Debra Marshall, Steve Austin's ex-wife, speaks out on Benoit issue and Austin.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

CREDIT: PWTorch

Steve Austin's ex-wife, Debra Marhsall, commented on the Benoit Family Tragedy in a story published by My Fox TV in Colorado:

Regarding domestic abuse and drugs in pro wrestling, she said: "The domestic and drug abuse is out of hand in the WWE and something needs to be done about it."

Regarding the pattern of deaths in pro wrestling, she said: "In the last ten years, 60 wrestlers under age 45 have died... all in the prime of their lives. Big strong men, who somehow die with little or no investigation of the organization that encourages performers to use muscle-enhancing drugs."

The article concludes:

Ms. Williams claims she and Nancy Benoit's stories are very similar.
Both sought help from law enforcement because of domestic abuse. In 2003, Benoit sought a divorce from Chris Benoit saying he physically abused her, she also asked the courts for a restraining order. Williams did the same thing on the third occasion when she says she was attacked by "Stone Cold."

Williams says, like Benoit, Austin all but forced her to write a letter to authorities saying her complaint was a mistake. But in Williams's case, the courts put Austin on probation for a year. In return, Ms. Williams was placed under a gag order, forcing her to remain silent about the "dark side" of professional wrestling, filled with drugs, booze, and domestic abuse.

"If only I had spoken up sooner, maybe Nancy and her little boy would be alive today... that's why I'm going public now, something has to change!"

In the TV report, she said:

-"Everyone thought we had this wonderful life, had this big house, worked together."

-"Steroids! He (Steve Austin) was doing steroids. I saw him do it, so I know he did it."

-"I have lived it. I have lived domestic abuse. I don't even want to think about what Nancy went through."

-"Why kill your wife, who's innocent, and why kill your seven year old, a little child. That's why I have to speak up. I've been silent for too many years." She said a gag order prevented her from talking about it her case with Austiin for a year.

-"I know what it feels like to have someone really, really big on top of you hitting you."

-"I had him arrested for hitting me."

-"I have a huge voice being that I was a wrestler, in it, abused, and married to the top guy. I'm glad I'm alive."

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
wow, Steve tok drugs, wow...
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
The flood gates are opening. The coming months are going to be very difficult on wrestling fans...
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts

The flood gates are opening. The coming months are going to be very difficult on wrestling fans...wallymartin

I don't know why they'd be hard on us wrestling fans, when you can tell just by looking at some wrestlers whether or not they have possibly taken steroids. Austin, for instance, is much bigger now (stomach area not included) than he was when he was actually wrestling. It's been a clear and well known fact (at least to me anyway) that some people (big names) can get away with more than the average guy.... In Benoit's case, a question that should be asked is whether or not he got his prescription through a doctor that the WWE sent him to.

Either way, the WWE in paticular is going to be affected by this... and the wrestling fans who have been 'in the dark' so to speak, will have questions themselves to ask.

oshane_leagull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 oshane_leagull
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts

wow, Steve tok drugs, wow...The_Last_Ride

You can't seriously just now be realizing that? Steroids are obviously common in the WWE. Not just in guys like Batista but there was the report from SI of guys like Rey doing them, and I think it was kinda apparent too that benoit did them and his smaller size kind of kept people from saying that. I bet at least 70-80% of the wrestlers have taken or do take steroids for non-injury related reasons, whether it was to boost their size or just because they're just to lazy to go to the gym.

Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

It really sucks to have to admit to this and to actually believe it, but steriods are very common in wrestling.While Austin was not one of the bigger guys that doesn't rule out the possibility that he may have used them.

It's gonna really suck to be a wrestling fan in the upcoming months. Everytime I turn on the news now and they talk about the Benoit tragedy, it's nothing but negativity towards wrestling and wrestling fans. It really sucks.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
It looks like the cat is out of the bag for pro wrestling, particulary WWE Superstars. I had no idea Austin was or is doing this. WWE needs to change their view of what a top star should look like. Being the biggest guy doesn't always get drawn to.
ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts

It looks like the cat is out of the bag for pro wrestling, particulary WWE Superstars. I had no idea Austin was or is doing this. WWE needs to change their view of what a top star should look like. Being the biggest guy doesn't always get drawn to. KevyR

If a wrestler is small (Rey for instance) that doesnt necessarily mean that he isnt taking roids.

oshane_leagull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oshane_leagull

[QUOTE="KevyR"]It looks like the cat is out of the bag for pro wrestling, particulary WWE Superstars. I had no idea Austin was or is doing this. WWE needs to change their view of what a top star should look like. Being the biggest guy doesn't always get drawn to. ff7cloudking

If a wrestler is small (Rey for instance) that doesnt necessarily mean that he isnt taking roids.

Thank you, that's what I said....

Howell123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 Howell123
Member since 2006 • 1534 Posts
Yeah but admit it every atlethe takes steriods or some time type of drug whether it's Athletics or weight lifting they all do it! plus I read about Austin attacking Debra in a newspaper about 2-4 years ago....
oshane_leagull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 oshane_leagull
Yeah dude, your starting to bug me. We all know the Debra/Austin thing happend a while ago, this interview isn't from a while ago so that's why I imagine it was posted. And, your stupid. Every athelete does not take steroids or some kind of drug, I said a good percent of them do. Do I actually know if that's even somewhere in the ballpark? No. But I can tell you as a fact that all athletes don't neccesarily do drugs.
Howell123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 Howell123
Member since 2006 • 1534 Posts
I have a few examples , but I don't wanna go into a whole debate involving other atheltes that are not related to this topic....i stand by my opinon and so do you..and i think we should leave it at that!
Captious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Captious
Member since 2007 • 3374 Posts

I wouldnt be shocked to here that any WWE wrestler is taking steroids..

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Now this is going to sound callous, probably because it is, but I really don't give a **** about what the ex-Mrs. Steve Austin and the ex-Mrs. Steve Mongo McMichael has to say right now. Now Steve Austin beat her and that's not something I want to take lightly, it is a serious situation. However, I don't think Debra is hurting too much with whatever percentage of Steve Austin she got in that divorce. I don't think she was hurting either from her divorce from McMichael which she also turned into a career in wrestling. And I believe Steve Austin also got stabbed by another ex-wife, so I think there's some balance in this world on that front.

If I viewed this as Debra stepping forward to help the plight of wrestler's wives, I might be sympathetic. It'd also be a bit more effective if this wasn't something that happened years ago and came from someone like Randy Orton's girlfriend or something. However, I see this as Debra using a tragedy to get her surgically enhanced features back in the spotlight instead of any altruistic desire to help other wrestler's wives who may have domestic situations and I have very little tolerance for that.

artiebillymac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 artiebillymac
Member since 2005 • 903 Posts
I for one believe debra is getting one last shot at austin why didnt she speak up years ago after the one year gag order just trying to get one more shot at some kind of spot light fame but what chris did is way worse then what austin did & if chris didn't use roidsall claim's are bs & something else went wrong for those days.