Viva Fidel Castro ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

what do you think of fidel castro?

Malcolm X and Fidel Castro by The Smoking Section.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Do you see him smoking that cigar.. Therefor he gains 500 awesome points. Therefor, based on the things he does to lose points, he is 1 point awesome,.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

He's awesome and a good friend of Canada, he's that dude.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

I like him sort of. The Communist Revolution brought a lot to Cuba including a now very high literacy rate I believe. But he lets a lot of drug trafficking go on and that makes me sad.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
Hell no. I'm Cuban I and detest what he's doing with Cuba, especially since a big part of my family lives there :evil:
D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts

By regional standards, he's done a pretty great job; sure there's no political dissent, but compared to other Latin American countries, this isn't that unusual. He's kept the country safe and stable, raised literacy to the highest in the Caribbean, invested in alternative energy sources and instituted a universal health care system. I'd take Fidel's Cuba over Colombia or Nicaragua any day.

DuaneSeigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 DuaneSeigler
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
http://hubpages.com/_first7hubs/hub/20-Of-The-Most-Famous-Hispanic-Men
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
My favorite dictator of all time.
the_new_guy_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_new_guy_92
Member since 2009 • 884 Posts

By regional standards, he's done a pretty great job; sure there's no political dissent, but compared to other Latin American countries, this isn't that unusual. He's kept the country safe and stable, raised literacy to the highest in the Caribbean, invested in alternative energy sources and instituted a universal health care system. I'd take Fidel's Cuba over Colombia or Nicaragua any day.

D_Battery
And he dedicated 40% of the nation's GDP to education, our politicians should take notes.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I think when he took over Cuba he did many great things for the country. There are some things I disagree with but for the mostpart I do not dislike him. It is difficult to evaluate how well he has led Cuba due to the trade embargo but from what he has done despite it seems quite good. It would be nice to see how different Cuba would be if the embargo wasn't there. From personal experiences in Cuba the people don't seem unhappy, Cuba just seems like a regular Latin American country.
smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts
I'd have a soda with him. :)[spoiler] :P I don't drink beer. [/spoiler]
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

I don't like him, all he does is make idiotic remarks regarding the United States.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

All I know is that people are willing to sail out into shark infested waters on nothing but wooden planks strapped together to escape his island. That's usually not a good sign of a great government or leader.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snipes_2

All I know is that people are willing to sail out into shark infested waters on nothing but wooden planks strapped together to escape his island. That's usually not a good sign of a great government or leader.

sonicare
Lol :lol: Really?
D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts
Lol at the uber-bump. I liked how I phrased that post of mine though... High five old me!
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
I like him, he's cool. If you knew your history and learn about him, than you'll see that most of the things you hear about him are lies.
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts

I don't like him, all he does is make idiotic remarks regarding the United States.

Snipes_2
see what I mean, this kid knows nothing
the_new_guy_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_new_guy_92
Member since 2009 • 884 Posts

sonicare
To join their family that where kicked out the country by Fidel and ended up in the U.S..
IronBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IronBeaver
Member since 2009 • 1986 Posts

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

J-WOW

He doesn't like the US?

*runs and joins fidel castro facebook page*

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
He hasn't been relevant in 50 years. The only reason he gets any attention is because we still have embargoes (that haven't been relevant or needed in 50 years) against Cuba.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

The only credit I can give the man is that he gave Christmas back to the people after Pope John Paul II asked him to.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Not a huge fan.

yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yabbicoke
Member since 2007 • 4069 Posts
He's a dictator who has brought a lot of suffering to Cuba.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
he gets points for smoking awesome cigars and being more machine than the terminator.
6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
My favorite dictator of all time. wstfld
Same here, I hope he stays alive for a long time. :D
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
He has a beard, therefor... oh, you guys know what I mean. Also, what's with the giant bump? Why do people have to make accounts just so they can make an irrelevant bump with an unfamiliar link (one that I don't trust, anyway)?
SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

He said that the US sunk that North Korean ship. :lol: I think those cigars might be laced with something.

On topic: He's was a dictator, so I automatically don't like him, but as far as dictators go, he's not ALL that bad, compared to, say, Ceausescu.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

he is awesome :(

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

I don't hate him, but at the same time, I don't like him. He didn't bring everything he promised when he was voted in as a very popular leader.

The only thing I can say he has done very well is with the literacy rates of Cuba. If I remember correctly, it's about 99%.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

I think he's great. He's and icon among icons. He and Che helped save the people of Cuba. People hate on him cause he was communist, but that besides the point, compaired to how much he helped fight for his people.

GrabTheYayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrabTheYayo
Member since 2010 • 1315 Posts

him and che are G's. will go down in history as the most influential men in the history of mankind.......hataz gon' hatttee

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BAHAHAHAHAHA
Member since 2010 • 178 Posts
Hell no. I'm Cuban I and detest what he's doing with Cuba, especially since a big part of my family lives there :evil:XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Tell me more!
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
He betrayed The Che, i dont like him at all
Kakarot589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kakarot589
Member since 2007 • 30107 Posts

Iknow a few things about himand yet I'm half Cuban:|

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts
He's a man putting his own ego above the citizens of his country.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Wow, I can't believe some of the responses in this thread. Some of the responses are downright infuriating.

There's a reason why 99% of the Cuban population (including those outside of Cuba) absolute hate him with passion. Fidel Castro is like Latin America's Hitler Sure, you can argue that he raised literacy and whatever, but look at how much the Cubans suffer inside the country. They have nothing. They barely even have decent food to eat. I've heard stories from Cuban exiles that told me most of the time they only get a few sticks of bread to eat every day and thats it.

They live in terrible homes, most with no electricity and bad running water. They have no Holidays. They don't even celebrate New Years day. They are forced to work ridiculous amounts of hours of labor per week.

Castro is also one of the most corrupt dictators in history. It is estimated that he has at least twice as much money as the queen of Enlgand. All the money he has taken for himself instead of giving back to the people of Cuba.

Not to mention the thousands of people that have been murdered for being "traitors" to the country.

The day Fidel Castro dies will be a great day of celebration for the Cuban people. Seriously, Cubans hate him so much they usually throw a party everytime he even gets sick.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

Why not ask the Cubans who risked their lives crossing the Atlantic Ocean to reach Florida?

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Snipes_2
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

J-WOW

Can you enlighten then please?
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
As a dictator he's pretty despicable. Sure he's done some good things but he's also done a huge amount of bad things. But damn if he doesn't look cool smoking those cigars.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#41 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

I actually enjoyed the History unit on him back in my old History class. So yes, I do like him.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Wow, I can't believe some of the responses in this thread. Some of the responses are downright infuriating.

There's a reason why 99% of the Cuban population (including those outside of Cuba) absolute hate him with passion. Fidel Castro is like Latin America's Hitler Sure, you can argue that he raised literacy and whatever, but look at how much the Cubans suffer inside the country. They have nothing. They barely even have decent food to eat. I've heard stories from Cuban exiles that told me most of the time they only get a few sticks of bread to eat every day and thats it.

They live in terrible homes, most with no electricity and bad running water. They have no Holidays. They don't even celebrate New Years day. They are forced to work ridiculous amounts of hours of labor per week.

Castro is also one of the most corrupt dictators in history. It is estimated that he has at least twice as much money as the queen of Enlgand. All the money he has taken for himself instead of giving back to the people of Cuba.

Not to mention the thousands of people that have been murdered for being "traitors" to the country.

The day Fidel Castro dies will be a great day of celebration for the Cuban people. Seriously, Cubans hate him so much they usually throw a party everytime he even gets sick.

Samurai_Xavier
Couldn't have said it better myself.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 magiciandude

[QUOTE="Samurai_Xavier"]

supa_badman

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I second that agreement. The responses here are enough to make me leave OT for a week. :|

EDIT: That does it. I'm out of here for a week.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I think his a smart individual and I like what he did in cuba.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 magiciandude
I think his a smart individual and I like what he did in cuba.Fightingfan
Tell that to the Cubans who risked their lives crossing the Atlantic Ocean to get to the US.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

He's the warden of a prison that is called Cuba!