TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
I really love Daniel Bryan because he is better than the best in the world at what he does. Bryan is the one man orchestra played in B Minor. Bryan is the pepperoni eating, thigh beating, submission raising, beard hazing, step off the break, step off the gas, he's environmentally friendly, but not an ass! He is Daniel Bryan and he is AWESOME! And that's the Bottom Line because the IWC says so! I could really go for a peanut butter and 'Nuff said sandwich right now.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Of course.

I'm stunned that he's gotten to the point where he's at right now. When he first started in WWE my thought was "well he's never going to be a main eventer or anything but it will be cool to see him on WWE TV every week". Now he's the most over guy in the company? wtf?

Maybe WWE knew exactly what they were doing with 18 seconds. 

Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

If anything, Bryan doing that 18 second job did more for him than if he had won the match.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TruthTellers

Of course.

I'm stunned that he's gotten to the point where he's at right now. When he first started in WWE my thought was "well he's never going to be a main eventer or anything but it will be cool to see him on WWE TV every week". Now he's the most over guy in the company? wtf?

Maybe WWE knew exactly what they were doing with 18 seconds. 

JML897
This is one of the two reasons why I love DB. Your exactly right when you say that looking back on his debut, and also his firing, nobody could have conceived that Bryan would have risen to the top or pin John Cena in the main event of SummerSlam to win the WWE title. Bryan deserves every bit of praise that he's been receiving lately. Now the only thing that would make Bryan even bigger is a high profile feud with a heel CM Punk whose been chosen by Triple H to be the future of the WWE. That'd be so much better than a Punk-Axel dual; Punk-Lesnar was great, but Punk-Axel is not what anybody wants to watch because everyone knows that Axel is this year's Ryback. The whole reason he's got his daddy's strap on his waist is to make him out to be something he's not: a charismatic wrestler that doesn't need a manager's help to connect with the crowd.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
I love DB as a performer bc he's so much better at wrestling than everyone else... That super German suplex?! Who else would've done that w Rollins or even been allowed? His abilities are elite and he worked his way from the ground up to earn his place 
Transfer_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Transfer_Point
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

The whole reason he's got his daddy's strap on his waist is to make him out to be something he's not: a charismatic wrestler that doesn't need a manager's help to connect with the crowd.TruthTellers
I think you are putting way too much emphasis on Axel holding the IC title. It's only his "daddy's belt" in name only. Nobody gives a crap about the modern IC title. 

If anything, the modern world heavyweight tile is more like the belt Perfect held.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

If anything, Bryan doing that 18 second job did more for him than if he had won the match.

Transfer_Point

I agree.

The only reason I don't think WWE planned for the reaction he got afterwards is that news sites etc were all saying that at the time WWE really wanted Sheamus to be the next face of the company. That didn't happen since after WM there was a backlash against him and eventually it got to the point where people don't really care about Sheamus. 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TruthTellers
^ It also didn't help that he was stuck in a 3-4 month feud with Alberto Del Rio. Sheamus is weak enough on the mic as is when he's a face and pairing him with Del Rio was a colossal mistake in both guys booking. But I think that Sheamus improved greatly this year, the quality of his work in his matches was high, his performance at MitB was very good as he took the biggest bumps in the match. Overall, I'm looking forward to Sheamus' return, but I want to see something different from him if he returns as a face, or maybe make Sheamus a "Paul Heyman Guy." Wait a minute. Sheamus vs Lesnar, Street Fight at Elimination Chamber for the managerial services of Paul Heyman.