Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
This board needs a lot more Mike Adamle love. If you didn't know, he replaced Joey Styles as ECW announcer. Here are his greatest hits from the epic episode:

When he called his broadcast partner "The Tazz" instead of "Tazz"
When he called Shelton Benjamin "Shel-don"
When he called a Kane boot to Morrison's face a "knee to the chest"
When he called a legbar by Miz a "figure-four leglock"
When he described Miz reaching to tag Morrison as "Reach out and touch someone, Michael!"
When he stammered and couldn't remember Jimmy Wang Yang's name
When he said Kofi Kingson's "reputation preceded him here" because he got an ovation from the fans
When he got around to calling a cover after the kickout
When he called a Kofi "dropkick" a "leg kick"
When he said Knox's strategy against Dreamer was to be "methodical" and "put him away early"
When he called Miz & Morrison the "WW Tag Champions," leaving off the "E"
When he called Miz "Mike the Miz"
When he said you have a tendency to look at Morrison and say he's built like Tarzan but punches like Jane

Some of Keller's epic ECW Report: http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_25312.shtml

1 -- C.M. PUNK & SHANNON MOORE & JIMMY WANG YANG & KOFI KINGSTON vs. DEUCE & DOMINO & ELIJAH BURKE & SHELTON BENJAMIN

Adamle said, after Tazz explained the rules of Money in the Bank, "Conceivably, if he has a great performance tonight, he could cash it in tonight." Okay, he's 0-1 at making any sense. Why would he need to have a "great performance" to cash in? It's a total non sequitur said by someone who's faking it and doesn't understand the product. He does know each wrestler's nickname, like calling "Sheldon" (sic) the "Gold Standard." Adamle pointed out Shelton was working the "left knee" of Shelton. That's an inexperienced moment, too, as announcers are never supposed to point out the side of the body that's being worked on because it's always the left side (done years back for a number of reasons, including that most wrestlers are right-handed so their comebacks with their right side would look better and be more believable if it was their left side that was worked over leading to the comeback). By pointing out the left side, if he did that every week, it would eventually strike viewers as odd that wrestlers never work the right side. Shelton threw Punk to the floor at which point everyone clustered. Adamle asked if order would be restored.

Adamle said Kofi's "reputation preceded him here" because he got a great ovation. Huh? That makes no sense. Not even a little bit. Moore, by the way, worked over Kofi's left arm. Adamle didn't point that out; he was probably lectured about calling the left side in his headset during the break. Every time Adamle says a wrestler's name, you get the sense he pauses for a split second to be sure he's getting it right, if not looking down at a picture card with their name written underneath. He just doesn't sound sure-footed. I thought Mike Goldberg had become Captain Obvious with Joe Rogan carrying UFC commentary, but Tazz is really having to carry the load as Adamle points out merely the obvious between dead spells where he has nothing to say. Tazz's pay should double starting this week having to carry Adamle. On the first cover of the match, the kickout had already happened before Adamle's commentary caught up to even calling "a cover!" When Wang took a sustained beating, Adamle said he was doing a tremendous job by himself staying alive. He hot-tagged Kofi who hit Deuce with two big dropkicks, which Adamle called a "leg kick." Hey, that's a natural mistake to make if you've barely watched pro wrestling before getting the job as lead announcer on a national TV show. Moore dove onto a trio of heels at ringside as Kofi pinned Deuce after his 360 degree roundhouse kick. Adamle also forgot Jimmy Wang Yang's name when he tried again to give him credit for staying alive for such a sustained beat-down in the second half of the match. How do you not know the name of the wrestlers on the show before you go on the air for the first time? Really. It's just a sign of complete incompetence and lack of work ethic - one of which is usually acceptable when you're palsy-walsy with someone high up, but it's really not something he can get away with much longer without being the most booed person at TV tapings. It's truly insulting that he disrespects this industry so much to not even prepare. He's not a rookie, so first-night jitters don't explain this.

--------------------------------

-They cut to Tazz and Adamle at ringside. Adamle, with glasses on, was reading from a piece of paper and said, "You talk about destruction, WW (sic) tag team champions, Mike the Miz and John Morrison have the dubious distinction of taking on Kane and Undertaker." He said he's not so sure if that won't be a mismatch. He threw to a promo with Morrison and Miz. Seriously, was Adamle suffering effects from some medication he's been prescribed? He just didn't seem to have a normal adult level of competence when speaking and observing things in front of him. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've witnessed in pro wrestling in 30 years. He's just that bad.

3 -- MIZ & JOHN MORRISON vs. UNDERTAKER & KANE

Regarding Morrison, Adamle said: "You know, you have a tendency to look at this guy and say he's built like Tarzan, but he probably hits like Jane, unless you've seen him in the ring, because then it's a different story." What?! Where did that come from? Who has a tendency to say he looks like Jane who hasn't seen him in the ring? That just makes no sense. Adamle said he doesn't know if there's a more intimidating entrance than when Undertaker walks into the arena. That was the only normal thing he said all hour, and it's so obvious and lame that on normal standards it'd be worthy of criticism, but it was a relief because he got Taker's name right and described what he did as an "entrance." Kane worked over Miz's left shoulder. He tagged in Taker, which popped the crowd. Taker walked the top rope and came off with a forearm. Morrison attempted to interfered, but Taker knocked him down quickly. He then tossed Miz to the floor, then kicked him in the head and went for the signature guillotine legdrop. Morrison stopped him with a flying clothesline. Adamle hesitated before saying it was Morrison who made the move.

After the break, Miz and Morrison were on the attack against Taker. Taker came back with a barrage of punches. Adamle said with confidence that Morrison was the person Taker was hitting. Taker gave Morrison a boot to the face. Adamle called it "a knee to the chest." Tazz corrected him by saying, "The flat boot to the face of Morrison." It never ends. If you didn't see this, you can't imagine how bad Adamle really was. Kane tagged in. Miz chop blocked him from behind and applied a leglock. Adamle called it a figure-four. Tazz said, "Not really. It's more of a leg bar." Miz and Morrison isolated Kane for the next two minutes. When Miz reached to tag Morrison, Adamle said, "Reach out and tag someone, Michael." Morrison and Taker each got simultaneous hot-tags. Taker and Kane finished Miz and Morrison with stereo chokeslams. Taker finished Morrison with the Tombstone.

Mike Adamle > This Board
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts
Holy hell, he screwed up that bad, eh. I'll go watch the ECW replay (on WWE.com) later tonight. I'll make sure not to drink anything during the show. Otherwise it'll just wind up on my monitor. :P
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

The only thing I am going to say is that when you need Taz, of all people, to carry your sorry ass on commentary, you know there is something wrong with you.

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
lol and this guys is supposed to replace Joey Styles?
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chicago_Nut
This negativity will not be taken lightly by Adamle. If this continues, he has no choice but to leg kick you all in the chest.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

duh dunna dun da dunna dun da duh dunna dun da dunna dun da!

(That was an ill-concieved attempt at the old American Gladiators theme). And one of the other PWTorch writers drew a comparison between Adamle and Brick Tamland. We have a winner.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
where have i seen this before....
bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts
And now I'm glad I missed ECW this week.
fan211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 fan211
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts
I haven't seen this many botches then One Night Stand 2007 with Shelton.
Yeah I went there.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chicago_Nut
I haven't seen this many botches then One Night Stand 2007 with Shelton.
Yeah I went there. fan211
That day actually doesn't exist in the IWC. Shelton is god in the IWC, obviously, so any fault is removed. Nobody ever speaks of this, since all people do is praise Shelton for a match he had 3 years ago.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chicago_Nut
FOOTAGE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8nDlMxKiQ
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Mike Adamle is the epitome of all that is manly...

beer for breakfast manly!

-The_Chris-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -The_Chris-
Member since 2007 • 1923 Posts

Mike Adamle, Jamaican Me Crazy!

Uno, Dos, ADIOS!

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

FOOTAGE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8nDlMxKiQ
Chicago_Nut

:lol: That was way too funny. I especially liked the MNM part.

imbulletpr00f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 imbulletpr00f
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts

i need a rag to clean my piss up

that was hilarious i feel like tunning into ecw next week

LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 LEGOslayer
Member since 2006 • 7664 Posts
Jeff Harvey FTW!
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jackov

I watched ECW last night and I almost fell out of my chair...I'm serious.

To think they would give Mike a few practice runs before going on. :\

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts
Let us not forget Jeff Harvy.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
That video is hella funny!!! Let more laugh continue on ECW. I bet they'll give him an actual script to read this time so he won't mess up a line.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jackov
Paul Heyman has a "few" choice words for good ol' Mike Adamle. :P
LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LEGOslayer
That does raise a good point, Josh Matthews would have made a better announcer than Adamle.
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

That does raise a good point, Josh Matthews would have made a better announcer than Adamle.LEGOslayer

Perhaps, but only slightly. I dont think that small improvment could overcome the hilarity of Adamle's debut though, so I say, if it'sbetween those two, keep Adamle.

But, seriously, why don't they just give Styles his spot? I doubt doing commentary for an hour will distract him from his "work" on the internets.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Link256

Jim Ross on the ECW announcing situation: Mike Adamle replacing Joey Styles as the play by play voice of ECW has created a plethora of talk this week regarding wrestling announcing. A couple of things on this matter, some people have a natural gift for wrestling broadcasting such as Gordon Solie did, but to others the art of wrestling announcing is "an acquired taste" (sort of like a guy once told me about Scotch Whiskey, but I have never been able to "acquire the taste" for Scotch). I know that after being a life long fan of wrestling and getting the opportunity to work in a viable wrestling territory for a great mentor (Bill Watts) that I had a better chance than most in making it as a wrestling broadcaster for so many years. Being involved with the WWE's flagship cable broadcast is a huge honor and responsibility of which I take seriously. Perhaps too seriously at times in my life, especially when I was replaced on Raw, which resulted in yours truly not being a prize to be around until the sting went away. After my cancer scare of 2005, I look at my career a little differently now and take every day one day at a time and know that my next broadcast could be my last for any number of reasons. Bottom line is I count my blessings and I am proud of much of the work of which I have been associated and honestly feel I can contribute for many more years in my current role on Monday Night Raw. I know the King feels the same way. However, when the day comes to say adios on Monday night there will be no Tony Soprano "Poor me" stuff going on. But for those keeping score at home, in my mind I am far from ready to tap out and call it a career. Was Mike Adamle brought in to replace yours truly at some point? Beats me. And I don't care. I do know that my best days are yet to come behind the mic, or at least that is how I choose to approach my work. As it relates to wrestling announcing, interesting days lie ahead.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/2008/04/19/king-of-the-ring-thoughts-comedy-in-wrestling-ailing-wrestling-greats-wrestling-announcing-gets-unique-focus/

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts
i would rather listen to Coach than listen to Adamle butcher commentary.
imbulletpr00f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imbulletpr00f
aslong as im laughing every week at mike adamle im fine with his commentary
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chicago_Nut
aslong as im laughing every week at mike adamle im fine with his commentaryimbulletpr00f
Thank you for seeing the point.

Chuck Norris jokes should now be replaced with Mike Adamle jokes.

When Mike Adamle goes swimming, he doesn't get wet; The water gets Mike Adamle.

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts

Mike Adamle's tears cure cancer, too bad he never cries.

Mike Adamle doesn't have a chin underneath his lack of talent, its another fist.

Mike Adamle has counted to infinity. Twice!

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chicago_Nut
Mike Adamle can kill two stones with one bird. And a leg kick.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
If you can see Mike Adamle, Mike Adamle can see you. If you can't see Mike Adamle, you may be moments away from getting leg kicked in the chest
LEGOslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LEGOslayer
Mike Adamle doesn't wear a watch, he DECIDES what time it is.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chicago_Nut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEaAmnJyKI&feature=related

It's almost Tuesday :)
-CoMBaT-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -CoMBaT-
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
I must admit, Vince has a point in his theory if that is his goal. I am wondering what Adamle will mess up tonight. Not sure if it will cause me to turn on ECW, but I'm still wondering. I wish they'd just, you know, make ECW better.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#33 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Did anyone catch what Mike said this week about Edge, instaed of calling him "The Rated R Superstar" mike called Edge "The R Rated Superstar" :P :lol: :P

imbulletpr00f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 imbulletpr00f
did any one catch ECW i want to know if he messed up alot again so i know if i should to tune into the replay friday
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jackov

did any one catch ECW i want to know if he messed up alot again so i know if i should to tune into the replay fridayimbulletpr00f

You can tune in right now to WWE.com's ECW X-Stream webcast of the show.

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#36 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

Mike Ademle doesn't read books, he stares at them until they give him the information he wants.

Mike Adamle can burn ants with a magnifying glass. At night.

Okay I know I'm 4 posts too late, but I say we just post Chuck Norris jokes for a bit.

But seriously, when I watched ECW, I noticed that Adamle didn't say much...I think he's aware that if he speaks, chances are he'll screw something up.

-The_Chris-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -The_Chris-
Member since 2007 • 1923 Posts

Week 2 Bloopers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_Q8GXiVAjc&feature=user

alljoemama92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 alljoemama92
Member since 2006 • 4139 Posts
the tazz messed up
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
I'm really looking foward to Mike Adamle's PPV debut tomorrow to call Kane vs. Chavo. Should be some good commentary.
SAVE_US_KYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SAVE_US_KYJ
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
Im waiting for him to refer to chavo as eddie, you know it will happen, he manages to botch everything, i think he would have been able to ruin the fight from rocky 2 if hed called it, he still adds comedy value though.
jtslade27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jtslade27
Member since 2008 • 3974 Posts
Who knows,now that Foley replaced Coach on Smackdown,Adamle might get replaced by Coach on ECW now.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Link256

Mike Adamle was heavily booed at Backlash last night when he and Tazz made their way to the ring.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Link256
Lance Storm has a column up about WWE replacing Joey Styles with Mike Adamle. Check out the full article here.
lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
new bloopers video? no? yes? please=]
imbulletpr00f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 imbulletpr00f
anyone have all his mess ups for the 3rd week those were really good
Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
Yeah I'm itching to see another one of his botches as well..
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Link256

WWE.com is now reporting that they did finally get in touch with Mike Adamle but that he is refusing to comment on the situation where he walked off of ECW.

Source: 411mania.com

Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jackov
WWE.com is now reporting that they did finally get in touch with Mike Adamle but that he is refusing to comment on the situation where he walked off of ECW.

Source: 411mania.comLink256

I'm gonna guess it was for a "family emergency" or some stuff like that.

imbulletpr00f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 imbulletpr00f

or he was embarrased of his mess ups

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

Source: 411mania.com

Link256
I guess we'd better tune in to Sci-Fi on Tuesday night to find out!