Borderlands 2 launch! - Gamespot score = 8.5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

borderlands_2-610x314.jpg

Gamespot review

Video review

Now if all this sounds familiar, well, you must have played Borderlands before. Borderlands 2 doesn't reach far beyond its predecessor's scope, but it does do almost everything better. Additions, refinements, and fixes all combine to create an appreciably improved experience, one that fully delivers on the promise of the first game. While Borderlands felt empty at times, this sequel is bursting with content and brimming with life, making it an absolutely delightful way to spend hours and hours and hours of your free time.

-Chris Watters

At long last, Borderlands 2 is finally here! Man I can't wait to play this. Going to be torture sitting through classes today...

Feel free to share your thoughts on the game!

(sorry if someone else was going to create a thread about this, didn't see one though so I thought I'd do it myself. Not meant to be a full-blown hype thread, just one for discussion).

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Glad to see it's better than the first game. I'll pick it up when the price comes down a bit.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

My copy will be arriving from Amazon this morning, so I'm looking forward to playing it all day!

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Looks great. I knew it would be; the first game is one of my favorites from this generation. I'm waiting for the full version to hit, so it's gonna be a long while before I get to play it. I'll still be reading the thread for impressions, though.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I will be picking up my preorder after all. I forgot that Gearbox was doing this:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/borderlands-2-dlc-out-october-16-6396247

This is how it should work, really. Incentivize Day One Buyers with additional content at no charge -- the exact opposite of how the rest of the idiot industry has handled it, which has been to penalize this important demographic by rewarding people who wait. Honor me and treat me right, and I'll be there on launch day every single time. Act like fvcking scoundrels and I'll wait until you make almost no money off me.

I had preordered the 360 version back when... I wonder if they'll let me switch. If not, oh well. I can fire the old bltch up for one last game besides Halo 4.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

If Black Ops II scores higher than this I'm going to be pissed.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

I will say that gamespot's review is pretty much on the money. It's Borderlands; they didn't really change much, they just improved everything from the original. The story is already more interesting, Handsome Jack is one of those villains that are likable even though he is a jerk, the AI is smarter(not a whole lot smarter, though), the guns do seem more varied although I'm still rather early in. The enemy variety is bigger, I can tell that already. Vehicles are back, but sadly they control the same as before.

I picked the Siren, and thus far I'm having a pretty good time. I will say though, if you got tired of brown in the first game you'll breathe a sigh of relief when you start seeing colors outside of gray and white. First couple hours of the game that's about all you'll see. As much as I miss phasewalking, the phaselock is great in it's own right. Come on to a group with a bunch of enemies that has a badass in their ranks? Throw him in a bubble and dispatch the rest. On more than one occasion that has been a saving grace.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

8.5 sounds about the right score.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

My copy will be arriving from Amazon this morning, so I'm looking forward to playing it all day!

Metamania

:D Same here, off today so I'll be playing it the whole time.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts

If Black Ops II scores higher than this I'm going to be pissed.

MikeMoose
dont even worry about it. it may or may not, but we all know which game got the most effort put into it.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Metamania

I just got home with my copy and I'm waiting for a friend to get off work before I start playing. Borderlands 2 all day long baby!

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

Played it with my brother and had a blast. Gonna play it again right now. Steam ID is mmking9999.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Just got home and installing it now on the 360. Gamertag is Joco Dynamo if anyone is interested in playing together (promise I won't be jerk about loot).

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
I didn't like BL1 as its environment was dull and barren, and the AI was pretty bad. THis game has more varied enviroments but not sure about rhe AI. If it's better, then I might get this game
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i got it. ill check out the single player mode after i get my work done, but ill wait for a buddy to get free if it ends up like the first one where it just doesnt hold its own alone. im more into the experience of local co-op.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Metamania

Been playing since three with a friend of mine and got done for a little while. I think I'm going to start up a single-player game with a Ninja class of my own here in a bit. :)