shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts

WWE World champion Batista recently did a chat with The London Sun discussing a number of topics. Here is what he had to say about TNA:

TNA as a competitor to WWE: "I've actually not ever watched any of their shows. I saw a press conference that they did, which I wasn't very impressed with. I've also seen clips of their car wreck matches with AJ Styles doing his stunts. That's not wrestling. Wrestling is storytelling. But at the same time, I have friends in TNA and I wish them the best. Those type of matches definitely have their place, it's just not my thing. I also welcome the competition, which I think can only be good for the wrestling business."

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what to say. I  am speechless. :|

lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts

WWE World champion Batista recently did a chat with The London Sun discussing a number of topics. Here is what he had to say about TNA:

TNA as a competitor to WWE: "I've actually not ever watched any of their shows. I saw a press conference that they did, which I wasn't very impressed with. I've also seen clips of their car wreck matches with AJ Styles doing his stunts. That's not wrestling. Wrestling is storytelling. But at the same time, I have friends in TNA and I wish them the best. Those type of matches definitely have their place, it's just not my thing. I also welcome the competition, which I think can only be good for the wrestling business."

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what to say. I  am speechless. :|

shoot_em_up123

well.....i.....hmmm...im sorry im speechlees too:|

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
And I gained so much respect for Batista after he's impressed me with his title run. :( Now, he sounds like an idiot.
Avatar image for Biggestgeekever
Biggestgeekever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Biggestgeekever
Member since 2004 • 10520 Posts
Batista is a bafoon.
Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts
hes gonna get crap for that
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
wow... tista is a "dummy" for that one...  hopefully that was mcmahon talking and not tista
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

"I also welcome the competition, which I think can only be good for the wrestling business."

Okay, at least he had one smart thing to say in that interview.

As for the rest of it...whatever! :roll:

nellyg619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 nellyg619
Member since 2004 • 6832 Posts
err....wow. I thought wud like TNA but it looks like he doesn't consider TNA as wrestling. This is suprising and shows a different side to him. I think he's got the wrong idea of what wrestling is bout
tripleryan2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 tripleryan2004
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts

I respect what Batista said, mostly because amateur wrestling is all about the mat technique, and all about the stunts to keep your opponent down, same with professional fighting/boxing. But professional wrestling is about wearing down an opponent with wrestling moves that entertain the crowd. But, what's more entertaining is telling a story... Building up to the matches to make it a really big deal to have that certain match. I mean think about it. If wrestling was all about doing moves and having random people wrestle ALL night, it would be pretty boring. And if wrestling was all about the good wrestlers and pure high-flying crap, it would be the most annoying thing ever. That's why I love it when WWE mixes Rey Mysterio with the mid-weights or heavy-weights (even though that's what ruined him).

Generally, he's right. Wrestling is Sports, but it's also Sports-Entertainment. Entertainment means all of the storyline stuff, and all the general fun stuff, like specialty matches, promos, etc.

TNA rules, but WWE is just one step ahead. Sorry :)

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

How much did he get paid to say that "Wrestling is storytelling..."? :|

Anyways those "stunts" make TNA what it is. The two companies are different in many ways. TNA is more wrestling which expands into more entertainment. Styles isn't really a stunt man. He is just atheletic and very co-ordinated. The way Batista was going made me feel that the WWE Superstars are old and lazy with him saying TNA is not his thing.

-Jerichoholic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Jerichoholic-
Member since 2005 • 513 Posts
JBL was right. Although Batista has a million dollar body, he really does have a 5 cent brain. 
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
JBL was right. Although Batista has a million dollar body, he really does have a 5 cent brain. -Jerichoholic-
Haha, nice! Im just speechless for what he said though. "Storyline makes wrestling"? Nah, he's just jelous that he cant do the stuff they do, so he picks on them because he is stronger. BTW, WWE doesnt have anything on TNA, how are they one step ahead? Tell me please, cause I dont consider "entertainment" as half hour promos, non wrestling abilities, and terrible storylines that makes me fall asleep. Hmmm...and I bet he's just covering WWE for banning high risk moves....pathetic. Absolutely pathetic Batista, I lost respect for you in a split second after I read that.
shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts

[QUOTE="-Jerichoholic-"]JBL was right. Although Batista has a million dollar body, he really does have a 5 cent brain. Chicago_Nut
Haha, nice! Im just speechless for what he said though. "Storyline makes wrestling"? Nah, he's just jelous that he cant do the stuff they do, so he picks on them because he is stronger. BTW, WWE doesnt have anything on TNA, how are they one step ahead? Tell me please, cause I dont consider "entertainment" as half hour promos, non wrestling abilities, and terrible storylines that makes me fall asleep. Hmmm...and I bet he's just covering WWE for banning high risk moves....pathetic. Absolutely pathetic Batista, I lost respect for you in a split second after I read that.

I lost a lot too.  I read that and I was disapointed in Batista.  He is a great wrestler but come on, "Storylines make Wrestling".  If it was the storylines it would just be a soap opera.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
i like hoe he said "Wrestling is storytelling"
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

"Wrestling is storytelling."?!  Uhhhh......I think Batista Bombed on that one. :lol:

oreoshane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 oreoshane
Member since 2005 • 4472 Posts
After reading that I've lost respect for WWE and Batista.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I still respect the guy. I guess Vince probably paid him to say that, in my opinon. I honestly think Batista like the wrestling, but Vince is in his head. Hell, Vince is in everyone head everyday.
Kitanya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kitanya
Member since 2003 • 2359 Posts

"Wrestling is storytelling."?! Uhhhh......I think Batista Bombed on that one. :lol:

Jackov

BA-ZING!
Yeah, Batista, you're a dumbass. You're just saying you like WWE better because you're their poster boy, and you're getting paid  hundreds of thousands of dollars to put your thumbs down. You suck.