EndlessGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3 EndlessGame
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts
Wow!   For such a short piece, that makes an impact.   It almost sounds like something one of those really dark characters would say just after the screen fades out into blackness.   I like how you have the literal relationship between the eyes being windows, and then being robbed blind and then you've also got the ethereal concept of stealing someone's soul.   It's well balanced, and fits the title as well.   When I first saw this topic, I expected a story about a thief, but this is awesome. :D   I don't know how you could improve it without taking away from the effect it has because of its length, but I've gotta say that it's really good. :)
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts

Wow! For such a short piece, that makes an impact. It almost sounds like something one of those really dark characters would say just after the screen fades out into blackness. I like how you have the literal relationship between the eyes being windows, and then being robbed blind and then you've also got the ethereal concept of stealing someone's soul. It's well balanced, and fits the title as well. When I first saw this topic, I expected a story about a thief, but this is awesome. :D I don't know how you could improve it without taking away from the effect it has because of its length, but I've gotta say that it's really good. :)EndlessGame

*nods head to everything* 

EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

Thanks a lot you two, I'm glad you liked it. :D

I don't know how you could improve it without taking away from the effect it has because of its length, but I've gotta say that it's really good. EndlessGame

Really, the length is something I argued with myself about for a while.  I kept trying to add to it, but the more I added, the more it seemed to detract from what I had initially started with.  The only thing I don't like is that it seems so...one trick pony, if you know what I mean.  Like wow, EtherTwilight can write four solid, albeit short, lines...then what? :

Oh well.

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
I know what you mean. In my Metroid stories, I would sometimes encounter a very short sentence or a few descirbing an action scene, and when I decided they would need to be expanded upon or something, I sometimes said, "No, the more I add the less cool it gets, etc" so I can be right with you there.
Blade_Tr4iner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Blade_Tr4iner
Member since 2006 • 2112 Posts

I've never really been a "long poetry" person (except for one poem about the Vietnam war which actually made me cry), so I don't hold the length against this poem.

It is a good poem - it impacts you instantly and still has some nice room for interpretation.

EndlessGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 EndlessGame
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts

Thanks a lot you two, I'm glad you liked it. :D

[quote="EndlessGame"]I don't know how you could improve it without taking away from the effect it has because of its length, but I've gotta say that it's really good. EtherTwilight

Really, the length is something I argued with myself about for a while.  I kept trying to add to it, but the more I added, the more it seemed to detract from what I had initially started with.  The only thing I don't like is that it seems so...one trick pony, if you know what I mean.  Like wow, EtherTwilight can write four solid, albeit short, lines...then what? :

Oh well.

Well, since it can have a lot of interpretations, I don't think it's a one trick pony.   And this is only one of your pieces of work, here you've proven you can make a strong impact in a few lines, but I'm sure you'll have another piece of work somewhere that proves you can effectively tell a lengthy story.   The law for long stories: waffling is fun. :D

Uziel126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Uziel126
Member since 2006 • 2994 Posts
I like this poem. Interesting play on words, how did you get the inspiration?
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

I like this poem. Interesting play on words, how did you get the inspiration?Uziel126

Listening to a ton of Pig Destroyer and The Blood Brothers.  More so the Pig Destroyer. :PÂ