This topic is locked from further discussion.

twistedslu99er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 twistedslu99er
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
to be honest i would have created a poll but dont no how to who thinks the NEW TWISTED METAL will be announced at E3?
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 DMethot
Member since 2006 • 408 Posts
I don't want to Jinx it, but I'd say 90% chance it will be announced at E3. I remember last year people thought it would be announced at E3 and Jaffe shot it down and said he expects to be on the floor at E3 for this year. He also said he hated how people complained about E3 not having any surprises anymore because games are constantly being covered. Just seems to be the right place to do it.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jakek
Member since 2003 • 1473 Posts
yeah, like ^ post, i don't want to jinx it, but i'm pretty sure that it will be announced. i hate to say it, but if it isn't at this E3 i kind of have the feeling it might not get made. maybe im just being pessimistic about it, but the PS3 has been around for a while and i just feel like at this point, most of the old exclusives from older generations have made their debut (aka: metal gear, GOW, final fantasy (though its now on 360), nothing else is coming to mind, crap)
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DMethot

Pretty cool fan poster.

http://twitpic.com/1dx9ob

DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DMethot

http://www.linkedin.com/in/j2thev

Guy who does work for Sony. Game listed on the resume is Twisted Metal Harbor City - PS3. Normally wouldn't say anything because I know the original was scrapped for the PS2, but it says PS3 next to it. Hmm.... 

jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jakek
hmmm... good find. i hope they release info before e3. im going crazy waiting for some type of announcement
gmans33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 gmans33
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
I think they will announce it. I'm also really hoping they announce it! I've been waiting for a ps3 TM since I bought my system.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DMethot
Jaffe also just posted his drawings/blueprints for how the movies will be. Very tough to make out what he has written, but he does have a stick figure in there with flames for hair.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jakek
do you have a link for that? id like to see it
twistedslu99er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 twistedslu99er
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

BTW have you seen david jaffes twitter page its got TM written all over it literally.

Somthings gotta be announced soon

DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DMethot

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BPdwCWy3-18/S8UUHZeyR5I/AAAAAAAAB_c/V3QJnVlvOmA/s1600/board.jpg

DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DMethot
I've been following Jaffe's twitter account and he said he hasn't been asked to show anything at E3... God I hate Sony sometimes. Plus he's been saying the reason why he can't announce the game is because Sony hasn't actually given the green light that the game will hit the market though there's a really good chance it will. He said a lot of times the games will get to the final stages of development and they get the bad news that the game is being scrapped, so Sony doesn't want to announce a game, with the chance it will get scrapped.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jakek
man i hope they dont do that. i want a new TM game for PS3 so badly
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jakek
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/04/19/twisted-metal-harbor-city-not-even-close-to-eat-sleep-plays-new-title/ that isn't too reassuring
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DMethot

He did say that, but I made the comment to him right after that my Twisted Metal dreams for the PS3 are shattered and he sent this back to me

@dtmethot "Your HARBOR CITY dreams should be shattered.Twas a game Incognito was working on in like 2005/6. That's what I was referring 2."

There's still hope.

jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jakek
oh ok cool. some hope emerges then.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DMethot

Was looking at some of Jaffe's old video blogs from when he first started making his game. The videos pretty crappy but the audio's good. He basically is reading a comment from MrCamo that is bashing Twisted Metal as a series and how it should have been a one game thing and didn't deserve all of the sequels. Then they talk about the new game and sarcastically say MrCamo's going to love the new game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/twisted-metal-3-confirmation/243867

It's old, but why would they suddenly stop making the game? 

jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jakek
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1086581p1.html looks like some bad news... or he is just lying about it
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts
Well, it's pretty obvious that this is Sony trying to keep ESP's new game a secret, even though it's overwhelmingly obvious that it is going to be a new Twisted Metal. This is just Sony keeping handle on Jaffe, and making sure he doesn't give out any more details before the announcement. But for the E3 announcement, he does sound pretty strong about it not being at the show. But at the same time, he sounds just as strong about it not being TM, so I guess I'm getting mixed reading. Anyways, I suppose the waiting continues until E3, and just cross our fingers Sony's just trying to make the announcement a surprise.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DMethot

I'm honestly no longer sold that the new ESP game is Twisted Metal. The comment that Jaffe made saying the game he's making is far from Twisted Metal Harbor City is a total kick in the nuts. He's always talking about how he's not trying to give out secret hints and he will answer questions about his game if it's within reason, but saying that it's "far from it" is bad news IMO.

A new IP would be cool, but not if it means no new TM. 

MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MuddyMaestro
I'll certainly say this; with all of the negative news the waiting is just painful now. :x There's so much evidence towards it being Twisted Metal, but for every step we take forward, Jaffe seems to just be puching us back. I'm still pretty sure that this is just Jaffe talking for Sony, but the sad fact is we can't be certain.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jakek
totally. im just doing the "i'll believe it when i see it" thinking. there's no point in getting my hopes up only to have them crushed when there is no announcement at e3. this way, if they do announce it, it will just be a surprise for me
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MuddyMaestro

This will be me if it is announced at E3.

:P

DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DMethot
I'm officially convinced we aren't getting a new Twisted Metal due to Jaffe's recent tweets. God I hate him.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DMethot

On second thought......

Michael Pachter among others were being interviewed on Bonus Round about E3. He is an analyst in the industry and knows a lot about upcoming games, software, hardware, etc. Anyways, they were talking about Sony and the Move, and Pachter was saying Sony does have some good first person games coming out "like Jaffe's Twisted Metal 2." The host tried to stay cool and whispered, it's not announced yet, and Pachter said or whatever he's working on. I don't know what to believe but it seemed like a genuine slip up to me.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/405?ch=1&sd=1

gmans33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gmans33
Just watched the video and it looks promising. Really looking forward to E3 now, and I believe now that a twisted metal game is going to be announced. I wasn't very sure before because of all the wishy washy info out there, but I like what I saw in the interview.
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DMethot
I do too. OF course Jaffe is playing it off as a joke on Pachter's part but you can tell he realized he wasn't supposed to say anything as he was saying Twisted Metal 2. Pachter didn't play it off as a joke and said sorry Jaffe, because he knew i was a big mistake. Only time will tell I guess.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jakek
sounds promising. only time will tell. and only we can hope...
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jakek
ah its getting so close... i really hope they announce a twisted metal game
gmans33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gmans33
Just read Jaffe's blog, and I'm excited now for E3. Check it out. http://davidjaffe.biz/ He now says he'll be at E3 and Sony is checking out his demo of his new game this weekend. He still won't say what the game is, but it's gotta be a new TM. At least I'm really hoping...
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DMethot
I'm not sure it will be TM. He constantly says it isn't. He might be lying just to make it surprising, but he's usually pretty upfront about questions. Then again, he has said if he were to make a TM, it would be a reboot to the franchise, which makes it sound like a new title altogether. Unfortunately only time will tell.
gmans33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gmans33
I knew it!! TM has been announced !!!!
DMethot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DMethot
Give the people what they want. It looks epic. I'm honestly trying to find someplace that's willing to let me preorder it now.
jakek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jakek
am SOOOO EXCITED!!!! it looks freaking awesome! can't wait
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MuddyMaestro
I'm going to close this thread now. Move all conversation to the announcement thread.