dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
After spending the last year rehabbing a knee injury, "Mr. Monday Night" will make his in-ring return on Jan. 29 at the Royal Rumble, representing RAW in the Royal Rumble Match.

Here is a video on it http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/494606/1880386/1918076/rvdreturnsrumble

This is excellent, it is good to know that he will be returning, wonder if they will remember his feud with Carlito
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
this is already being discussed in nemerous topics
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
I swear if he gets a run at the WWE Title and actually wins it, I'll flip my ****ing lid.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

this is already being discussed in nemerous topics
trick_man01

I will allow it...

Simply put, this topic is big enough to have its own thread outside of the Official Raw Thread and besides...it would have been made eventually, so it my as well be now. *Starts RVD Chant*

BATMAYNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BATMAYNE
Member since 2005 • 3225 Posts
I hope he gets a long WWE title run.
mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 mud12345
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts

What if he made it the ECW title from SD vs Raw 2006.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Link256

What if he made it the ECW title from SD vs Raw 2006.

mud12345

What are you saying? For RVD to win the WWE Championship and turn the WWE Belt into the old ECW Championship...

Ugh....than that would officially be yet another horrible/lame storyline by WWE Creative. Also, I think it would be safe to say that if that were to happen, than RVD's run as the WWE Champion would officially flop.

Edit: I am RVD fan, I seariously and really him to win the WWE Championship, but I would imagine even the Dude would have to agree with me on this point/case.

mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mud12345
Have you played the game. He won the title in the story mode, then spray painted ECW in red on the title.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Link256

Have you played the game. He won the title in the story mode, then spray painted ECW in red on the title.mud12345

No, I have not.

However, I still think that would be lame/horrible idea.

The only way I would want to possibly (strong maybe) see that if he were to do that ECW One Night Stand 2006 (or feud against WWE leading towards the event), other than that...no how and no way.

Theone2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Theone2005
Member since 2005 • 6237 Posts
That would be very lame.
mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mud12345
I think so too. I was just telling what happen in the game.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Link256

I think so too. I was just telling what happen in the game.mud12345

Hmm, okay.

In that case, we could go crazy with the "What if This" and "What if That" until we get blue in the face, but that would be pointless.

IMHO, it is better to stick with what you believe will happen (i.e personal predications). And believe me...there is difference between the two.

mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mud12345

Well I just hope WWE actually uses RVD.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
i hope he becomes one of the best
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
The SvR2006 storylines owned, especially the ECW one. Since they were made by WWE creative, I don't understand how the SvR storylines were 5 times better than the actual product.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Link256

The SvR2006 storylines owned, especially the ECW one. Since they were made by WWE creative, I don't understand how the SvR storylines were 5 times better than the actual product. JML897

Okay, I have not played the game, but do you think things like say: RVD spray painting the WWE Championship Belt with the letters ECW would work in real life?

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
This news is really exciting. I cannot wait for his return. One of my favorites of all time is back. R-V-D, R-V-D, R-V-D.......!!!
Jericho300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jericho300
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
Its cool to see that RVD is coming back he is a great wrestler and I hope WWE uses him right.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]The SvR2006 storylines owned, especially the ECW one. Since they were made by WWE creative, I don't understand how the SvR storylines were 5 times better than the actual product. Link256

Okay, I have not played the game, but do you think things like say: RVD spray painting the WWE Championship Belt with the letters ECW would work in real life?

It didn't seem to adversely effect the nWo, when they did it.

I think if done properly, it could be a terrific story.  That whole "if done properly" thing, though, is pretty key.  I'd just be happy to see RVD hold the WWE Title.  Its long overdo.

Man, I'd go nuts if he won the Rumble.  Big Time.

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

Have you played the game. He won the title in the story mode, then spray painted ECW in red on the title.mud12345

I never knew that, now time to go play and see that storyline.  Anyway, RVD is back and will own the WWE.

I am a huge RVD fan, and here is my prediction: RVD will win the RR and then win the title at WM22.  Followed by a long run as champion, longer then JBL.  Well that would be the best way to use him IMO.  I guess as long as they use him right and not screw him I will be happy.

Avatar image for Dark_NoobSaibot
Dark_NoobSaibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dark_NoobSaibot
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
how lovely.....(NOT!) Jeez...I gotta deal with him and Edge as champ..NICE new year..eh?
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

I am so excited to see RVD return. I am sure he'll put on a fantastic show for us at the RR. 

straven_marven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 straven_marven
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_NoobSaibot"]how lovely.....(NOT!) Jeez...I gotta deal with him and Edge as champ..NICE new year..eh?

....RVD would make a great champion, hes on raw btw and edge is just gonna lose it so i dont know where you are going with that
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
[QUOTE="straven_marven"] [QUOTE="Dark_NoobSaibot"]how lovely.....(NOT!) Jeez...I gotta deal with him and Edge as champ..NICE new year..eh?

....RVD would make a great champion, hes on raw btw and edge is just gonna lose it so i dont know where you are going with that

do you people realize that they can't just make him champion like that ... they have to give him at least a 6week to 3-month build up
RobVanDam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RobVanDam
Member since 2005 • 704 Posts

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes[x 9999999999999999999999999...]!!!!!!![x9999999999999] Hopefully the double u double u e will give him a realllllllllllll big push and let him win the RR and the title.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
RVD vs. HBK vs. Angle for the WWE title sound good, well we are going to make it a TLC and add Shelton to it plus Paul London*Yeah right HAHAHAHA*
shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts
I am really excited for the return of Mr. Monday Night and seeing him back in the ring!!
Link-from-Hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Link-from-Hell
Member since 2004 • 1343 Posts
This year I want to see, Booker T become world champion and RVD become the WWE champion. I also want Chris Benoit to become a heavyweight champion as well.
boylcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 boylcp
Member since 2005 • 3811 Posts
I am really excited for the return of Mr. Monday Night and seeing him back in the ring!!shoot_em_up123
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Link256
[QUOTE="Link256"]

The_Dude14

It didn't seem to adversely effect the nWo, when they did it.

I think if done properly, it could be a terrific story.  That whole "if done properly" thing, though, is pretty key.  I'd just be happy to see RVD hold the WWE Title.  Its long overdo.

Man, I'd go nuts if he won the Rumble.  Big Time.

You make good point about the NWO using the same method, but you see...the problem is that NWO was alive, well and very-very popular while that was happening. Plus, it was more original back than...

IMHO, if RVD were do spray paint the WWE Championship with the letters ECW...it could possible not work well in favor, by being looked as copying the NWO style of doing things. Plus, ECW is dead company and has so for 5 years and that is the difference between the two...ECW is dead company, while NWO was much very alive and super popular back than.  

Granted, the ECW name still has some popularity obviously and RVD was always that companies' most popular superstar...however, I simply think it would possibly not go over with the casual WWE fan.

Again....I think the only way (and best way) I think that could work if he were to do that ECW One Night Stand 2006 (or feud against WWE leading towards the event), other than that...I doubt it would go over do well with the casual WWE fan.

Yes...I think the idea could possibly work (and really well if done right), however...with the way WWE Creative is these days, I rather not see them take that kind of chance. 

And yes...I want RVD to win the WWE Championship as much as the next guy, I simply think that is very risky idea. Simply put, I rather RVD win the Championship and kept it the way it is.

ThumbsUpMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31 ThumbsUpMaster
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
Awesome, Rob Van Dam is coming back! =D He's one of my fav's, I just dont like Edge. Damn Basham Brothers had to hurt his leg even more last year. *evil smiley* And didnt he almost win the WWE title from Taker but Flair said something and the match had to start over?
Avatar image for master4scorpion
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 master4scorpion
Member since 2005 • 16494 Posts
You don't like Edge Anymore???
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Link256

Awesome, Rob Van Dam is coming back! =D He's one of my fav's, I just dont like Edge. Damn Basham Brothers had to hurt his leg even more last year. *evil smiley* And didnt he almost win the WWE title from Taker but Flair said something and the match had to start over?ThumbsUpMaster

Yes...RVD was royal screwed over on that night. I am sure if the Dude see this post, he will fully explain to you what happen that night.

When that happen, at the time...it took back to when Chris Benoit was screwed over twice by Mic Foley. You know...during Rock-Benoit matches for the WWF/WWE Championship, back in 2000.

Back to the topic...I know the chances are slim, but I am pulling for RVD to win the 2006 Royal Rumble as well.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Dude14

Awesome, Rob Van Dam is coming back! =D He's one of my fav's, I just dont like Edge. Damn Basham Brothers had to hurt his leg even more last year. *evil smiley* And didnt he almost win the WWE title from Taker but Flair said something and the match had to start over?ThumbsUpMaster
To open up the Raw following Taker's Judgement Day title win, Taker jumped RVD from behind and busted Van Dam against the ring post.  He then cut a "respect me" promo that RVD interrupted and attacked Taker.  Taker demanded a match with RVD from then Raw "Owner" Ric Flair.  Flair made the match a Title match, to Taker's chagrin.  RVD hit a Rolling Thunder well into the match and got a three count, even though Taker's foot got on the ropes, which is why Flair restarted the match.  That was one of the biggest mark out moments I can ever remember having while watching Raw.  For about 5 and a half seconds I was jumping around my basement like a maniac.  JR really drove it home with a memorable call of "Call your friends and neighbors."  I'm pretty sure I've always held this against Flair ever since.  The real shame of this was there was absolutely no follow-up to this.  The next week, RVD was back after Eddie Guerrero for the IC Title and Taker was beating the crap out of Jeff Hardy, I believe. 

Similarly, the first HBK-RVD got absolutely no follow up as well, after Trips pulled RVD off of HBK after a Frog Splash.

DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts

[QUOTE="ThumbsUpMaster"]Awesome, Rob Van Dam is coming back! =D He's one of my fav's, I just dont like Edge. Damn Basham Brothers had to hurt his leg even more last year. *evil smiley* And didnt he almost win the WWE title from Taker but Flair said something and the match had to start over?The_Dude14

To open up the Raw following Taker's Judgement Day title win, Taker jumped RVD from behind and busted Van Dam against the ring post. He then cut a "respect me" promo that RVD interrupted and attacked Taker. Taker demanded a match with RVD from then Raw "Owner" Ric Flair. Flair made the match a Title match, to Taker's chagrin. RVD hit a Rolling Thunder well into the match and got a three count, even though Taker's foot got on the ropes, which is why Flair restarted the match. That was one of the biggest mark out moments I can ever remember having while watching Raw. For about 5 and a half seconds I was jumping around my basement like a maniac. JR really drove it home with a memorable call of "Call your friends and neighbors." I'm pretty sure I've always held this against Flair ever since. The real shame of this was there was absolutely no follow-up to this. The next week, RVD was back after Eddie Guerrero for the IC Title and Taker was beating the crap out of Jeff Hardy, I believe.

Similarly, the first HBK-RVD got absolutely no follow up as well, after Trips pulled RVD off of HBK after a Frog Splash.

I also remember when that happened.  I at the time had just started watching some of RVD's matches from ECW and began becoming a big Van Dam mark.  When he won that match I yelled what is infamous in ECW: "Holy Sh!t....!"

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Link256

I had mixed reaction...

I thought to myself "Hmm...something is not right, RVD pinned The Undertaker with Rolling Thunder and Undertaker's foot was on the rope". However, at the same time, I was happy that RVD reached the top of the mountain and became the new WWE Champion...only for Ric Flair to come out, ruin the party and pull "Mic Foley" on RVD, nonsense. *Insert disappointing look on face*

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Dude14

I had mixed reaction...

I thought to myself "Hmm...something is not right, RVD pinned The Undertaker with Rolling Thunder and Undertaker's foot was on the rope". However, at the same time, I was happy that RVD reached the top of the mountain and became the new WWE Champion...only for Ric Flair to come out, ruin the party and pull "Mic Foley" on RVD, nonsense. *Insert disappointing look on face*

Link256

See, I kinda got lost in the moment.  I thought it was going to stick, but lead to a re-match down the line.  There's that whole myth "referee's decision is final" deal that WWE seems to love to conveniently forget.  Yeah, I still hold it against Flair.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

But when SCSA had his foot on the rope in his match against Taker *Long time ago* flair didn't say anything and he was the refree

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
im so happy!
TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
I'm just so Happy that "The Whole F'N Show" is back.
RamboneForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#41 RamboneForever
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts

They are most likely gonna just go with his change in character from when he appeared at ECW's O.N.S and on RAW and when he comes back he be more focused on capturing the WWE Championship more than anything else.

He will make a way more better champ than Cena or Edge.

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts

They are most likely gonna just go with his change in character from when he appeared at ECW's O.N.S and on RAW and when he comes back he be more focused on capturing the WWE Championship more than anything else.

He will make a way more better champ than Cena or Edge.

RamboneForever

totally agree

TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
Yes he would.