Sands of Destruction (World Destruction) original DS RPG from a all-star team

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

http://ds.ign.com/articles/937/937556p1.html

December 10, 2008 - SEGA of America, Inc. announced today that the exclusive Nintendo DS™ title, Sands of Destruction™, will be releasing in North America. Critically acclaimed in Japan and gaining recognition through the television anime World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokuni™, gamers will experience an action-packed story featuring a unique range of characters, a gorgeous artistic atmosphere and an intense RPG battle system.

"We are very excited to bring this original RPG to the U.S.," states Yoichi Shimosato, producer of Sands of Destruction. "Our very talented team is eager to showcase the unique world and gameplay experience of Sands of Destruction and they firmly believe we have created an RPG world that can be enjoyed by everyone."

In Sands of Destruction, a race of powerful beastmen known as the Ferals rule over the human population with tyranny and prejudice. A group of warriors, the World Annihilation Front, believe their only option for ending the corruption of the Ferals is to end the world as they know it. This intense game puts gamers in control of an intriguing cast of characters including the crusading Morte Ashera as well as Kyrie Illunis, who unknowingly holds the key to global destruction. Gamers will explore a fantastic world, traveling across oceans of sand, battling colossal enemy monsters and unraveling the mystery of the creation of the world.

"SEGA is excited to be bringing this innovative, engaging IP to Nintendo DS," states Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing for SEGA of America, Inc. "With the incredible talent and vision of the development team, Sands of Destruction promises to deliver the next epic RPG experience to gamers everywhere."

Featuring an all-star team of Japanese RPG developers, Sands of Destruction utilizes the upper and lower DS screens for its dynamic battle system, including major boss battles where elite monsters take up both DS screens. Mixing traditional turn-based tactics with fighting game mechanics to create an intense gameplay experience, Sands of Destruction also features an innovative "Quip system" where characters utter inspiring battle commands that enhance abilities and boost attributes to give them various advantages during battle. As the story unfolds new battle commands will be discovered and gamers will be able to customize the different commands to each character.

Sands of Destruction will be released in fall 2009, exclusively for Nintendo DS™.

http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14235197/sands-of-destruction/images/world-destruction-screens-20080530050013449.html?page=mediaFull

Sands of Destruction PictureSands of Destruction Picture

40ozbastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 40ozbastard
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

I don't think I will like that game because I can't understand the language in the screenshots.

Carl.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I don't think I will like that game because I can't understand the language in the screenshots.

Carl.

40ozbastard
Um...it will be translated once the game comes to the US.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Is this game really that good? I've been umming and arring about getting it for ages. It stares at me everytime I go to the mall (In fact I was pumped for it before release) but I just can't seem to find enough good vibes about the end product on the net for met make the plunge.
ace244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ace244
Member since 2005 • 73 Posts
Naruto kun?