Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#51 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHIE2mw5rmeKgn01leKqO

Sorry for disappearing on you guys. I had exams and stuff and I was way behind so I had to do some heavy last weeks reading. Anyway, a little update on my activity from now on.

- I've been keeping up with my writing schedule, but the timeline I'm working on is turning out to be longer than I expected, so I probably won't start translating until early January.

- I've read the first half of the last episode in the first season of Nostos. I intend to finish that before I read any newer stuff. Sorry flash, metal shadow has to wait.

I'll have a lot of time though, so I don't think it will take me that long.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Welcome back waZ. A huge apology for not welcoming you back sooner! I've been neglecting my duties here, so my apologies to all. :( Next year I hope to come back with avengeance. Sorry Mojo for asking you to post stuff, then not reading it! Will get to it ASAP. It has also usurped Metal Shadow as a priority for me...poor Metal Shadow. :P

Oh, and am I forgetting something?

Yes!

Xmas-2012-Wallpaper.jpg

Happy Christmas! :D

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 iloveflash
Member since 2005 • 4760 Posts
I'm desperately searching for the Super Police 3, but I can't find the thread anywhere. WaZ, if you'd please?
waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#54 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts

I'm desperately searching for the Super Police 3, but I can't find the thread anywhere. WaZ, if you'd please?iloveflash

I posted all the super police volumes in one thread.

This one

If you mean number 3 after volume 1 and 2 has been merged into one, then I haven't started writing it, and won't for a while. 

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 iloveflash
Right, I forgot this is technically volume 2 now, not 3. Anyway, it's just what I was looking for!
sandyqbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#56 sandyqbg
Member since 2007 • 7090 Posts
Wazzup peeps!
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Foolz3h

Wazzup peeps!sandyqbg

Ohmagawd it's Sandy!

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 iloveflash

[QUOTE="sandyqbg"]Wazzup peeps!Foolz3h

Ohmagawd it's Sandy!

Gamespot won't allow me to use the appropriate word to respond to this, a word which brings to mind the liquid spring of the male genetalia at the sight of a long lost love.

sandyqbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 sandyqbg

Will try to drop in whenever possible. Working 12+ hours a day gives time for little else. After a long time, started a little writing.

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 iloveflash
Amazing how we're all growing up on this board. :P Btw I spoke to Endless the other day. He's in college now, also too busy to write. On that note I suddenly have an urge to reread Alignments Clash from start to finish.
sandyqbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sandyqbg
Mostly I need to start reading all the works here. I'll start this weekend
iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 iloveflash
Anyone else catching a virus/malware every time they visit this board?
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Foolz3h

Weird, I don't think so. From any particular thread? Also I'm still using the old board links I think.

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 iloveflash
The virus seems to have left the site now. Hope it won't amount to anything.
iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 iloveflash

Even though no one uses the Prestige system anymore, I've still been thinking of ways to help those of us who mainly critique works--such as barbariser--earn PP. One possible method of doing this just struck me!

Basically, the person being critiqued awards the points. They give the critic a score (on a scale of 1 to 4, the same scale as works) in their own member portfolio, right underneath where they tally their scores for their works, then the critic will just tally up the number of posts of constructive crit he gave that person, multiply it by the critee's score, and voila, the critic has PP. The critic then posts their scores in the prestige thread, listed as: "Name of Work" (score)

Just throwing this thought out there. You know, we should probably start our own forum someday. Off of Gamespot I mean. This place simply isn't dying. :P

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 iloveflash

I thought one already got a certain amount for commenting constructively on pieces?

This place is impossible to kill it would seem...at least since I showed up. :P Did you know that an off-site...site...was in Sparky's plans? I'm not sure if he ever made it due to his cloak and dagger nature, but he had big plans for it.

The most helpful thing for anyone to do would be recruitment. I keep putting it off. Basically just inviting random reviewers from the top 10 games at the time seems to help a lot, even once a month.

iloveflash

Everything you just said was copy/pasted from my past posts. Everything. That is plaigarism, sir. I love it.

Sparky did mention that before, in a TWJ interview if I remember correctly. But that was years ago. If he hasn't done anything yet, he probably never will. Therefore it is up to us, Lord Fuhrer, to engineer this off-site...si--experience.

Recruitment will probably be the biggest issue on a new forum because the pool of good writers here on GameSpot would be non-existent. We'd basically be playing the search-engine and traffic game like any other website out there. Which sounds like work.

BUT!

I think TWL will be something very different and unique if it becomes its own forum -- and maybe even bigger and better than it is now. How many places do you know, online or offline, where young, strapping lads from all over the globe (even Aussies) with a common interest in gaming can get together and read and critique each other's works? Sparky hit the nail in the head: only TWL.

I'll look into some of those free forum templates.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Foolz3h

I thought one already got a certain amount for commenting constructively on pieces?

This place is impossible to kill it would seem...at least since I showed up. :P Did you know that an off-site...site...was in Sparky's plans? I'm not sure if he ever made it due to his cloak and dagger nature, but he had big plans for it.

The most helpful thing for anyone to do would be recruitment. I keep putting it off. Basically just inviting random reviewers from the top 10 games at the time seems to help a lot, even once a month.

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 iloveflash
Alright, the gears have begun turning. TWL's new offsite experience will be one for the history books. Foolz3h, check your email for the blueprint. Everyone else, brace!
lerfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 lerfish
Member since 2008 • 629 Posts
Yo! Just dropped in to post some poems and saw this discussion about a non gamespot site and i have to say i think it's a brilliant idea. I'm sorry i havn't been around for so long but life has been busy! i must admit i feel i would be more inclined to visit more regularly to an independent site.. don't know why as it's no easier or difficult... think it must be a psychological thing. but anyway just a heads up i'll probably not be around as much as i once was and im pretty sure i won't be doing any critique work (it never was my thing in the first place) mainly due to lack of time. However i will try to drop in now and again to give you some poems to fap over and such. Anyway, off to try and find/update my poetry thread. Hope everyone is well, take it easy. Luke.
iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 iloveflash
Oh sh** I completely forgot about that. :P
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#71 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6413315/?skipmc=1

Uh oh? Did anyone else hear about this? 

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 iloveflash

I got immediately exhausted reading that. I've had plans stewing for the past month or so to move this board offsite, but it's been difficult finding a [good] forum hosting service to migrate to. A Facebook group is currently the only thing I can think of that would work. If everyone's willing to do that in the meantime, I'll set one up right now. Something on Twitter too.

It's a real shame GS is getting rid of unions, because TWL is quite literally the only reason I still come to this site. But I guess that places us in that quarter of one percent group the article mentioned. Shame shame shame.

And look at that, all the content we've posted over the years might be gone and irretrievable in a heartbeat. This bites. :(

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 iloveflash

The best forum service I've found are these guys: http://xenforo.com/

But they cost money.

Plus, there's some technologies I wanted to implement on the new forum that would require a degree of customization not offered in most of these services...

Chances are I might just make a Free Forum or Wikia for the union to migrate to for an indefinite time period. I'll send out a union PM to all members about it soon. What are everyone's respective thoughts?

Edit: I might as well list the main ones I've been looking at: Lefora and Vanilla. I have no idea what either of them can do but they sure look pretty.

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sharpie125

Yeah, I kind of like you guys :P. I'd be down for a migration.

I remember back in the day I was part of a group of kids who were getting too old to be on another teen-oriented forum (it was YTV.com) so we broke away and started our own underground community on phbb. This was when all posts were moderated for personal info or external sites, so we had to talk in code to broadcast the message lol.

iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 iloveflash

It is done.

Foolz3h, please drop a PM to all union members. Or any other officer, please do that. I'm 6am and I'm tired.

but hooray.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Foolz3h

I was just about to post a topic about this and what to do. Great iniative, Flash and Sharpie. Will send out the PM soon.

This really sucks. TWL longevity has been pretty damn impressive. It took GS killing off unions to kill it. :(

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Sharpie125
Had a sudden sinking feeling when somebody proclaimed the news in OT. It took me a bit to realize... isn't TWL a Union?
iloveflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By iloveflash

Dropping this here in case anyone stops by; TWL is now on the Write Now Wiki: writenow.wikia.com