SwimPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 SwimPUNK
Member since 2005 • 4214 Posts
What the Title says.  I'd have to say  The 99-01 Smackdown ( pre inVasion ) era.  Lets face it, around that time, Smackdown was the better show ( in my eyes).  Things would start on RAW but erupt on smackdown and it was still easy to follow sotrylines and such.  It was just great. You had the Rock, DX, Stone Cold, The Newcomers ( forgot what they were called but it was Saturn,  Melanko, Benoit, and Gueroro), Jericho, MachMahon Helmsley.  During that time i lived in a poor neightborhood (still do) and went to a poor school, and everyone would come back talking about what happened on Smackdown. Everyone   quoted the rock, and I have to admit, everyone did the worm. Cool charecters like E/C, Dudleys, and  Hardyz were made on that show. I mean,  man it was the greatest. It was a fun time to be a mark.

I always thought that Monday Night Raw was the more raunchy show out of the two, but if you only watched smackdown you never missed anything. Man, I loved those days.

So, uh, yeah?  You?

nsoliveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nsoliveira
Member since 2006 • 26075 Posts
I love Smackdown 2004-2005.
greenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 greenson
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts
WCW '98 -2000 was great. From '78 to '86 I always liked whatever promotions they showed on TBS, USA, & ESPN. NWA, WCCW, WWWF, AWA, it seemed like I could catch at least one of those on TV any day of the week.
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts
Raw and Smackdown between 2000-2002 was the best time in my eyes
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
Raw between 97-99 for entertainment but Smackdown! between 00-02 for best wrestling.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

WCW (mid 96 - mid 98)

WWE (97-2002 minus the InVasion)

TNA (2005)

ROH (2005-Current)

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
Really tough to say, cause the ol' memory ain't what it used to be, but I'd have to go with Nitro around 97-98, as it was the period that really got me back into wrestling.  They managed to do a little bit of everything back then and do it well.  Eventually, 3 hours would hurt them, but at the time they pulled it off quite well.  Meanwhile, I remember turning of WWF at the time and, literally, only seeing Kane and Undertaker shoot lightning bolts at each other, to which I'd sigh and change back to TNT and watch commercials.
Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Total-KO
Member since 2006 • 4057 Posts

RAW from 1997-2002, Briefly in 2004 too.

SmackDown from it's inception to about 2004

Nitro from 1997- 1999

TNA from 2005-Present

Ring of Honor/Indies - Varies but I'm rarely or never disappointed to a point of sheer disgust.

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
Smackdown 2002 I think. Whenever the time Brock was the main heel.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#10 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

Really tough to say, cause the ol' memory ain't what it used to be, but I'd have to go with Nitro around 97-98, as it was the period that really got me back into wrestling.  They managed to do a little bit of everything back then and do it well.  Eventually, 3 hours would hurt them, but at the time they pulled it off quite well.  Meanwhile, I remember turning of WWF at the time and, literally, only seeing Kane and Undertaker shoot lightning bolts at each other, to which I'd sigh and change back to TNT and watch commercials.The_Dude14
Pfft. Bar the "mystical powers" of Undertaker and Kane and that was a good rivalry (at least when you were like...9 years old). But Kane lost every freakin' match.

Anyway. I can't really remember the time perioids of my favorite wrestling...periods. Wrestling was fun when Kane wasn't a wussy and before Triple H started having multiple 9 month title reigns. Those were good times.

Avatar image for appaloosa582002
appaloosa582002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 appaloosa582002
Member since 2004 • 8733 Posts
I haven't been watching wrestling but since oh November of 05, so I'd say RAW of late 2005
BirdBoy_CM_HB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BirdBoy_CM_HB
Member since 2004 • 3599 Posts
What the Title says.  I'd have to say  The 99-01 Smackdown ( pre inVasion ) era.  Lets face it, around that time, Smackdown was the better show ( in my eyes).  Things would start on RAW but erupt on smackdown and it was still easy to follow sotrylines and such.  It was just great. You had the Rock, DX, Stone Cold, The Newcomers ( forgot what they were called but it was Saturn,  Melanko, Benoit, and Gueroro), Jericho, MachMahon Helmsley.  During that time i lived in a poor neightborhood (still do) and went to a poor school, and everyone would come back talking about what happened on Smackdown. Everyone   quoted the rock, and I have to admit, everyone did the worm. Cool charecters like E/C, Dudleys, and  Hardyz were made on that show. I mean,  man it was the greatest. It was a fun time to be a mark.

I always thought that Monday Night Raw was the more raunchy show out of the two, but if you only watched smackdown you never missed anything. Man, I loved those days.

So, uh, yeah?  You?

SwimPUNK
i loved those days too....it all seemed better
BirdBoy_CM_HB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BirdBoy_CM_HB
Member since 2004 • 3599 Posts

WCW (mid 96 - mid 98)

TNA (2005)

ROH (2005-Current)

sephy37
can somebody remind me what is the InVasion?
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

WCW (mid 96 - mid 98)

TNA (2005)

ROH (2005-Current)

BirdBoy_CM_HB

can somebody remind me what is the InVasion?

a low point for the WWE and the most disappointing story of all time.

it was after WWE purchased WCW and well Shane "bought" WCW and teamed up with WCW to fight the WWE. huge disappointment that could have been so much better.

SwimPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SwimPUNK
Member since 2005 • 4214 Posts
Basically, a storyline that the WWE Creative team new all of the fans wanted. It was inevitable. ONly problem was WWE didn't want to spend money on top stars like Sting, Goldberg, Hogan, Nash, Hall, which is funny since alot of them appeared in WWE later. That and Vince dind't want his talent to lose to the competitors' talent. Thus, the concluding moment of the inVasion left the Rock vs. Stone Cold in the ring. We all know that should have been StoneCold vs Goldberg, or Hogan vs The Rock, or something. It all didn't make since, which is why it was a trainwreck. Stephanie MacMahon (kayfabe) owned ECW, Shane MacMahon (kayfabe) owned WCW, and it sucks becuase they brought in Bischoff later and they alreayd had Hayman around that time. It makes me think that WWE wasn't doing it for a good storyline, they were doing it to make sure that WCW (specifically) was dead and burried in all respects. It may not have been obvious to you all, but it was sure damned blantant to me.
jamie_w_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16 jamie_w_91
Member since 2004 • 4045 Posts

My first wrestling event was the '00 Summerslam Pay-Per-View (Back in the old days, PPVs were free on Sky Sports) ...I was like 9-10 ish. For me that was the best time branching up to June-July where the all so boring "Invasion" happened. I think it was WM 17? o the TLC match between the Hardys, Dudleyz & E/C, Jericho vs Benoit (from the Royal Rumble - ladder) Jericho/Benoit friendship/feud with SCSA were some of my favourite wrestling moments. I clearly remember Benoit connecting with 13 German Suplexes on a row to poor old SCSA. I marked out that day :)

I reckon WM 17 is probably my favourite PPV of all time, The Rock/SCSA match was good, Benoit vs Angle, The TLC match and the Game/Taker match... a PPV like that has  yet to be emulated thus far in the WWE. I can honestly say I've not enjoyed a WWE PPV as much as I did back then. People like John Cena & Batista just can't put on a show :|

Right now, I only watch the "E" for a few superstars (...that are misused of course :|) such as Gregory Helms, Shelton Benjamin, CM Punk, Jimmy Yang & James Gibson (...is he even still contracted?) I watch ROH as the shows they put on are clearly better than the "E", TNA is "okay" but the 1-hour time slot causes a lot of cramming which isn't good to see. Their PPVs never disappoint though even if half of the card is thrown together :P