Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts

You know, it is very obvious right now, that the WWE needs to go back to 1 roster, have everybody on Raw and Smackdown, and forget trying to operate 2 seperate brands as it has been a disaster.

Neither Raw or Smackdown has a healthy or deep enough roster to support having seperate rosters anymore. There is too much saturation trying to keep 2 different brands with 2 different rosters and having more then 1 PPV a month is not good.

Both rosters, are simply littered with horrible gimmicks and storylines and they have clearly ran out of ideas for wrestlers.

Both rosters, when they go on the road are going to half empty arenas.

The wrestling and the storylines on both rosters are way too predictable.

If they are going to restart ECW, they will lose some of their roster, another reason to scrap both brands.

In closing, the 2 seperate brand idea has went on for too long and it simply is out of gas and it is time to get rid of it.

Invisible_Kid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Invisible_Kid2
Member since 2003 • 6330 Posts
but even if they merge back together, it dosnt meen better storylines. you can have the best roster imaginable, and still have crappy storylines. sure the action might be good, but everything else will suck.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#3 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
but even if they merge back together, it dosnt meen better storylines. you can have the best roster imaginable, and still have crappy storylines. sure the action might be good, but everything else will suck.Invisible_Kid2
Not neccessarily. More superstarts means more personality, and with more personallity and talent the bookings could be a lot better.
Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
[QUOTE="Invisible_Kid2"]but even if they merge back together, it dosnt meen better storylines. you can have the best roster imaginable, and still have crappy storylines. sure the action might be good, but everything else will suck.Demonic_Jin
Not neccessarily. More superstarts means more personality, and with more personallity and talent the bookings could be a lot better.

I love your sig.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#5 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

[QUOTE="Demonic_Jin"][QUOTE="Invisible_Kid2"]but even if they merge back together, it dosnt meen better storylines. you can have the best roster imaginable, and still have crappy storylines. sure the action might be good, but everything else will suck.Mu5uk0

I love your sig.

^_^ Thanks

Melina's teh secks (as previously mentioned in another thread).

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
We get one of these topics every week and every week it seems like.  Anyways merging the rosters would be horrible, if you think they aren't doing a good job of pushing guys now what would they do with only two hours a week.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
I'd rather have 1 show and some wrestlers on ECW.
jamie_w_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 jamie_w_91
Member since 2004 • 4045 Posts

I am a fan of 2 rosters but they need more depth

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
Then the IC championship would be defended on heat. Too many maineventers
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
If the Smackdown curse will continue, then maybe they should emerge them again.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#11 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
If they want Smackdown to improve, rating wise, bring back the Hardcore Championship to them. Or have it on both brands, one title, defended on both shows.
Avatar image for appaloosa582002
appaloosa582002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 appaloosa582002
Member since 2004 • 8733 Posts

If they want Smackdown to improve, rating wise, bring back the Hardcore Championship to them. Or have it on both brands, one title, defended on both shows.mrgab

Thats a really good idea

ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
if they do go back to one roster then a lot of theyoung studs like carlito, benji, londricks, haas among others would be gone in favor of masters, cena and henry...
Hydro_Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hydro_Dynamo
Member since 2005 • 4838 Posts
[QUOTE="trick_man01"]We get one of these topics every week and every week it seems like. Anyways merging the rosters would be horrible, if you think they aren't doing a good job of pushing guys now what would they do with only two hours a week.

WWE was way better back when there was one roster.  The pay-per-views were full of matches you wanted to watch, unlike now where they have a lot of crappy matches, some of which like the woman's matches which last way too long... and back when there was one roster, there was no need to have 2 commercial breaks in one match.
strongzysk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 strongzysk
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts
I think they should keep the two roster system. It makes things easier than if they had one roster. What I think they should do is try to make it like WWE vs. WCW, a ratings war. Make them like two seperate enterpises, have them fight against each other, but not like the friendly competition we have now, make it personal. This will force the wrinting teams to come up with better, mor interesting storylines.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trick_man01
[QUOTE="strongzysk"] I think they should keep the two roster system. It makes things easier than if they had one roster. What I think they should do is try to make it like WWE vs. WCW, a ratings war. Make them like two seperate enterpises, have them fight against each other, but not like the friendly competition we have now, make it personal. This will force the wrinting teams to come up with better, mor interesting storylines.

They did that at Survivor Series.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Its harder to push new guys of there is only one roster
jamie_w_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 jamie_w_91
Member since 2004 • 4045 Posts

& Seen as the WWE creative team's storylines are rubbish. I think 8 shows per PPV would lose ratings

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts

[QUOTE="mrgab"]If they want Smackdown to improve, rating wise, bring back the Hardcore Championship to them. Or have it on both brands, one title, defended on both shows.appaloosa582002

Thats a really good idea

No, its not a good idea IMO. The Hardcore Championship was a complete joke. It didnt mean anything to a superstar with the belt cause it seemed like everyone in the business seemed to own it an one point. The matches were anything BUT hardcore....trash lids and stop signs equals EXTREME!

:roll:

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trick_man01
[QUOTE="appaloosa582002"]

[QUOTE="mrgab"]If they want Smackdown to improve, rating wise, bring back the Hardcore Championship to them. Or have it on both brands, one title, defended on both shows.Chicago_Nut

Thats a really good idea

No, its not a good idea IMO. The Hardcore Championship was a complete joke. It didnt mean anything to a superstar with the belt cause it seemed like everyone in the business seemed to own it an one point. The matches were anything BUT hardcore....trash lids and stop signs equals EXTREME!

24/7 rules sucked to, I remember one guy got pinned in his hotel room or something like that.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#21 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
[QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"][QUOTE="appaloosa582002"]

[QUOTE="mrgab"]If they want Smackdown to improve, rating wise, bring back the Hardcore Championship to them. Or have it on both brands, one title, defended on both shows.trick_man01

Thats a really good idea

24/7 rules sucked to, I remember one guy got pinned in his hotel room or something like that.

I liked it till the 24/7 rule thanks to Crash Holly. It was great with Steve Blackman and RVD as champs.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

I liked it till the 24/7 rule thanks to Crash Holly. It was great with Steve Blackman and RVD as champs.mrgab
Yeah and that's about it.  The rest of the time its a complete joke.  I, personally, never want to see that title back around RVD's waist (well, shoulder) and who the hell knows what happened to Blackman.

I can tell you one thing, Snitzky and Viscera smacking each other with Cookie Sheets is not going to be the answer to any of the WWE's problems.

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
Let's make the CW belt, the Hardcore CW belt then. That solves all problems
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 trick_man01
Let's make the CW belt, the Hardcore CW belt then. That solves all problemsKotenks

:|... no.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Let's make the CW belt, the Hardcore CW belt then. That solves all problemsKotenks

I am guessing there is note of sarcasm in there, however, if not...

Lackluster, under-used, CWD is still 5x times much better than having "hardcore" division/title, easily.

Honestly, what is so great about having every jobber in the land having title run... how are cookie sheets and shopping carts hardcore?

Simply put, Hardcore title was (and still is) prime example of having title loose all meaning and credibility... prime example of what you should not do, when booking title belt.

Also, WWE has more problems than they can obviously handle, with the belts that are already there in the company... adding more belts to the booking is not the solution... Besides, there is valid reason, with it being very good one, why the hardcore title is no longer around... did you every think about it, in those terms?

mud12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mud12345
Member since 2005 • 3576 Posts

[QUOTE="Kotenks"]Let's make the CW belt, the Hardcore CW belt then. That solves all problemsLink256

Lackluster, under-used, CWD is still 5x times much better than having "hardcore" division/title, easily.

Honestly, what is so great about having every jobber in the land having title run... how are cookie sheets and shopping carts hardcore?

Simply put, Hardcore title was (and still is) prime example of having title loose all meaning and credibility... prime example of what you should not do, when booking title belt.

Also, WWE has more problems than they can obviously handle, with the belts that are already there in the company... adding more belts to the booking is not the solution... Besides, there is valid reason, with it being very good one, why the hardcore title is no longer around... did you every think about it, in those terms?

Dude, you are always making long posts about issues, I like it, you must be smart. 8) :P
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#27 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

if you ever go on wwe.com and read abotu the history on the titles, it seems there is a lame excuse for them to get rid of them. how many people really mis the european title? or the light heavyweight title. maybe hardcore but hell give that one to ECW

[QUOTE="Link256"]

[QUOTE="Kotenks"]Let's make the CW belt, the Hardcore CW belt then. That solves all problemsmud12345

Dude, you are always making long posts about issues, I like it, you must be smart. 8) :P

BadMrSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BadMrSnake
Member since 2005 • 2500 Posts
no, they should keep the rosters, just get rid of the sorry wrestlers.  It's sad that todays wrestlers can't pull off any gimmicks. 
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#29 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Do you think they should add another mens title to raw? Because they have the cruiser on sd?
_Muta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 _Muta
Member since 2002 • 8412 Posts

Ending the brand extension wouldn't hurt the product nor help it. You'd simply get more Hunter, more Taker, more Angle, more Mark Henry, and more HBK, and less Paul London, less Chris Benoit, less Carlito, and less Rey Mysterio. I find it very irritating that people offer this solution like it's some cure-all without considering the consequences. Bad writing and booking is bad writing and booking, no matter how you slice it or dice it. Downsizing it won't make it any better or worse. You'll just have less of an opportunity to enjoy the product as a fan.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

Do you think they should add another mens title to raw? Because they have the cruiser on sd?The_Last_Ride
No way. RAW already has a tough time dealing with all its divisions without the addition of another title. Plus, the womens division on RAW is pretty much shadowed under the rest of the main divisions, ironically like the cruiserweight division from SD!  

Back on-topic...

Bad writing and booking is bad writing and booking, no matter how you slice it or dice it._Muta
Couldn't put it better myself.