Complete WWE Smackdown Taping Results: 9-5-06 (SPOILERS)

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/44962/

Credit: Michael Langan II and Wrestlingobserver.com

Dark match

-Henry Godwinn b Bull Buchanan. Bull tried his leaping to the turnbuckle kick and fell on his ass. They went home and Godwinn hit the Slop Drop. Crowd booed Godwinn. Crowd booed Bull. Crowd booed the match. Crowd popped when it was over.

Smackdown

-Modified open, same crappy music. The "new" people are all over the new intro.

-Finlay b Misterio clean. Probably 2 segments (commercial) and it went about 15:00. Seriously top stuff. Misterio blows a spring board from the ropes and then gets caught with the EF for the win. Then the JBL thing
mentioned already. Misterio walks away.

-Kennedy b Jobber You Knew with his Samoan Drop finish. He did pre-match talking Tyler up and said he had a major announcement. Post match he called for Long and then did a tease of wanting Cena. He said he may go to RAW to do it. Long said that Kennedy hadn't beaten everyone on Smack Down! and would fight Undertaker at No Mercy.

-Kendrick/London/Massaro b McCool-Alexander/James/Stevens. Hot stuff with Kendrick & London. Kendrick pinned James with a sunset flip/Dropsault combo. Basically, a modified version of the finish with the Highlanders on RAW (only involving the girls and no Haas doing a suplex).

-Lashley b William Regal with the Oklahoma Stampede. Vito did commentary.Regal did pre-match mic work talking about the match the week before. Regal said he'd refuse to wrestle Vito again and would be facing a real gentleman.

-The Miz b Matt Hardy with a roll-up holding the tights after Helms knocked Hardy from the top. Miz did pre-match mike work and was schlock. Miz is annoying as sin. Hardy is still over.

-Vickie Guerrero was introduced as Chavo's new business manager. She did mike work and was booed. Chavo b Tatanka with a frog splash clean.

-Teddy was in the back with MVP. MVP said he wanted Cena money. Long said something that no one around me heard but the crowd went "oooooooh" for. MVP said Long would regret it.

-King Booker T b Batista when Finlay hit Batista with the shilleleigh. Regal did a run in through the crowd with knux and got stopped on the outside. Sharmell tried to toss in a chair. While the ref was dealing with
the chair and Sharmell, Finlay came out and whacked Batista over the head with the shilleleigh. Finlay then destroyed Batista after the fall with the weapon, then rammed him into multiple exposed turnbuckles. Crowd was super hot for Batista. They ran a promo for the match, the entrances, then the match as 3 segments. Counting 2 for Misterio/Finlay that's the 10 for Smack Down!

They had some time to kill during the SD taping and had the T-shirt guy come out at one point (prior to the Chavo match). JBL eventually got the gun and was shooting Cole with it. He ran down Chimmel, who was jumped in the aisleway by Johnny Ace and then shot him. Actually, it looked like everyone was having tons of fun. Charles Robinson was the ref for Chavo-Tatanka and was very good at dodging JBL's attack.

ECW ring change. They basically destroyed 3 seats in the front row and gave a kid and his family backstage passes. Very cool, I thought.

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts

They had some time to kill during the SD taping and had the T-shirt guy come out at one point (prior to the Chavo match). JBL eventually got the gun and was shooting Cole with it. He ran down Chimmel, who was jumped in the aisleway by Johnny Ace and then shot him. Actually, it looked like everyone was having tons of fun. Charles Robinson was the ref for Chavo-Tatanka and was very good at dodging JBL's attack.

Link256
That seems like it would be the highlight of the show sadly, and we probably won't see it. Lodricks tag match is ruined by Ashley.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

the miz over hardy......

wow

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts

the miz over hardy......

wow

sephy37

Yeah I don't know what WWE sees in him.
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts
[QUOTE="sephy37"]

the miz over hardy......

wow

keiblerfan69

Hello....

Annoying as sin + no in ring talent = Future WWE Champion.

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bulletproofcow
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"][QUOTE="sephy37"]

the miz over hardy......

wow

WWEMAN101

Hello....

He's a mini Cena! Wait...if Cena loses and does go to Smackdown, then it would be the battle of the no talents! Miz vs. Cena basically makes me want to fry up a puppy.
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WWEMAN101
[QUOTE="WWEMAN101"][QUOTE="keiblerfan69"][QUOTE="sephy37"]

the miz over hardy......

wow

bulletproofcow

Hello....

He's a mini Cena! Wait...if Cena loses and does go to Smackdown, then it would be the battle of the no talents! Miz vs. Cena basically makes me want to fry up a puppy.

Dude, future Wrestlemania Main Event:

John Cena

vs.

"The Miz"

for absolutely no reason

for the WWE Championship.

WOOOO!!!!!111!!!111!!!!!one!!!

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
I'll be watching this week, show appears decent.
SwimPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 SwimPUNK
Member since 2005 • 4214 Posts

Hello....

WWEMAN101

Yeah. Chris Jericho had no in ring talent. Chris Beniot had no in ring talent. Bret Hart had no in ring talent. Brock Lesnar had no in ring talent. Kurt Angle had no in ring talent Eddie Guerero had no in ring talent. . The list goes on, eh? They were all very annoyiung as well. Well, one of them, but lets not get in to that.

You guys get it mixed up. There are some wrestlers who have minimal in ring talent but have great mic skills and were great champions, such as The Rock, Stone Cold, etc. Such as in vice versa, just give Chris Beniot or Brock Lesnar a mic. Brock had great charisma though, and played the heel well.  As long as they had a good amount of one so that it'd over shadow the other, then they're fine.

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bulletproofcow
[QUOTE="WWEMAN101"]

Hello....

SwimPUNK

Yeah. Chris Jericho had no in ring talent. Chris Beniot had no in ring talent. Bret Hart had no in ring talent. Brock Lesnar had no in ring talent. Kurt Angle had no in ring talent Eddie Guerero had no in ring talent. . The list goes on, eh? They were all very annoyiung as well. Well, one of them, but lets not get in to that.

You guys get it mixed up. There are some wrestlers who have minimal in ring talent but have great mic skills and were great champions, such as The Rock, Stone Cold, etc. Such as in vice versa, just give Chris Beniot or Brock Lesnar a mic. Brock had great charisma though, and played the heel well.  As long as they had a good amount of one so that it'd over shadow the other, then they're fine.

I understand what you're saying, but we've yet to see anything thats a big deal so far out of the Miz, whether its in the ring or out. If he can get a little less annoying on the mic, he should be fine. I think what WWEMAN was saying was if you're bad on the mic and have little in ring talent, you still can get pushed to the moon. I'm not going to argue with your points, ranging from the sarcasm in the first paragraph to the seriousness in the second. Though I think Benoit can still do an acceptable promo, enough so he doesn't look bad. Miz will need to play to the crowd who aren't giving him a snowball's chance in hell. On a side not with the Kennedy deal, is it just me or does it seem like someone from SD! is going to interfere in the TLC match at Unforgiven so Cena has to come to SD! ? The way Kennedy was talking made me think it would be him, setting up a feud with Cena on Smackdown.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
Punk i have to disagree with Kurt Angle, he was good from the get go... if I think I saw the right debut match
WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WWEMAN101
[QUOTE="WWEMAN101"]

Hello....

SwimPUNK

Uh, I didn't say that all WWE Champions were talentless users and annoying as sin. I just said that you could still become champ whie being annoying as sin and a talentless loser.

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
Am I the only one who notices that week by week, they make Chavo and Vickie, BLOOD relations of Eddie seem more heelish whilst a friend of Eddie is made more Facish?
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
This week edition is good enough.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

Am I the only one who notices that week by week, they make Chavo and Vickie, BLOOD relations of Eddie seem more heelish whilst a friend of Eddie is made more Facish?dRehkJY

Vickie is Eddie's blood relation? Ew!

straven_marven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 straven_marven
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts
I dont beleive vickie is a blood relation....
Avatar image for Dark_NoobSaibot
Dark_NoobSaibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dark_NoobSaibot
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
The Miz reminds me of the idiot on Days of Our Lives..who is from the real world who should just stay off TV
ceilinglamp001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ceilinglamp001
Member since 2005 • 152 Posts

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]