DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 DMethot
Member since 2006 • 408 Posts
What does everyone thinks about the style of having the same cars in most games but different drivers? Do you like this idea or think the drivers should be the same too? If you think the drivers should be different, should the stories be the connected or tied in to the old drivers?
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

That's an interesting idea; I was never crazy when so many drivers were replaced with new ones with the coming of Twisted Metal: Black. For example, Roadkill got a totally new character and new storyline, and though I did enjoy John Doe's story I still thought it was out of place under the Roadkill name. If the character and vehicle deign stay the same and just have a new name, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

I found the stories a lot more interesting when a lot of the original Twisted Metal 2 drivers and storylines returned in Twisted Metal: Head On. Of course, some vehicles never keep the same driver, Warthog for example. Still, I like the idea that the vehicles are tied to their old drivers, it could make for an interesting storyline that could reveal the past of the characters, and could be candy for us long-timers but not over the heads of newcomers of the series.

DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DMethot
For the longest time, I hated having new drivers, I loved the fact that cars would reappear along with it's driver giving them another shot at winning the contest. The more I think about it now, the less it makes sense. How can someone win the contest one year, having killed all of his opponents, and those same people enter the contest at another point. I guess it must fall between the story line that the contest truly isn't real.
ewewewewewew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ewewewewewew
Member since 2009 • 771 Posts

well there is one way to explain why a car is used by another person,if the person that was using the car gets killed,calypso takes the cars to his secret hideout,fixes them,and new people that wish to participate will just choose one of the empty cars,and that explains.
icecoldmarty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 icecoldmarty
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
Let's put it this way it's harder to like the other characters but eventually they could be more I like so it's an good idea now a bad one would be replacing Sweet Tooth.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jakek
Member since 2003 • 1473 Posts
i like having the new characters. if the characters from the original game kept being used, i think i would lose interest in most peoples stories real quick
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DMethot
true. I def see the cars as being the characters anyways.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jakek
Member since 2003 • 1473 Posts
yeah. i usually see the car as an extension of the character's personality
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts
Same here. I just can't see any other character but Mr. Grimm riding a motorcycle, but it's pretty apparent by some of the gameplay released that (online, at least) there will be different vehicle classes which you spawn into each time you die. The biggest question is probably if the few characters with their own offline tourney (or whatever it will be) will still be driving their own cars, or if you can select different cars for different battles.