A series' most popular title is often strongly loathed by long time fans!

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

STXSambodog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 STXSambodog
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

I noticed that the most popular installment of a huge franchise such as Final Fantasy seem to be strongly loathed by long time fans of the franchise who has been playing the game franchise prior to its most popular installment's release.Here are very BIG EXAMPLES I NOTICE:

1)The Elder Scrolls

The fourth installment,The Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion,is the highest selling installment of this RPG series and is considered by many casual gamers to be the best WRPG ever.But long time fans who have been with this series since the first title,The Elder Scrolls Arena,considers this installment to be the worst in the whole franchise.Instead most long time Elder Scrolls fans agree that The Elder Scrolls 2:Daggerfall is the best in the series.

2)Fallout

Fallout 3 has been a mega hit,having sold over 4 millionand is now beloved by casual gamers.But fans who have played the first 2 Fallout games back in the 90s really hate Fallout 3 and calls it a disgrace to the Fallout franchise.They will say notthing but bad things about Fallout 3.

3)Resident Evil

Resident Evil 4 is the top selling installment in the RE franchise and is considered by critics to be the best in the series.But longtime RE fans strongly dislike this game and criticize it for taking out key features of the franchise.Long time RE fans often say this game is the worst in the series.

4)Final Fantasy

As you all now,Final Fantasy 7 sold over 7 million copies world wide and is considered by many people who were introduced to the franchise by this installment to be the best RPG ever.But long time Final Fantasy fans who have been with the FInal Fantasy since the SNES days hardly calls Final Fantasy even near one of the best in the franchise.Instead most longtime FF fans consider Final Fantasy 4 or Final Fantasy 6 hand down the best in the series.Long time FF fans will not hesitate at bashing this FF7 and will often post forums about how Final Fantasy 7 is overrated,how it sucks,how it is the worst in the franchise,and every other insults they could post about FF7.

Any of you noticed this too?That long time fans of a franchise tends to strongly dislike the most popular installment of the franchise and will do everything they can to bash and insult the most popular installment of their beloved franchise?

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

And some long time fans like those games.

It's always the haters that go out of their way to make themselves heard.

MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts
nostalgia.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

It's kind of like Heavy Metal bands; you gotta keep it tr00.

"Hey, did you like the new Summoning album?"

"WHEN IT COMES TO SUMMONING, ONLY THE EARLY DEMOS ARE REAL! EVERYTHING ELSE IS FAKE!"

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Mostly the "really popular title" is dumbed down compared to the other titles in the series.

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

That which gets fans gets haters on the same amount. And as its been said, most popular mean its generally dumbed down to attract more people.

mynameisdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 mynameisdumb
Member since 2003 • 3647 Posts
That's because nonconformists dominate the internet. It's the same reason Avenged Sevenfold was supposedly cool before they were popular, and the same reason some people don't like the movie the Dark Knight because they say it's not true to the comic book's roots. :roll:
redbaron3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 redbaron3
Member since 2004 • 984 Posts

Mostly the "really popular title" is dumbed down compared to the other titles in the series.

Yandere
This is the truth in it all... then again im a fan of both the fallout and elder scrolls series but I didn't dislike either TES4 or FO3... IMO they could of been much much MUCH better but im still glad I bought both of them day one.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Resident Evil 4 was Hated among long time fans!?:shock:

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Juken7
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Popularity and haters seem to go hand in hand in all forms of entertainment.

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juken7

LegatoSkyheart

There does seem to be a small faction of RE fans who want the series to return to the original style, tank-like controls and all

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Juken7

If they hated popularity then why would they buy the other games in the series listed? I simply think people want the series to stay in its roots, when I get into a video game series I expect the sequel to have the same sort of gameplay/concept as the previous game that I enjoyed. I wouldn't like it if I was a big fan of the first Fallout then see the series transform into a FPS RPG.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

You can thank these. ;)

NostalgiaGoggles.png image by arjungandhi

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Juken7"]

Yandere

If they hated popularity then why would they buy the other games in the series listed? I simply think people want the series to stay in its roots, when I get into a video game series I expect the sequel to have the same sort of gameplay/concept as the previous game that I enjoyed. I wouldn't like it if I was a big fan of the first Fallout then see the series transform into a FPS RPG.

I agree with this. I can't speak for Oblivion, but the others you listed were radical departures from their respective series. If you're new to a series, you either don't know that or don't care, because you're new. To long time fans, that can be a huge turn off, especially if the popularity changes those series for good.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

LegatoSkyheart
In a way yes as a long time fan of Resident Evil I was slightly disappointed by RE4's approach. Its a great game I won't deny that but it removed a lot of what I loved for the originals. I know people say RE was starting to get dated but I really don't see why they couldn't have kept the same style and atmosphere but with the new control scheme. I felt thats what made RE feel dated. The control scheme. Sort of imagine RE1 with next-gen graphics and the new third person control scheme. It would be fantastic.
Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Juken7

[QUOTE="Juken7"]

Yandere

You misinterpret what I meant. I can understand why people are upset with Fallout, Oblivion, FFXII, and others that greatly change or dumb down the series.

I was more making a general comment about how people react to things they dont like that are popular. For example, Halo, CoD, Metal Gear, FF, etc get way more hate in the gaming world because they are popular. And sometimes fans within a series have this sort of reaction to popular installments, too.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

LegatoSkyheart

Some. Mostly because it doesn't really play like a Resident Evil game.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="Juken7"]

Juken7

You misinterpret what I meant. I can understand why people are upset with Fallout, Oblivion, FFXII, and others that greatly change or dumb down the series.

I was more making a general comment about how people react to things they dont like that are popular. For example, Halo, CoD, Metal Gear, FF, etc get way more hate in the gaming world because they are popular.

Yeah, but the CoD guys have a reason at least. The change from CoD 2/3 style gameplay to CoD 4 style alienated a lot of the old fans. Some people also generally dislike some series. There's a lot of posters on this board that hate Halo, MGS, FF, etc for valid reasons. But I see your point.
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

It's a natural tendency for old-timers to keep their nostalgia goggles on. For without them, they cannot see what they want to see.

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Juken7

Yeah, but the CoD guys have a reason at least. The change from CoD 2/3 style gameplay to CoD 4 style alienated a lot of the old fans. Some people also generally dislike some series. There's a lot of posters on this board that hate Halo, MGS, FF, etc for valid reasons. But I see your point.DarkLink77

I'm guilty of it too sometimes. I've hated on Halo and CoD in the past more than I otherwise would simply because lots of people love em and I don't. It's something I have to try to change about myself!!! :P

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

I was i die hard Halo fan till Halo2, i hated the story for that game. then i was hoping Halo 3 would fix that,but all bungie did for Halo 3 was focus on theMP gamers not the SP people.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Longtime RE fans say 4 is the worst? All I've heard RE fans say is that RE5 is by far the worst in the series. >_>
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Yeah, but the CoD guys have a reason at least. The change from CoD 2/3 style gameplay to CoD 4 style alienated a lot of the old fans. Some people also generally dislike some series. There's a lot of posters on this board that hate Halo, MGS, FF, etc for valid reasons. But I see your point.Juken7

I'm guilty of it too sometimes. I've hated on Halo and CoD in the past more than I otherwise would simply because lots of people love em and I don't. It's something I have to try to change about myself!!! :P

I think everyone's guilty of it at some point... But they say admiting you have a problem is the first step... :)
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I disagree with #1. Elder Scrolls was always boring as hell to me. Oblivion was just the pinnacle of how boring elder scrolls could be. Bethesda are grand masters of put me to sleep tactics.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
because its been dumb down to appeal to the masses and losses what what special about the previous games.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It's true. The most popular, mainstream titles are usually the most dumbed down, ie, The Elder Scrolls(Oblivion), Fallout(3), Call of Duty(Modern Warfare 2), etc. Greed is getting the best of more and more developers and they make games simpler for the mainstream casual market, and end up alienating the fans. I sure as hell hope GSC Gamee World doesn't end up like this.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#27 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Half of it is nostalgia and the other half is higher expectations.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#28 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

This... it works in every genre too..

Dues EX 1 was great until they made the 2nd game for the xbox and it was linear with small areas and a bad plot... dumbed down the rpg elemets , took out stats, and it just sucked comapred to the PC original!!!

Call of Duty Series.... When it went to consoles as the main platform in MW2, they took out lean, took out dedicated servers and took out large player counts... effectiivly "dumbing down" the game!

Ghost Recon -- > GHost recon on the PC was a hardcore strategy shooter when it went to the Consoles with GRAW it got "dumbed down" to an action game.

Baldur's Gate --> Console versions of Baldurs gate 1 and 2 were nothing like the PC versions and just Diablo clones (good games for what they were but they pale in comparison to the PC Games.)

Unreal 3 (UT99, UT03/04 were ****c pc arena based shooters and when unreal tornament 3 went to console it lost the "Tornament" part and became Unreal 3 it took out server browsers, dedicated servers , and all the models looked like gears of war clones.. plus the pc version had Console menus with no graphic tweaks... It was a slap in the face to all PC gamers waiting years for this game!!!

I guess it's really games being Consolized.. .what we pc gamers used to call "consolitis" , a dreaded disease which alienates fans and kills franchise appeal for selling out for big bucks from the casual console crowd.se appeal for selling out for big bucks from the casual console crowd.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Well, seeing as the most popular titles tend to be watered down, easy to beat/play entries that take a steaming crap on the earlier titles, yeah...it's kinda logical the longtime fans will loath them.

STXSambodog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 STXSambodog
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

jg4xchamp-Regardless of what you think of The Elder Scrolls series,mllions of casual gamers bought Oblivion and consider it the best WRPG ever.As for boring as hell,you obviously haven't played the second Elder Scrolls game,Daggerfall.IMHO Daggerfall is the best game ever!You really do feel like you are in another world when you play Daggerfall!!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Midnightshade29

This... it works in every genre too.. Dues EX 1 was great until they made the 2nd game for the xbox and it was linear with small areas and a bad plot... dumbed down the rpg elemets , took out stats, and it just sucked comapred to the PC original!!! Call of Duty Series.... When it went to consoles as the main platform in MW2, they took out lean, took out dedicated servers and took out large player counts... effectiivly "dumbing down" the game! Ghost Recon -- > GHost recon on the PC was a hardcore strategy shooter when it went to the Consoles with GRAW it got "dumbed down" to an action game. Baldur's Gate --> Console versions of Baldurs gate 1 and 2 were nothing like the PC versions and just Diablo clones (good games for what they were but they pale in comparison to the PC Games.) Unreal 3 (UT99, UT03/04 were classic pc arena based shooters and when unreal tornament 3 went to console it lost the "Tornament" part and became Unreal 3 it took out server browsers, dedicated servers , and all the models looked like gears of war clones.. plus the pc version had Console menus with no graphic tweaks... It was a slap in the face to all PC gamers waiting years for this game!!! I guess it's really games being Consolized.. .what we pc gamers used to call "consolitis" , a dreaded disease which alienates fans and kills franchise appeal for selling out for big bucks from the casual console crowd.

All this talk about these franchises is making me sad. Especially Call of Duty. Why did Gray Matter have to close!? They were better developers than Infinity Ward and Treyarch combined!!!

gmc2u_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gmc2u_64
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Juken7

There does seem to be a small faction of RE fans who want the series to return to the original style, tank-like controls and all

So, they want the clunky controls, out of place puzzles, ink ribbons, crappy combat, and the wierd camera angles back when they complained about those things in RE0? I mean, REmake & RE0 (The original RE Games that I played) AREN'T bad, but there IS a reason that the series rebooted. ...they're gonna sic Mr X, Birkin, and Nemises on me, aren't they?

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Longtime RE fans say 4 is the worst? All I've heard RE fans say is that RE5 is by far the worst in the series. >_>Doolz2024
This is very true. Many RE fans throw compliments at 4's atmosphere and amazing settings, despite the action approach it took. 5 has the same action focus (albeit more so with the shoehorned coop element.) and none of the awesome atmosphere and certainly none of the amazing settings.
Flanker15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Flanker15
Member since 2004 • 1526 Posts

The Fallout 3 hate is fully justified but I've never had a problem with Re4 and only heard of a few long time fans not liking it. Oblivion isn't hated by long time fans since it's the same as every Elderscroll game.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="Juken7"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

gmc2u_64

So, they want the clunky controls, out of place puzzles, ink ribbons, crappy combat, and the wierd camera angles back when they complained about those things in RE0? I mean, REmake & RE0 (The original RE Games that I played) AREN'T bad, but there IS a reason that the series rebooted. ...they're gonna sic Mr X, Birkin, and Nemises on me, aren't they?

I think a lot of people dislike RE4 because the genre wasn't survival horror anymore. It felt like a third person action game that didn't even bother to steal what was great about GeoW's cover system. Though the new controls were nice, I'll admit.
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Midnightshade29
Longtime RE fans say 4 is the worst? All I've heard RE fans say is that RE5 is by far the worst in the series. >_>Doolz2024
RE5 is a by-product of RE4... RE4 started the mess of RE not being really horror any more and being an action game. PLay previous RE games before RE4 and there was a big difference. I loved RE1-3 , RE 1 was the first game I played on PS1 and it made me buy the system.. RE4 takes out a lot of key elements that made the old games so much fun, like puzzles for one and unique enemies.. the newer games are just shooters... not my thing at all. And Re5 is the worst!!! Took the whole epic horror story out in favor of the popular gears of war style co-op... it sucks as I hate forced co-op games! (especially on games that aren't supposed to be co-op..it would be different if it wasn't a numbered re game.. it should of been a spin-off.)
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Lol, nostalgic elitists.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Phoenix534

The Fallout 3 hate is fully justified but I've never had a problem with Re4 and only heard of a few long time fans not liking it. Oblivion isn't hated by long time fans since it's the same as every Elderscroll game.

Flanker15

That's somewhat true about Oblivion. It's not all-around hated, but most of the true fans will quickly say it's the weakest of the main series, and that's definitely true. Still, it's a good game. Although, Bethesda needs to hire people that know what the definition of "Good story" is. Hell, I'd settle for it having a competent story. Just not the crap "stories" they put in their games.

gmc2u_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gmc2u_64
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

[QUOTE="gmc2u_64"]

[QUOTE="Juken7"]

DarkLink77

I think a lot of people dislike RE4 because the genre wasn't survival horror anymore. It felt like a third person action game that didn't even bother to steal what was great about GeoW's cover system. Though the new controls were nice, I'll admit.

I'll admit, RE4 did have alot of action, but are you telling me that the Village, Verdugo, Regenerators, & U3 aren't Survival Horror material?

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SpiritOfFire117

I was i die hard Halo fan till Halo2, i hated the story for that game. then i was hoping Halo 3 would fix that,but all bungie did for Halo 3 was focus on theMP gamers not the SP people.

lordreaven
If by "die hard" you meant you played the first one alot and owned all the novels up to that point, then I'm sorry to say that I have a tough time believing that.
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Midnightshade29

[QUOTE="Flanker15"]

Phoenix534

That's somewhat true about Oblivion. It's not all-around hated, but most of the true fans will quickly say it's the weakest of the main series, and that's definitely true. Still, it's a good game. Although, Bethesda needs to hire people that know what the definition of "Good story" is. Hell, I'd settle for it having a competent story. Just not the crap "stories" they put in their games.

Yeah... Oblivion was so fun at first ... until you found that all the dungeons were basically the same, weapons like spears, halbards, claws, individual armors , spells were missing and that the story just plain sucked... Most of us TES fans wanted a deep game like morrowind but with Oblivion graphics... thank god for the modders (if only I could run the game without it crashing after an hour!)
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="gmc2u_64"]So, they want the clunky controls, out of place puzzles, ink ribbons, crappy combat, and the wierd camera angles back when they complained about those things in RE0? I mean, REmake & RE0 (The original RE Games that I played) AREN'T bad, but there IS a reason that the series rebooted. ...they're gonna sic Mr X, Birkin, and Nemises on me, aren't they?

gmc2u_64

I'll admit, RE4 did have alot of action, but are you telling me that the Village, Verdugo, Regenerators, & U3 aren't Survival Horror material?

They're horror material, but horror doesn't make a game "survival horror."

I can understand why people like RE4 and RE5 style gameplay more than the previous titles, but they were really a step in the opposite direction. I would have liked to see RE evolve, just like I'm happy to see FF evolve with XIII. But RE4 didn't evolve it just started up a new series with modified returning characters. That's just how I feel about it.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="gmc2u_64"]So, they want the clunky controls, out of place puzzles, ink ribbons, crappy combat, and the wierd camera angles back when they complained about those things in RE0? I mean, REmake & RE0 (The original RE Games that I played) AREN'T bad, but there IS a reason that the series rebooted. ...they're gonna sic Mr X, Birkin, and Nemises on me, aren't they?

gmc2u_64

Oops... my bad when referring to GeoW forgot RE4 came out first. That part is meant for RE5. :P I didn't find them scary in the least. They were well though out sections... but they weren't scary.
Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

Not all, but some of them hate popularity probably because they felt unique and different liking a game that not many people knew about. All of a sudden, that precious gem of a game has become rung out so many times that it's no longer "cool" to like the game, it's trendy. Pretty simple really.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="lordreaven"]

If by "die hard" you meant you played the first one alot and owned all the novels up to that point, then I'm sorry to say that I have a tough time believing that.

The halo novels sucked big time, And i beat Halo: CE on legendary 5 times (made it throuh it once dying only twice the wholel game). And why would you doubt me?
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Midnightshade29

Not all, but some of them hate popularity probably because they felt unique and different liking a game that not many people knew about. All of a sudden, that precious gem of a game has become rung out so many times that it's no longer "cool" to like the game, it's trendy. Pretty simple really.

Lethargika
It has nothing to do with being "trendy" i don't give a squat about sales or any of that crap, I like all the FF games and they are popular... but just look at my examples and you can't seriously not see the dumbing down effect: Dues EX 1 was great until they made the 2nd game for the xbox and it was linear with small areas and a bad plot... dumbed down the rpg elemets , took out stats, and it just sucked comapred to the PC original!!! Call of Duty Series.... When it went to consoles as the main platform in MW2, they took out lean, took out dedicated servers and took out large player counts... effectiivly "dumbing down" the game! Ghost Recon -- > GHost recon on the PC was a hardcore strategy shooter when it went to the Consoles with GRAW it got "dumbed down" to an action game. Baldur's Gate --> Console versions of Baldurs gate 1 and 2 were nothing like the PC versions and just Diablo clones (good games for what they were but they pale in comparison to the PC Games.) Unreal 3 (UT99, UT03/04 were ****c pc arena based shooters and when unreal tornament 3 went to console it lost the "Tornament" part and became Unreal 3 it took out server browsers, dedicated servers , and all the models looked like gears of war clones.. plus the pc version had Console menus with no graphic tweaks... It was a slap in the face to all PC gamers waiting years for this game!!!
Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

[QUOTE="Lethargika"]

Midnightshade29

It has nothing to do with being "trendy" i don't give a squat about sales or any of that crap, I like all the FF games and they are popular... but just look at my examples and you can't seriously not see the dumbing down effect: Dues EX 1 was great until they made the 2nd game for the xbox and it was linear with small areas and a bad plot... dumbed down the rpg elemets , took out stats, and it just sucked comapred to the PC original!!! Call of Duty Series.... When it went to consoles as the main platform in MW2, they took out lean, took out dedicated servers and took out large player counts... effectiivly "dumbing down" the game! Ghost Recon -- > GHost recon on the PC was a hardcore strategy shooter when it went to the Consoles with GRAW it got "dumbed down" to an action game. Baldur's Gate --> Console versions of Baldurs gate 1 and 2 were nothing like the PC versions and just Diablo clones (good games for what they were but they pale in comparison to the PC Games.) Unreal 3 (UT99, UT03/04 were ****c pc arena based shooters and when unreal tornament 3 went to console it lost the "Tornament" part and became Unreal 3 it took out server browsers, dedicated servers , and all the models looked like gears of war clones.. plus the pc version had Console menus with no graphic tweaks... It was a slap in the face to all PC gamers waiting years for this game!!!

Yea i agree, in your case you genuinely dislike the way the games turned out, but I know a few people who are the way I described simply because the game became too popular for them.

When it comes to crappy sequels though, for me, it's Resident Evil, I absolutely loved RE 1-3 with a passion, when they released number 4 and turned it into COD, I wanted to shoot myself. I'm not talking nostalgia, trendiness, or popularity, just simply a fantastic third person survival horror turned rotten. :cry:

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="lordreaven"]

lordreaven

The halo novels sucked big time, And i beat Halo: CE on legendary 5 times (made it throuh it once dying only twice the wholel game). And why would you doubt me?

Seeing as you just denounced the novels, then I guess it's safe to assume that you weren't a fan let alone a "die hard" fan to begin with. Unless of course you consider yourself a liar.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#49 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
It's not Final Fantasy 7 I hate, it's the people who overhype and overrate the game to the moon.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Hate is the loudest, there are still a lot who love it, probably a majority, but that's what the haters resent and... seek to destroy.