to realizing he's better on his own and becoming the single biggest name in wrestling entertainment, and Kane and Taker's over the edge daring dark almost beyond life and death storylines I mean everything was so over the top and the characters were memorable, but now days the characters do not represent real life situations.

Like Cena and the goofiness and easy goingness, and invinciilty he has and not just that, the fact that he's too honest of a man, I mean The Rock would never just say "I lost the match, doesnt matter how i lost but i did and i have to keep my word, but please fans dont boo me, im an honest man that believes in himself" The Rock would have said "I lost the match but I'm not being anyone's B****! Mcguillicutty, Harris, get your two monkey asses down here and alow The Rock to personally check your fat asses into the smackdown hotel" or something of the like.

Characters nowadays are either too bland or too over the top, examples being Santino, Hornswoggle, you know what I mean,,,,,anyways I can't really explain right now what I'm saying but I agree with Young Maverick in terms of chanracters, or rather persoanlities not being able to sell themselves as well as add their own personality to their characters, I eman Edge and Jericho was good at this but you don't see many others

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts
I still watch WWE every now and then, I would say it it sure isn't as good as it was in 04-08 for sure but I still enjoy it at times. When they went to PG, there was a limit of things they can do IMO.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Ya know, if ya really miss the Attitude Era, ya really miss the blood and naughty words, watch TNA. It pretty much is the Attitude Era without the Rock, Stone Cold and Vince. They've got blood, they've got swearing. It sounds like paradise.

Hell, and the wrestling is actually better.

As for the WWE, I've voiced my problems with WWE so many times over the years that I just can't bring myself to list them all anymore. It takes too ****ing long and it never makes a difference. WWE will do whatever the **** they want, regardless of whether I watch or not and they seem to be moving farther and farther away from producing TV that I want to watch.

At least I've got my DVDs.

SoulNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SoulNefarious
Member since 2009 • 1134 Posts

So who's gonna take their place? Edge? Randy Orton? Or Chris Jericho?YoungMaverick

... Wow, really? You're going to say that?

Chris Jericho will be remembered in the same exact light because he has done just as much as Rock, Stone Cold, etc. He's been around the world for 20-30 years wrestling, he's been in almost every major USA promotion. He's won title after title. He has the best ring skills of almost any wrestler in the world. He can and does cut some of the best promos and has also managed to maintain a large fanbase, despite being only partially active and many times in his career poorly booked. He truly is one of the best in the world.

Edge will also be remembered as either a great midcard talent in the attitude era or one of the leading men in the PG era. Let's face it, Edge is more popular than almost anyone on the roster now. He's a great wrestler and manages to cut really good promos, even in storylines that make absolutely no sense. He's been involved in the first ever of so many matches; and, so many of his matches are seen as some of the greatest, maybe not always for their wrestling, but for what they did to hardcore wrestling. Edge will be remembered for a long time.

Orton is young, or have you forgotten? He has plenty of time to build his legacy. He already had a very successful run in Evolution, did moderately well as the Legend Killer, and has finally reinvented himself in his best persona ever.

If you want to talk about guys that won't be remembered, mention lesser stars. Sorry, but Orton, Edge, Jericho, and such will be remembered for years to come. Batista, Great Khali, guys like that are closer to those that will be forgotten. Hell, how many people still even remember Batista?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride
PG is killing the promos, i agree with you there Dude. Guys can't build up matches like they did before. WWE is at least pushing new talents at the moment that has been wanted from my side for several years