Will PS2 Memorycard to PS3 USB Adapter work on a PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Hey guys, I was planning to get my PS2 Memorycard files on my PC for editing purposes.
I was thinking about getting that PS2 Memorycard to PS3 USB adapter because it has an USB interface. Would I be able to extract my PS2 memorycard files to my PC when I hook it up through USB?

Thanks in advance!

lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

I can see no reason why not. PS2 memory cards are just storage devices, much like USB flash drives, so yeah I think it would work. Just give it a go, you're not exactly going to destroy your PC, even if it doesn't work.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

I can see no reason why not. PS2 memory cards are just storage devices, much like USB flash drives, so yeah I think it would work. Just give it a go, you're not exactly going to destroy your PC, even if it doesn't work.

lukas1051
Then tomorrow we get a thread saying "SONY KILLED MY PC!!!11!" :lol:
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
yes you can. Ive done it before.
Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Can I also put files onto my memorycard?
At the poster above, do I need to install anything or does it list as an flash drive?
It's the only memorycard I have so I have to be really cautious my memorycard won't go corrupt or something else happans.
Oh and btw. I use Vista, my PC can't get any worse than that. Maybe it will even put my laptop out of misery caused by the sufferings of the cancer called Windows Vista.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

Can I also put files onto my memorycard?
At the poster above, do I need to install anything or does it list as an flash drive?
It's the only memorycard I have so I have to be really cautious my memorycard won't go corrupt or something else happans.
Oh and btw. I use Vista, my PC can't get any worse than that. Maybe it will even put my laptop out of misery caused by the sufferings of the cancer called Windows Vista.

Locutus_Picard

The adapter you buy should come with a Cd with software on it and yes you can put files on it. It wont corrupt your memory card as well, ive used one and its perfect.