EarnedInBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EarnedInBlood
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The Pacific War is a World War II television drama mini-series, produced by HBO, which is currently in development. It is the successor to Band of Brothers. Whereas Band of Brothers focused on United States involvement in the European Theater of Operations, the new series will be about the Pacific Theater of Operations. The Pacific will not be associated with any of the characters from Band of Brothers and is to be based primarily on two memoirs by U.S. Marines: With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for My Pillow by Robert Leckie. The series will tell the stories of the two authors and celebrated Marine John Basilone, as the war against the Empire of Japan rages.

The Pacific War is being spearheaded by Bruce McKenna, who was one of the main writers on Band of Brothers. Hugh Ambrose, the son of Band of Brothers author Stephen Ambrose, will serve as a project consultant. And producers, of course: Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts

so, some new news... cool. well, finally... i didn't understood what take them so long. It was annonced long ago.

Anyway, i add one link too:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

EarnedInBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 EarnedInBlood
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Why do I get the feeling that im always the last to find out these things..

m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 m1rock
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
lol I guess I should have mentioned this, but Ive been following "The Pacific" for several months now lol It looks good.
GamingBoy2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 GamingBoy2009
Member since 2005 • 1651 Posts
This is the first time Ive heard of this. I must be slacking off. Well anyway, thanks for the news. I am definatly looking forward to it. I wonder what missions it will follow? There were a lot of battles in the Pacific after all.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lewuz

I watched Band of Brothers in 2005 (i think it was 2005) and that time i made some research. I guess i discovered back then that Spielberg-Hanks will make 10 part miniseries about Pacific theatre as well.

m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 m1rock
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts

Here is a website if you want to stay up to date with the film.

http://www.pacificfans.com/
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lewuz
wow, thats cool, thanks!
Icarus405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -119

#9 Icarus405
Member since 2004 • 16773 Posts

The Pacific War is a World War II television drama mini-series, produced by HBO, which is currently in development. It is the successor to Band of Brothers. Whereas Band of Brothers focused on United States involvement in the European Theater of Operations, the new series will be about the Pacific Theater of Operations. The Pacific will not be associated with any of the characters from Band of Brothers and is to be based primarily on two memoirs by U.S. Marines: With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for My Pillow by Robert Leckie. The series will tell the stories of the two authors and celebrated Marine John Basilone, as the war against the Empire of Japan rages.

The Pacific War is being spearheaded by Bruce McKenna, who was one of the main writers on Band of Brothers. Hugh Ambrose, the son of Band of Brothers author Stephen Ambrose, will serve as a project consultant. And producers, of course: Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.

EarnedInBlood

Awesome! I haven't heard anything about this.

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lewuz

I watched Band of Brothers in 2005 (i think it was 2005) and that time i made some research. I guess i discovered back then that Spielberg-Hanks will make 10 part miniseries about Pacific theatre as well.

lewuz

I have to correct myself. I knew about Pacific War project before, because already in late 2004 (dunno exactly, in november - december) I wrote about Spileberg's plan in MoH Pacific Assault review. Still, this don't explain when project started and when i learn about it first...

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lewuz

"The Pacific" 10 part miniseries is now slated for March 2010 release.

I just watched trailers and pictures and I'm really excited about it.

I was also curious when the project started, or were reported, initially. As I noted 2 years ago I was aware of that series long before. Well, after some research I found an answer: July 21, 2003

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1937935
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-2058.html
http://www.agr-s.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=478