lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts

New WWII FPS was annonced 2 days ago: "History Channel: Battle for the Pacific". Publisher is Activision (maybe Activision Value) and developer is Cauldron, Slovak's studio what have been on my good side long time. BTW, Cauldron is also developing "Soldier of Fortune : Payback" right now and both games should see a release in november.
screenshots for BftP:
http://games.tiscali.cz/news/news.asp?id=24499

more info and cover:

http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p33994.htm

m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 m1rock
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
HAHA you beat me! I was just going to post on this exact topic which I stummbled onto about 3 days ago. The game looks greats, and also Im guessing it will use the same engine as Call of Duty 2. (Just like History channels Civil War used the Call of Duty engine also released by activision) and the best part? There will be multiplayer support!! This could definetly be the pacific theater game Ive been waiting for :D
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lewuz

sry, but u are a bit wrong. Civil War (i liked this game!) used developer Cauldron's own engine called CloakNT. It has powered previously FPSes Chaser and Gene Trooper (great sci fi shooter).

Call of Duty ran on Quake 3 engine, CoD2 used "Heavily modified" Q3 engine.

I belive that both BotP and SoF3 will run on updated CloakNT.

m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 m1rock
Interesting to know! that cloak engine must borrow from it somehow though becuase the graphics and mechanics are almost identical ( a VERY good thing.) Im stoked for this FPS to drop. Cant wait to play BftP. Im actually more excited about this then I was for MOH Airborne.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lewuz

Activision Value makes budget games. That means U probably can get the game cheap, in states the regular price is 20$ (ok, 19,99 :D). But... u soon understand why the game is cheap! Short SP, lame MP if at all, not the best story, graphic, sound and voiceacting etc. Sure, some games can be fun, like Civil War, but as there are almost no marketing behind budget games then there are little chance them to get popular.

Doesn't matter for me as i play ALL FPSes i can get my hands on. But I'm maniac too. :D And I also know U have a plenty of budget games on your collection so U may found a place for BotP. But all i want to say that just a case don't hype it yourself to much. Dissapointment is easy to come. But MoH Airborne was fantastic IMHO.

m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m1rock
Well, I know it has multiplayer, which was one of the things Civil War very much lacked. Im not so concerned in the single player game as I am into the multiplayer. I would pretty much buy the game for the multiplayer.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts

Looks interesting. Will be good to play a WW2 game that isn't set in Europe.

I though Pacific Assault was pretty decent, just a shame about the various bugs.

GamingBoy2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 GamingBoy2009
Member since 2005 • 1651 Posts
Looks cool. We need more Pacific based WW2 games. By far, Pacific Assault is the best WW2 Pacific game. Maybe this one will be better? Anyway I am definatly looking forward to it. Since it has the History channel backing it, Im sure it will be historically accurate.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lewuz
I have this game quite a while but just today started it. So far playd only first mission. It was fast paced and very linear (as linear as war in trenches can be). But i liked it. Beside the graphis is pretty ok.
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lewuz
finished it. for mode information check "Post here Your last finished WWII game(s)" topic.